Models by MaNGusT (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: models by MaNGusT

Post by Olrox »

Additionaly, I just think the textures are too cartoonish, I think. I could make more polished versions if you want, MaNGusT.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Olrox wrote:Additionaly, I just think the textures are too cartoonish, I think. I could make more polished versions if you want, MaNGusT.
I made textures only for preview.
My viper is based on sequence and original textures. I'm not trying to make new warzone style :-)

cobra in game+simple texture
wz2100_shot_011.jpg
wz2100_shot_006.jpg
cobra+tex.jpg
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Holy mother of pearl... O_O
Sekmeton
Trained
Trained

Post by Sekmeton »

Olrox wrote:...it was the first time I've played any metal gear xD
HERESY!!!!!!

Ok, now... I have some ideas about models n stuff... but I'm not a designer xP so... What about posting some draws in AutoCAD 2008?

Should I create a new thread?
I'm asking because I don't want to interfere with MaNGusT's job here... you guys tell me

EDIT: Great models btw... but remember: A Tank Doesn't have a Glass in front xD It has cameras and sensors... maybe little visors
Maybe I should remove my location o_O
thelion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thelion »

The buggy Olrox posted at end of last page and the hover by MaNGust are looking pretty good.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

thelion wrote:The buggy Olrox posted at end of last page and the hover by MaNGust are looking pretty good.
Where do you see a new hover model?
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

awesomeness :twisted:
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Pretty amazing!

Does the window on the cobra disappear under some of the turrets?
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Per wrote:Pretty amazing!
Does the window on the cobra disappear under some of the turrets?
No, I tested it with every weapon and it was visible but i think that window should be smaller or completely erased. I'm not good with 2D graphics but I'm working on new textures. Also green part of texture should be reworked(I don't know for what it was made for :gonk: )

if someone from developers want to help me with textures then it will be very good. ;)
thelion
Rookie
Rookie

Post by thelion »

I meant the cobra body. I looks, in my opinion, especially fitting with the hover movement (in the screenshot). Perhaps, change the texture into different shades of much darker green, without any pattern in the dark green? I would argue it would look fine.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

hahahaha, ok, I'm outta here xD
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

MaNGusT wrote:No, I tested it with every weapon and it was visible but i think that window should be smaller or completely erased. I'm not good with 2D graphics but I'm working on new textures. Also green part of texture should be reworked(I don't know for what it was made for :gonk: )

if someone from developers want to help me with textures then it will be very good. ;)
Erm, why does it have windows anyway? Since the units are robots with no personel and are refered to as droids. :|
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

MaNGusT wrote:No, I tested it with every weapon and it was visible but i think that window should be smaller or completely erased. I'm not good with 2D graphics but I'm working on new textures. Also green part of texture should be reworked(I don't know for what it was made for :gonk: )

Mysteryem wrote:Erm, why does it have windows anyway? Since the units are robots with no personel and are refered to as droids. :|
Because they were damaged droids abandoned on the battlefield and later salvaged and re-built by Tech-minded Scavs for their hands-on use in the fight against machine tyranny and oppression against the "pure flesh" in the year 2112. ;)
Imagination - it's a wonderful thing.
Lol, whip :ninja:
Amund
New user

Post by Amund »

Fantastic! I love it, especially the Viper. But I think the textures should be 'cleaner', I think it will look very fuzzy when you have 50 of these on the screen, tiny tiny ones... maybe think of letting the textures underline the shapes of the model rather than adding lots of... 'texture' to it ? Just a thought.

I was also amazed by the Python model, when I saw it I thought 'THAT's what the game designers thought when they made it'!

Great stuff, keep up the good work, I hope one day these will be the official graphics for this game! :D

BTW, just a suggestion. I think you can cut off the whole backside of the wheels. It will never show, not even on the design screens - I think.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Mysteryem wrote: Erm, why does it have windows anyway? Since the units are robots with no personel and are refered to as droids. :|
I don't know. Viper has the window in the factory sequence and so I decided to make it for the cobra too. I can erase it or you can make your own texture.(Olrox, you are invited too ;) )

It's my texture. use it as example.
alpha.png
for your work.
page-68-cobra01-orig2.png
I changed the model slightly and remade UV unwrap too. Make edges of parts wider to exclude the black border.
Last edited by MaNGusT on 23 Sep 2009, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.