connection timed out ???Oo?

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Korusray
Trained
Trained

Re: connection timed out ???Oo?

Post by Korusray »

okay yall might as well close this thread............
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

Korusray wrote:lol
my mobo is an Nforce 4-ma
the switch is for networking my intarnet with another pc/laptop

and i have no idea wut an ICS is lmao

will check on that mobo later, downloading the tech manual as we speak, but im about to head out to work.

ICS= internet connection sharing (where you use one computer using a modem to provide internet to other computers via a switch.) a handy setup if its needed, but can be a pain in the ass to be honest.
Zarel wrote:Motherboards can't block anything; it's not your motherboard...
I agree whole heartedly, however it would be just like nvidia to try and incorperate some crazy ass attempt at a 'built in firewall'

built in soundcards was a dumb idea, but it took of anyway oO
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Zarel wrote:Motherboards can't block anything; it's not your motherboard...
http://www.nvidia.com/object/security.html
Sounds like it is the hardware doing the filtering. Of course, not defaulting to off unless activated by software would be extremely stupid, but... you know...
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

ActiveArmor Firewall wrote:An easy-to-use software interface allows you to instantly enable NVIDIA Firewall and protect your personal information
i was sure it had a software element as i mentioned erlier, we were talking about the same thing.
ActiveArmor Firewall wrote:with antihacking capabilities can reduce the internally originated security breaches, and can inhibit desktops from generating unauthorized traffic.
i do believe that will be the problem imho.

awsome research cybersphinx, kudos!
Korusray wrote:okay yall might as well close this thread............
patience is a virtue =p
Korusray
Trained
Trained

Post by Korusray »

sadly i do not have the patience of a saint therefore i give up if yall wanna continue to er debug this feel free to in all honesty just thinking about it is giving me a migrain, or maybe its my nephews dunno which but meh

me, r4pture and zarel have pretty much come down to a conlusion that my isp is blocking said port xD
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

cybersphinx wrote:Sounds like it is the hardware doing the filtering. Of course, not defaulting to off unless activated by software would be extremely stupid, but... you know...
Yeah, I discovered that later, but that firewall was already turned off (I tried getting his to work with remote desktop)...
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

is it possible to change the ports that warzone uses? im gonna look in the faqs e.t.c but one of you may reply faster than i find it ;)
Korusray
Trained
Trained

Post by Korusray »

okay this crap is soo confusing and aggrivatig still cannot host, and i know 2 things...A: its not my ISP blocking it, and B: its not my firewall either (windows and Nvidia are both turned off)

any other suggestions.....much appreciated.....................

edit: i just installed a different FW ad still doesnt work xD