Beating the Truck Limit

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Beating the Truck Limit

Post by Serman »

As I have noted in a multiplayer game I played a few days ago on a rather large map; Concrete, I think that the truck/construction droid limit of 15 is quite annoying. 15 is just the right amount of trucks that I'd need to build up defenses in my main base; but what about capturing oil, fortifying outer areas, and defending the many oil derricks I have out there? Sacrifices must be made for such feats. To make the best out of my trucks, they all usually use heavy bodies and hover propulsion for maximum health and speed. But having just that still isn't enough in my opinion. The truck limit of 15 should be raised to something more reasonable like 30, so we can have grouped trucks effectively building defenses all over the map without having to worry about the enemy blowing up that one lone truck that's building a Rocket Bastion.

I think the limit used to be higher, and if someone can give me a reason as to why trucks are so limited, I'd understand; but at the moment, the limit is one of my biggest pet peeves in the game, and i'm sure quite a few people I play with can relate. :ninja:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Beating the Truck Limit

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Serman wrote:
I think the limit used to be higher, and if someone can give me a reason as to why trucks are so limited, I'd understand; but at the moment, the limit is one of my biggest pet peeves in the game, and i'm sure quite a few people I play with can relate. :ninja:
trucks have ALWAYS been limited to 15. with 15 trucks i can have a base built within 5 to 10 mins depending on map and its pretty solid... also note that i always use the standard non heavy wheels.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

I've always gotten annoyed at the truck/engineer limit...what purpose does it have?

Removing it shouldn't cause any harm. Sometimes I have scattered bases and I need groups in different areas, and 15 just doesn't cut it.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

It's mostly because after you get a certain number of oil derricks, it's pretty hard to actually use up all your power, so there need to be other limits on how fast you can build.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I found a way to bypass that limit.
Make 15 trucks.
Build up your base.
Recycle 10 your trucks.
Build 3 cyborg transports.
Make 10 construction cyborgs.
Load them on transport.
Make 10 more construction cyborgs.
Load them on transport(2nd).
Make 10 more construction cyborgs.
Load them on transport(3rd).
Make 10 trucks.
Load all construction cyborgs off the transports.
:)
You have 30 construction cyborgs and 15 trucks.
TonyTheSlayer
Trained
Trained

Post by TonyTheSlayer »

When I managed to do this and tell ALL 45 of my trucks to build something at once, the game crashed, that's probably why the limit is there in the first place. :3
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

TonyTheSlayer wrote:When I managed to do this and tell ALL 45 of my trucks to build something at once, the game crashed, that's probably why the limit is there in the first place. :3
I didn't know for that.
I only make more than 15 trucks that way at end of level when I have ready defenses and I only make more units (i send construction cyborgs to enemy baseses and they make fortreses that kill enemy fast).
Try building 1 structure with only 10 trucks.10 trucks are fast enough to build a structure in few secs,and if there are more than 10 trucks they just push each other and only about 5-10 trucks get close enough to actally build.Even 5 are enough.
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

It's probably just a menu limit. You can have 15 *factories total, and I would imagine the menu when you press f1 is the same as the one when you press f3, just a little different.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Dylan Hsu wrote:It's probably just a menu limit.
It isn't,it's a normal limit,like the one in campagin,you can have max of 100 units,and all of them can be trucks.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

:stare:
Not anymore...
:stare:
and it ends here.