New Terrain

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New Terrain

Post by Mysteryem »

EVIL386 wrote:Hi guys, what happened to the terrain branch?

Just reloaded my machine after install a new motherboard, went to check out the branch (I love the new renderer).

But it's missing, has it been merged with another branch or are the new textures available somewhere else?

Cheers,

E386
The new terrain was put into trunk quite a while ago. :)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

I've checked out and compiled the trunk but the new terrain is not being used, is there an option or do i have to download the textures elsewhere?

E386.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Are you running the correct executable?
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

heh my clue was in this post, I've accidentaly checked out the 2.3 branch.

Grabbing the trunk now.
EVIL386
Trained
Trained

Post by EVIL386 »

brilliant, it's working now, thanks for helping point out my blatent mistake :D,
Got a couple of questions about this new trunk version but i'll post those in the correct topic, bbfn.
SCAVANGER
Trained
Trained

Post by SCAVANGER »

this is awesome esta de la madre!!! great job :3
lo siento yo no hablo ingles disculpen mis errores

wz2100 lo juego desde que tengo 9 años XD (en la playstation 1)
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

Mysteryem wrote: The new terrain was put into trunk quite a while ago. :)
Little question about this: when do you plan to merge this engine to some release branch (for. ex with what version)?
I think I saw a roadmap somewhere but don't remember plans for renderer.
Thanks!
javierkaiser
Trained
Trained

Post by javierkaiser »

if my memory does not fail me, it is for version 3.0. Wich was schuled for....somewhere in 2010 (90 years to go for 2100, woohooo :D )
Raem_Lylar
Trained
Trained

Post by Raem_Lylar »

javierkaiser wrote:if my memory does not fail me, it is for version 3.0. Wich was schuled for....somewhere in 2010 (90 years to go for 2100, woohooo :D )
Well if you want to get nuked you only have to wait till 2086 (right?).
Main: Arithyce
Fastdeath
Trained
Trained

Post by Fastdeath »

Yesterday i compiled the current trunk for testing. The first thing i noticed, that wonderfull new Terrain, awesome.
I can't wait for 3.0 to be released (or beta? :-)).

Thank you guys,
Fastdeath

EDIT: Or even Alpha to play on MP... :-)
Nightly builds available here see buildbot for more infos about them
Lobby Server: here and here
SharpFlame the new WZ Map Editor
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

hello,
please tell me when does it come into the game in the normal executable not only trunk?

AND

please tell me this is more than a year old stuff why did it not make into the game by now? I played with this new terrain allready a year ago with a nightly build and it was VERY stable even more stable than the actual beta version i would say so please tell me why.

the best screenshots:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2379&hilit=screenshot&start=30

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2379&hilit=screenshot&start=45
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

andron wrote:hello,
please tell me when does it come into the game in the normal executable not only trunk?

AND

please tell me this is more than a year old stuff why did it not make into the game by now? I played with this new terrain allready a year ago with a nightly build and it was VERY stable even more stable than the actual beta version i would say so please tell me why.
Trunk will (should) be version 3.0

As for when... we are working on it. We do NOT have many developers, but we are trying our best. :stressed:
and it ends here.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

andron wrote: please tell me this is more than a year old stuff why did it not make into the game by now?
Because so many of you have low-rent, wimpy graphics cards that cannot even display the words 'OpenGl' and even though our hearts are hardened by years of C coding and bad management, we could not bear to hear the pitiful cries of the user base as their on-board graphics chips melted and caught fire in a futile attempt to render all that beautiful terrain.

Hence, the idea that the 2.x branch will live on for those with low-end machines.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

stiv wrote:Because so many of you have low-rent, wimpy graphics cards that cannot even display the words 'OpenGl' and even though our hearts are hardened by years of C coding and bad management, we could not bear to hear the pitiful cries of the user base as their on-board graphics chips melted and caught fire in a futile attempt to render all that beautiful terrain.
I was always (and still) thinking that my i915 integrated graphics card from 2004 / 2004 is low end (even does not support OpenGL 2.0), but what a surprise, trunk works, even with biggest texture size... Maybe i should compare FPS numbers, with 2.3...
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

hmm i have also an old laptop from some when between 1998 and 2002 it played warzone as far i remember but i dont use it anymore.

stiv hmm can you hear the pitiful crys of the much people who have a decent pc and want to play the new graphics but cannot because the trunk version from januar does allways crash especially in skirmish? Hmm i think it would also be a good idea to make a good and stable trunk build every three month AND put it in the download section on the other hand 3.0 is due in three month so the only one that is important ist the next one...