Transport by Xenon

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: Transport by Xenon

Post by Olrox »

The geometry is interesting, but I didn't like the colors: Half of it should be teamcolor, and the other half, gray, I think.

I (or Mangust, I don't know, probably he) will make a model for AR sooner or later, but it'll follow the shapes on the textures and cutscenes from the game. But I agree completely that it should be bigger: it is indeed too small for 10 tanks to fit on it (as the cyborg transport looks too small to carry 10 cyborgs).
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Olrox wrote:as the cyborg transport looks too small to carry 10 cyborgs
Think about 10 super cyborgs when making this one... they are almost as big as tanks!!! O_o
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Post by Corporal Punishment »

The cyborg transport clearly looks like it uses regular wings to create lift, so it will logically need airfields for take-off and landing. Better make it a VTOL, with large impellers instead of wings, like in the beta-campaign intro. But what is lifting the vehicle transport? It rather looks like some sort of space vessel than something that flies within the atmosphere... Well, the same goes for the original transport and VTOLs to. Their impellers are just too flimsy.
Qui desiderat pacem bellum praeparat
Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De re militari
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Corporal Punishment wrote:The cyborg transport clearly looks like it uses regular wings to create lift, so it will logically need airfields for take-off and landing. Better make it a VTOL, with large impellers instead of wings, like in the beta-campaign intro. But what is lifting the vehicle transport? It rather looks like some sort of space vessel than something that flies within the atmosphere... Well, the same goes for the original transport and VTOLs to. Their impellers are just too flimsy.
did you look under them? ;)
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Olrox wrote:did you look under them? ;)
? The original ones or those made by Xenon? No I didn't, and how should i? The game camera doesn't allow this and i'm not going to start meddling with Blender or anything anytime soon. Anyway, impellers will not work mounted under the vehicle belly, because they can't drag air there. At best, one would end up with a vortex ring state unless there are intakes at the sides or top of the aircraft. The only option are vector jets, but these need intakes at the top of the craft too and consume massive amounts of fuel.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Corporal Punishment wrote:? The original ones or those made by Xenon? No I didn't, and how should i? The game camera doesn't allow this and i'm not going to start meddling with Blender or anything anytime soon. Anyway, impellers will not work mounted under the vehicle belly, because they can't drag air there. At best, one would end up with a vortex ring state unless there are intakes at the sides or top of the aircraft. The only option are vector jets, but these need intakes at the top of the craft too and consume massive amounts of fuel.
The impellers are mounted on their wings, and moderately easily visible. All Warzone aircraft are VTOLs.
bugger
Greenhorn

Post by bugger »

I like this transport alot. It looks Much better than the old one imo.
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Zarel wrote:
Corporal Punishment wrote:? The original ones or those made by Xenon? No I didn't, and how should i? The game camera doesn't allow this and i'm not going to start meddling with Blender or anything anytime soon. Anyway, impellers will not work mounted under the vehicle belly, because they can't drag air there. At best, one would end up with a vortex ring state unless there are intakes at the sides or top of the aircraft. The only option are vector jets, but these need intakes at the top of the craft too and consume massive amounts of fuel.
The impellers are mounted on their wings, and moderately easily visible. All Warzone aircraft are VTOLs.
That is just my point. I don't see any impellers on Xenons transports and those on the original transports and VTOLs appear way to small to me.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Corporal Punishment wrote:That is just my point. I don't see any impellers on Xenons transports and those on the original transports and VTOLs appear way to small to me.
VTOL impellers are small because they're really only used during takeoff and landing.

As for transports, well, I think they're decently big. We'll write it off as 2100 technology.

I'm talking about the original stuff, of course. No comment on Xenon's stuff.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

How could we say that Xenon's propellers aren't Xenon Thrusters? Those are VERY powerful even in our days, I bet that on year 2100 those would be much more improved.
Xenon
Trained
Trained

Post by Xenon »

New transports with improved textures and some changed geometry :D
Attachments
wz2100_shot_004.png
wz2100_shot_001.png
Transports with new textures.zip
(553.47 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Sorry for my english
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

the large one looks organic like in the UFO: Aftermath & sequels.
I bet you could use some help with textures... I'll retake my work with AR today (hurray! xD ), if I get some time to spare, I'll be glad to help you! If you want your transports to look more like "metal plates" and all, of course ;)
Xenon
Trained
Trained

Post by Xenon »

if you want make some new textures for my models transports i thank you :3
But i think it is my latest models for transports ;) , because i worked with my mod and havn't enough time for further improving this transports...
Sorry for my english
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Ok, can you post the model in some format other than .pie? Cuz I hate .pies... :P
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Olrox wrote:Cuz I hate .pies.
But you don't hate WZ.
Do you???