Victory

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Rider
Trained
Trained

Victory

Post by Rider »

I just wanted to share this with everyone here.

A friend of me and myself have just done battle with 4 AI players and come out victorious! We've been playing the Warzone AI for years now but this is the first time we managed to best a team of 4 maximum difficulty AIs! Ofcourse the only place to go now is up, and while this particular battle took place on BeggarsKanyon we're already looking to take on the droid forces on less turtle friendly maps.

This isn't to become awesome players necessarily, in fact we'd probably suffer defeat by the hands of most anyone who has decent experience playing Warzone multiplayer, but it's fun and it gives us a challenge of sorts.

Compstomp yay!
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Victory

Post by Olrox »

Congrats :wink:

~Olrox
KenAlcock
Trained
Trained

Post by KenAlcock »

Congratulations on your victory. Not to diminish it, but which version of WZ were you using when you won?

If your friend and you want two more difficult comp stomp challenges on different maps, then try these below.

MAP: 8c-ThreeVFive (You'll have to get this from someone in the WZ lobby server who has it)
Human Starting Positions: Player 0, and Player 2
AI Starting Positions: Player 3, Player 4, Player 5, Player 6, Player 7
Bases: Off (No starting bases)
Recommended Starting Tech Level: any
AI Advantages: 5/3 (5/2 in your case) the capability of the human team in: research, defense construction, and unit production. Available resources are the same per-human and per-AI.
Human Advantages: 2/15 more terrain per-human on which to build bases.

MAP: 8c-AIAssault (file resides on this forum)
Human Starting Positions: Player 0 (NW corner inner base area), and Player 3 (SE corner inner base area)
AI Starting Positions: Player 4, Player 5, Player 6, Player 7
Bases: Off (No starting bases) or Start with Bases (i.e. just HQ and base oil derricks)
Recommended Starting Tech Level: any
AI Advantages: About 3-4 times the oil resources of the human team to fund: research, defense construction, and unit production. The AI has a slight high-ground advantage. The AI has the humans surrounded and will be attacking from all sides.
Human Advantages: Being human, that's it.

I have personally won both of these maps against medium-level AI single handed. However, that victory was back around v 2.3 Beta 8. The standard AI's research paths have been greatly improved since back then, and many weapons have been rebalanced (or just simply nerfed), so the AIs are much more difficult to defeat now. Those victories also came after playing those maps several (15-20+) times.

I often host games online with map 8c-AIAssault with 4 humans against 4 Max AIs. We have yet to beat the AIs in the most recent releases.

I love these types of maps because they are great training grounds for multiplayer games. You must learn and practice optimum: base structure building, tech research paths, and unit production. Otherwise your enemy overruns you. This is quite similar to what happens in multiplayer games. The main difference is that in MP the human enemy is more adaptive to each game's situation. The main key to games like this is how the individual players work as a team and do they have a battle plan.

Happy Comp Stompin'! :twisted:
My game handle is Cosmic Raven or Cosmic Raven 68
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

Try DyDo for a greater challange.
~theArmourer
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

We did and found it actually easier to play than the stock AI.
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

Well, if you push the slider for the stock AI all the way to the right, its going to cheat very badly. :S - Stupid cheaters, dydo-AI doenst cheat! So in my eyes, dydo-AI is the way to go!
AKA. Balano
icefire
Trained
Trained

Post by icefire »

You should start playing some multiplayer :3