Increase draw distance

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Increase draw distance

Post by BlueMaxima »

Topic says it all.

Basically, Warzone and EditWorld could look good with increased draw distance (in Fog of War mode for Warzone).
Bring back...ducks!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Increase draw distance

Post by KukY »

?
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Basically, you can see further away in-game.
Bring back...ducks!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

You mean ability to zoom out more?
Yes!
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Yeah, preferably. It'd also be nice to be on a flat map and be able to see more than 20 tiles in the distance when you're just above ground level looking straight foward.
Bring back...ducks!
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Can that be done? i'd love it!
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Be careful, big draw distances can slow down some regular computers... If added, it should/must be a configurable one.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

who cares, i know mine,it can handle it.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Tenoh wrote:who cares, i know mine,it can handle it.
Egoist... Not all users have a ****ing megacomputer, keep in mind that some people wouldn't be able to play the game properly if the draw distance is bigger and cannot be reduced on settings!

If added, the draw distance should be able to be changed on settings, In fact, one of main eficciency-feature factor is the DrawDistance, most games, including the old ones (obviously 3D ones) and the new ones, are affected by it.

The idea would be making able to see further, IF the computer can handle it, not to impose it to every user.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Saberuneko wrote: Egoist... Not all users have a ****ing megacomputer, keep in mind that some people wouldn't be able to play the game properly if the draw distance is bigger and cannot be reduced on settings!
I would guess that the ressource requirements of Warzone (without shadows) is very very minimal. The game is nearly 11 Years old and looks still the same. (At least the 2.x Series)
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

So there! game is old,not much you can do to it will really strain todays even cheapest videocards.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

Tenoh wrote:So there! game is old,not much you can do to it will really strain todays even cheapest videocards.
Fake. My computer, with 4,7 Ghz and 1,87 Gb of RAM gets laggy when arround 200 units-buildings-objects are into draw distance... I haven't got to say that if the number increases more, it finally gets stuck. :stressed:
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

I cannot confirm this, not even from experience of my very old computer. You should disable shadows in this case.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

I will try. Thanks for the idea, this is funny... I have shadows activated, but they don't appear :P

I will deactivate them, and everything solved ^^
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

And my point is proven.Btw whats your videocard dude?