t1 mod?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: t1 mod?

Post by Olrox »

Crymson wrote: My smiley translator clearly shows that he don't know what Rman Virgil is talking about.
Are you using beta 12a of the translator? ;)
Nope, I'm using the trunk version with cutting-edge smilie tech, so I bet I'm right :lecture:
:lol2:

~Olrox :wink:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I'm going to side with Crymson. hjhjhj doesn't look like he knows how to edit a mod. :P
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:I'm going to side with Crymson. hjhjhj doesn't look like he knows how to edit a mod. :P
Ok, mr. webmaster 8)

What RV is talking about, in a very detailed manner, is: There are .txt files that relate specific files to specific names and vice-versa. The problem might be in the change of names of the mini-rocket pod.
  • To solve this problem, you need to extract the mod (using WinRAR, WinZIP, or whatever program you have that can extract .zip files - .wz files are disguised .zip storaged files.
  • After you've extracted the files, search for the "messages" folder, and then use a text editor to change all the entries of "Mini-Pod" to "Mini-Rocket Pod". Most editors (like Wordpad, for example) have a built-in "search and replace" feature, which makes this proccess VERY easy.
  • After you've done the necessary modifications, overwrite the text file, and then zip the mod folder - USE THE "STORAGE" METHOD, as any compression will make the mod stop working. Rename it to .wz (you can even do this when you're specifying the mod location in winRAR) and place it on the appropriate folder (mods).
  • Test it.
  • If it crashes, try to figure out what is causing the problem by taking a careful look at the end of the stderr.txt file (which is in your install folder).
  • If you can figure out, check the file to see if there are any "Mini-Pod" entries there. If there are, replace them. If there aren't and you can't fix the problem, tell us what happened and post the stderr.txt file :wink:
That's actually half of the proccess of modding, in a very small nutcase :)

Hope this helps solving your problem. Remember to post the fixed mod if it works, so that others can use it as well! Don't forget to specify who created the mod, of course 8)

~Olrox
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

i just say have fun ok? :lol2:

-- Delphinio

it wasnt the messages folder btw...

Edit: someone deleted this link, dont know why but you know... PM ftw.
Last edited by Delphinio on 01 Sep 2010, 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

Zarel wrote:I'm going to side with Crymson. hjhjhj doesn't look like he knows how to edit a mod. :P
Yep! Thats what i ment XD

--

But thank you Delphino, i tried the mod - One of the Ai's had Satelite and Cyborgs with railgun :hmm:
Will try it again and see if it still occurs. :)
AKA. Balano
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Olrox wrote:
Crymson wrote: My smiley translator clearly shows that he don't know what Rman Virgil is talking about.
Nope, I'm using the trunk version with cutting-edge smilie tech, so I bet I'm right :lecture:

Ok, no comments 'bout that please 8)

~Olrox
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

Ok, beside the bug i mentioned, i could'n research Lancer AT Rocket or Bunker Buster - I had to destroy enemy base to get artifactes to research.. So its kinda of buggy this mod anyway :augh:
AKA. Balano
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Olrox wrote:

Olrox wrote: Ok, no comments 'bout that please 8)
~Olrox
heh... sure thing! :hmm: lol
I was just going to say, you need to revert your trunk version, seems you have a bug. :ninja:
and it ends here.
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Buginator wrote: heh... sure thing! :hmm: lol
I was just going to say, you need to revert your trunk version, seems you have a bug. :ninja:
snicker :lol2:
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Buginator wrote: heh... sure thing! :hmm: lol
Should I make a ticket? XD

~Olrox
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

hjhjhj wrote:Ok, beside the bug i mentioned, i could'n research Lancer AT Rocket or Bunker Buster - I had to destroy enemy base to get artifactes to research.. So its kinda of buggy this mod anyway :augh:
i try to fix that in the next 2 weeks.
-- Delphinio

Edit: sry, for no bug fixing : /.
Last edited by Delphinio on 01 Sep 2010, 02:15, edited 1 time in total.
hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

Delphinio wrote:
hjhjhj wrote:Ok, beside the bug i mentioned, i could'n research Lancer AT Rocket or Bunker Buster - I had to destroy enemy base to get artifactes to research.. So its kinda of buggy this mod anyway :augh:
i try to fix that in the next 2 weeks.
-- Delphinio
Yay! :!!!: :lecture:
AKA. Balano