2.2.1 now out!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: I can't get the game to play with pic!

Post by Buginator »

pleasehelp wrote:I downloaded the game but I can't seem to get it to play. It starts and I see the pics and here the background but then the pic freezes or turns black and all I can hear it the background as if the game started.
How about you follow the instructions in my .sig, so you can help us help you?

You don't give us *any* useful information about the issue, or your hardware specs, or anything of the sort. We can't read minds. :stare:
and it ends here.
pleasehelp
New user

Re: 2.2.1 now out!

Post by pleasehelp »

Hello,

I have no idea what a .sig is. Sorry. I just want to play the game. I played the demo version many years ago in highschool. I'm not computer wiz but I can get around. I have a Sony Viao (1 yr old) with Vista Windows. Processor: INtel(R) core(TM)2 CPU [email protected]. Memory (RAM): 2.00GB. 32-bit operating system. I downloaded the game and I am not able to play it. I can hear the background (i.e. lady's voice alerting, "resource found") but I can't actually see the game video....it either only shows a black screen or the picture of some towers in a desert. The game seems to be playing but I can't actually see video. I am trying to play campaign single player mode. Please let me know what other info I can provide.

I think someone else had this problem and all they did was change from mist to fog of war....didnt help me.

-Dave
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

his sig = (No PMs, post your questions/comments in the forum) :rolleyes:[(~98.8%)] If I don't respond back to your query, it is because I am gone. :stare: http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/BugReporting <--- Follow directions! :)
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

First thing to do is to turn off Aero.

After that, things to try are

turn down hardware acceleration

update/roll back video driver
b0m0x
New user

Post by b0m0x »

Per wrote:All 2.2.x releases are going to be savegame compatible for single player campaign. We will try hard to keep compatibility for skirmish games as well, but no guarantees.
Have you thought of writing a wrapper that imports/converts older savegames in a newer version (or in the other direction)?
Let's assume this is possible... it would (at least for minor changes) make patches/fixes a lot easier.

ps: 1st post here and wz2100 is really a great os game
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Have you thought of writing a wrapper that imports/converts older savegames in a newer version (or in the other direction)?
Not that simple. The problem is missing or added information between formats.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

stiv wrote:Not that simple. The problem is missing or added information between formats.
The worse problem is that the current savegame code is a total nightmare, and gets even worse each time we add a workaround like that. When I complete the new savegame format, supporting older savegames should become easier.
andeemac2006
Greenhorn

Post by andeemac2006 »

When are we going to get the New Terrain version, I downloaded one 6 months ago and nothing since ( It crashes around mission 19) its v good up till then.

2.2.1 works fine for me using the old Terrain (Dual Core, Vista 64, 4 gig's of ram, Nvidia video card)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

andeemac2006 wrote:When are we going to get the New Terrain version, I downloaded one 6 months ago and nothing since ( It crashes around mission 19) its v good up till then.

2.2.1 works fine for me using the old Terrain (Dual Core, Vista 64, 4 gig's of ram, Nvidia video card)
Current trunk has a few problems that only Gerard knows how to fix, and he's been away for a long time...
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

well some bugs i saw on this version

if i have a coop AI it builds on burning oil, enemy trucks help me build my oil derricks LOL, enemy vtols now exactly where my oil derricks are in my main base when they haven't even explored that part... WTF!!, my coop AI actually builds Hardened Sensor Towers before they actually research the radar in the first place much less the sensor tower O.o ... WTF!!, and why the hell does the AI seems to have more money than what I do, if I have 3 more oil things than it does, and it actually manages to make all the upgrades, and like 3 times more units than me???... there is got to be something wrong with the AI resource handling.

I did this testing while 1 hard Ai was in my team, and I only tried to replicate what it had (buildings and units)... without doing researchs at all (leaving that to AI), and me having more oil, and even there, i wasn't able to make as much units, money was depleted before that. No wonder i see 40 cyborgs and 30 tanks ramping on me after 10 mins. Is this a feature, to help Ai since they dont seem to know where to put walls at all?

and this is more of a question, if i see that my buddy is researching a topic, and i start researching it too, does it makes it faster, or am i just waisting money there?
dragoncrusher
Greenhorn

Post by dragoncrusher »

oh oh, your missing some point, your ally AI will actually post messages, from what i remember, but after awhile, i dont see my ally posting any messages, i miss how they "Theres no where to run Grey", "I got you now".

the only thing i see from there after a while is "Help me" "im being attack", is it a bug or the there is a option that i have to activate to make them post messages like they use to.

-Ally AI would build move their truck all over the map to make oil derek, when there is one near them.
-as he said about vtol knowing where your oil derek is.
-AI has early build on radars o.O
-Own units would get stuck beind a wall or a hill when you give them a move order, kinda annoying when i have 30+ tanks and only 10 are attacking while the rest are stuck beind a building, wall, and what not
-game crashes after playing a few skirmish games like... 5
-AI dont build artillery o.O other then motars... wtf
-Ally AI wont post messages anymore =(, now i feel lonely =(

and i guest thats it =), oh, in the campaign, after i do the skirmish, picking the color black, my units for the campaign would also be black, thats cool!!! but after awhile it would crash and i cant load the game after that =(
i want black tank and vtol like nexus =(
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

dragoncrusher, If you want to play as black, yellow, or grey in the campaign you need to start a skirmish with the colour you want (use the test player otherwise your rank might reset) pick any map, then when it loads, exit the match and go straight to the campaign, then save your game as soon as it starts, so if it crashes you can jump back in the campaign with the colour you picked.
dragoncrusher
Greenhorn

Post by dragoncrusher »

@nexus, i know that lol, it just that it keep crashing and i cant seem to complet CPG 1, i have to save every mission separately just so it wont crash, and i didnt use cheat too =(
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

2.2.1 is outdated; go play 2.2.2, everyone.

(locked)