Warzone 2100 Mod Manager

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Re: Warzone 2100 Mod Manager

Post by Powzone »

It didn't work. :(

I hope it's not because I have the game installed to a different location, but it's stored correctly in the .ini file and worked with 2.0, too.

I re-"installed" the manager as you described on both computers. I've put 2 mods into it and saved it to "test". It wrote an empty test.set file. Selected the test.set from the dropdown and everithing vanished from the manager. Reselected the mods and saved again. It wrote the test.set correctly, but missing the names for the mods, like I described before. This happens on both PCs. Loading them after manually editing the files works correctly! ;)
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

It makes no difference where the game is installed.
Powzone wrote:I re-"installed" the manager as you described on both computers. I've put 2 mods into it and saved it to "test". It wrote an empty test.set file. Selected the test.set from the dropdown and everithing vanished from the manager. Reselected the mods and saved again. It wrote the test.set correctly, but missing the names for the mods, like I described before. This happens on both PCs.
Crap. It works on my computer why not yours? :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :gonk: :scream:

I guess I go line to line with the source. In the mean time can you re-download, just to make sure. :(
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

No changes though... :(
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

I fixed it!! I fixed it!! xD (I hope ;) )

Good news first: It was a small bug that let it save the state when it wasn't supposed to save at all.
The bad news is it is partially user error. Apparently you forgot to check the save setting box next to each item. :(
The reason I didn't catch it was the small bug formerly mentioned.

If I'm wrong please say so.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

YAY! :D

Ticking the "save settings" box works. I supposed it isn't needed for the setting files to be saved! ;)
Maybe this should be changed...
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

It was changed yesterday but I wanted confirmation that that is what the problem was.

Version 2.5 is here!

This version fixes the save settings bug and removes all those save setting check-boxes.
The save setting controls are much simpler to figure out.
Clicking the run button no longer will save your settings.
All in all the GUI should be easier to use.

Would one of the kind devs do their thing with the first post? Done.
Attachments
Warzone 2100 Mod Manager v2.5.zip
(715.53 KiB) Downloaded 1963 times
- Demigod Game Ganual
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

Everything works fine now! :D

BUT... I noticed one thing:

When saving a set file with a clear "Choose settiing file to use" field, you are promped to enter a name when hitting the "Create new setting file" button. A file is saved, but it doesn't save anything into the file. So selecting it after that and setting everything up hitting "Save settings" works again. :)

Maybe this should be the (last) change. If you ask me it's not a bug, but more an intuitive way of usage for people not used to the program. First thing I would do (and have done before), is select the mods and then hit "Create new setting file" assuming that it's going to be saved then.

And a bug (really!!) while typing this and clicking around:

I made:

Set fila A: mod1, mod2
Set file B: mod1

Both saved.

Selected file A: mod1, mod2 selected.
Selected file B: mod1 AND mod2 from file A still there and activated!

Deactivated mod2 for file B and saved. Restarted the mod manager. Selected file B and the mod in slot 2 is active again. It seems that it was saved to the file also, because it was there, even deactivated.
So first solution (The more easy one):
- Place an empty space in the dropdown for the mod selection. (Might confuse a bit.)
And the second would be:
- Add code, so when the set files are written, the deactivated mods aren't saved with the set file.

Regards, the "only tester as it seems" ;)
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

This will be an easy fix. I forgot that the old code makes assumptions based on the state of the "Save This Setting" check box, and since these boxes no longer exist it uses the "Use Setting Files" check box.

As for the changes you suggest for "Create New Setting File", good idea! It will only take adding a call to; GuiCtrlSetData($hChooseSetting,$CurrentSetting)
SAVE_SETTINGS()
or something like that.
Powzone wrote:Regards, the "only tester as it seems" ;)
No new version is complete without a "all is well" post from you, or a "eek! a bug" post like the last few versions xD .
- Demigod Game Ganual
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

Just trying to help! I don't like buggy software... :D

...but, nobody does!! ;)

I'm just lucky, that I don't have that much bugs with WZ itself! :D

Honestly I like this program a lot, as it makes it much more esier testing mods and starting the game with other command line options for cheating or debugging. To be short:

I LIKE IT!!

And seeing the number of downloads growing, makes me posibly as happy as you! ;)
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Version 2.6 is a bug fix for 2.5.
Warzone 2100 Mod Manager v2.6.zip
(715.85 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
3.0 BETA 1

After I got that error fixed I was messing around in my editor and I discovered a form designer. One thing led to another and I ended up creating a new GUI for the mod manager, a more complex and fancy GUI than I would ever try to make by hand. Then I spent the rest of the evening adapting the code for version 2.6 to the new GUI, and the result is a beta version of what I hope will be version 3.0. THIS VERSION IS FOR TESTING PURPOSES ONLY!! I have spent very little time testing this(I finished it at 4:30 AM ;) ) so it is probably buggy.
Warzone 2100 Mod Manager v3.0.zip
(709.61 KiB) Downloaded 557 times
Powzone, You are now an official beta tester. ;)
Would one of the kind devs do their thing with the first post?
- Demigod Game Ganual
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

YAY! I'm a Beta Tester!! :D

Okay then for 2.6:

The problem with the deactivated mods is fixed so far. Works perefctly now! :D

For the 3.0 Beta 1:

I like the new design. It's quite intuitive in it's handling. Saving set files works great and loading too. No probs loading a set file containing less mods after selecting one with more. Good thing is, the format for set files didn't change. Compability! YAY! :)
The only strange behavior I found (or is it supposed to be?) is clicking at "Choose setting file" on an empty space, selecting nothing. It says "Settings Loaded", loading nothing or better said clearing all mods from the list. :)

That's all for now. Lauching the game works perfect with both versions! ;)
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

I will fix the choose setting box, and post it as part of 3.0 final on monday.

I also fixed some stange behavior when making a blank setting file.

If this is all Final will be posted on monday, I hope I don't need to post a beta for such a simple fix ;) .
- Demigod Game Ganual
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

Well, I didn't find more... :D

I would say: 3.0 is final after the little fix! :)
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

3.0 Final is here!

One thing that should be noted about this version is that selecting a set file will no longer load it. you must click the "load selected setting" button to load a set file. this was the only way to fix the weird behavior of the Gui when clicking on white space in the list-box.
milo christiansen wrote:Would one of the kind devs do their thing with the first post?
Attachments
Warzone 2100 Mod Manager v3.0.zip
(712.48 KiB) Downloaded 860 times
- Demigod Game Ganual
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

Everithing is fine now! :D