New Fortresses

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Re: New Fortresses

Post by DarkCheetah »

BaBa wrote:How about this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flak_Tower Maybe it could hit ground targets as well. :D
this is truely a "must have!!" but whos doing the modelling? :o
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
BaBa
Greenhorn

Post by BaBa »

this is truely a "must have!!" but whos doing the modelling? :o
I'm only good for idea suggestions. :(
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

BaBa wrote: I'm only good for idea suggestions. :(
yeah same to me, i am constantly demanding Ai's, but there's no one who can make a puuurfect ai like Turtle ai and SuperAi anymore =/ ais who dont crash ur game
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
Klavinmour
Greenhorn

Post by Klavinmour »

I'm not sure that flak tower would really fit into the game
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

DarkCheetah wrote:
BaBa wrote: I'm only good for idea suggestions. :(
yeah same to me, i am constantly demanding Ai's, but there's no one who can make a puuurfect ai like Turtle ai and SuperAi anymore =/ ais who dont crash ur game
[off topic] DyDo AI has a turtle AI in it. You can even go in the text file (instructions are even there at the top) and set all AIs to play as 'turtle'. DyDo is a pretty good AI too. Try 2 vs 2 with you having an AI on difficulty 1 and the two DyDo enemies on max strength.

Back on topic: Any flak that can target ground will be too strong. Things made for taking down VTOLs have to be really powerful because VTOLs are there for such a short time. An AA fortress would be too much strength vs air. It would make VTOLs completely useless once you started building these.

Laser/MG fortresses sound really good.

Why can AI not build more than one fortress? It builds x5 factories/research which are base structs too. Hard coded limit? Guess it would be kinda boring if AI builds lots of fortresses anyway, as it uses all its power and it wouldn't really have any potent attacks.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
Klavinmour
Greenhorn

Post by Klavinmour »

I always thought AI only built one type of Fortress because once they get the Cannon Fortress they have the Laser Satellite Uplink and so I tell them they aren't allowed to exist anymore