some warzone idea's

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Timmie
Greenhorn

some warzone idea's

Post by Timmie »

Ok, I got 1.

last online matches I always found sombody who build enormous amounts of planes.
even to much for AA lasers to handle
I could build like 30 of those AA turrets, and not 1 turret would survive the attack.

it was basicly somekind of constant overrun by planes.

now I think it would be cool if there was somekind of expensive turret that can do an EMP blast around itself ( then do a slow reload )
wich takes out every unit that is in its attackrange.

you will need to keep this turret out of your base sinds an EMP doesnt only freeze enemy units but also your own units that are near it.
and ofcours gife it a slow recharge ( like 1 shot every 20 secs )

so what happens, vtols fly over to do an attack.
emp turret goes of,
planes land for 5 secs.
ground units and howitzers can take out planes.

other request, the emp mortar should take out more units with 1 shot.
now 1 emp shot can only hit 1 unit, while it should imobilize atleast a couple of units at once ( like incinidary mortar )

some goes voor emp cluster bombs.

now your plane flies to the enemy, drops 1 bomb on 20 robots, only 1 bot freezes and the rest just continue to walk.
NO, they should all be frozen.

then commanders.

at this point they are useless,
the only thing I can see to make them more usefull is when you wouldnt be able to control as many units with a single click.

now you just press ctr+H ( all hovers )
go to enemy base and click on some units to get destroyed.
if you could only control 10 peeps or more at once with a command, it would make them more usefull.

in the menu, more diffirent player colors. I wanna have a yellow/red polkadotted tank

about the buildings, in the campaign, every enemy has these little diffirences about their command tower, the ones of the new paradigm is small at the bottem while that of the collective is very small at the top.

would be nice to see these little diffirences in multiplayer.

last, I wand the option ( or atleast a radar or so ) that can spot Vtols in the air. would be fun to see them appear as lines in the color of the Vtol on your mini map. ( just like in the original warzone ).

makes it easier to spot those vtols.
and makes me able to assign bug scource missiles Vtols to the tower so I can intercept other Vtols.

in the multiplayer menu there should be an option for the host. where he can choose if he can choose the teams or if the clients can choose in what team they sit.

because at the moment everytime I wanna host a teamgame, there is always sombody who doesnt want to go to team B or doesnt want to leave team A or so.

last time it took me 5 minutes to put everyone in the right team and yes , it involved kicking people of the server.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: some warzone idea's

Post by Mysteryem »

Timmie wrote:emp turret goes of,
planes land for 5 secs.
ground units and howitzers can take out planes.
EMPed Vtols remain in the air. I'm not sure what would be done about this.
other request, the emp mortar should take out more units with 1 shot.
now 1 emp shot can only hit 1 unit, while it should imobilize atleast a couple of units at once ( like incinidary mortar )

some goes voor emp cluster bombs.

now your plane flies to the enemy, drops 1 bomb on 20 robots, only 1 bot freezes and the rest just continue to walk.
NO, they should all be frozen.
They definately need a splash radius in my opinion, has anyone actually ever seen someone use EMP bomb bays anyway (yes, some games do last that long)? I think pulse laser vtols just get spammed at that stage in the game.
in the menu, more diffirent player colors. I wanna have a yellow/red polkadotted tank
With the current system there is only colours for 8 players which are found in the texpages. Adding more team colours would mean redoing the texpages and redoing the pie files to accept more player colours; one huge job.
in the multiplayer menu there should be an option for the host. where he can choose if he can choose the teams or if the clients can choose in what team they sit.

because at the moment everytime I wanna host a teamgame, there is always sombody who doesnt want to go to team B or doesnt want to leave team A or so.

last time it took me 5 minutes to put everyone in the right team and yes , it involved kicking people of the server.
Another good suggestion IMO. Setting the teams up before people join and hoping that they'll leave them alone isn't a good compromise.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Timmie
Greenhorn

Post by Timmie »

another idea,
there should be somekind of peace time on startup.
like say 20min or so. where people can not attack eachother.
since the last times I played there is always sombody rushing another player within 5 minutes into the game.

this is very anoying.
silberfuchs
Greenhorn

Post by silberfuchs »

Timmie wrote:another idea,
there should be somekind of peace time on startup.
like say 20min or so. where people can not attack eachother.
since the last times I played there is always sombody rushing another player within 5 minutes into the game.

this is very anoying.
There's one problem with that idea: it means you could send a truck into an enemy base and build up offensive structures, such as cannon hardpoints, while the enemy is completely unable to prevent you from doing so. It would be a nightmare and only make the problem you stated worse.
Timmie
Greenhorn

Post by Timmie »

what if we limited the production of tanks ( not trucks ) to 10 in the first X minutes.
this way you have enough tanks to defend your base against enemy trucks building bunkers near your base.
but you still cant get overpowered by an army of vtols or tanks.