Power comes so slowly

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Power comes so slowly

Post by Olrox »

grvalderrama wrote:Here's a piece of advice:
DO NEVER RECYCLE YOUR UNITS, SAVE AND EXIT GAME. Because, when you load the saved game, the units you produce WILL NOT have the experiencie from the recycled units. I'm not sure if this happens in the latest version of the game, but I used to have units from the first campaing to the second campaing with all the experience and did the big mistake of recycling them, save the mission and go to sleep or whatever. After that, I was so pissed that I send all my new units to death.

Well, I hope you find this useful, would have certainly been useful for me long time ago!!!
Cheers!
Bugs are meant to be reported! You can do that on specific places, so that the proccess of fixing the bug is optimized.
And always remember to mention the version you're using.
Search around for information and have a good time around here.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

~Olrox
Last edited by Olrox on 23 Feb 2010, 03:28, edited 2 times in total.
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

dmkp wrote:Why would you need them to have experience anyway?

Apart from them looking cool with their stripes, I don't see much improvement.
Well it's a good question, somehow they are smarter than the other units, and shoot faster and are A LOT more accurate (try using 1 experienced bunker buster and an unexperienced one). When I'm attacking, they are the last units to be repaired... so the last units to retreat from combat. I don't believe they are stronger, so my guess is that they are smarter... Just try having them really experienced, and you will see.
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

Olrox wrote:
Bugs are meant to be reported! You can do that on specific places, so that the proccess of fixing the bug is optimized.
And always remember to mention the version you're using.
Search around for information and have a good time around here.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

~Olrox
Thanks, I didn't report it because I really don't know how to do it. Besides, I'm not sure if it's a bug, sometimes happens, some others doesn't. But, so far, I haven't had that problem with beta 10 version. I can save all I want. xD

I will keep in mind your words, but I'm just getting to know the forum, has a lot of places to go, and much to read.
Bye!
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

dmkp wrote:Why would you need them to have experience anyway?

Apart from them looking cool with their stripes, I don't see much improvement.
WAT O_O
You really think ranks are just visual??!
http://guide.wz2100.net/experience
Try to make a Green unit fight with a Veteran unit of the same setup (Alt+Click).
The Veteran will:
Have 20% more speed;
Have 20% more accuracy;
Be 20% harder to hit;
Take 24% less damage from hits.

Those are hardly visible if on a large group that's levelling up together, but make quite the difference, especially if you use commanders. :cool:

~Olrox
grvalderrama
Rookie
Rookie

Post by grvalderrama »

Look at that! Never seen that Chart... So they ARE stronger!! Baaah, I don't care, I'm sending all my pro units to death anyway. xD
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

grvalderrama wrote:Look at that! Never seen that Chart... So they ARE stronger!! Baaah, I don't care, I'm sending all my pro units to death anyway. xD
You'll never see Heroes that way
Those take almost half the damage, you know :cool:
And are 40% Faster, more accurate, and harder to hit ;)