Strange VTOL idea

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Strange VTOL idea

Post by Firechkn34 »

I sorta got this idea from the flying trucks in the war school map/mod.

what if you were able to put nexus turrets on VTOL aircraft. just think of the possibilities.....
Dies Irae: Day of Wrath
Air Up There
Greenhorn

Re: Strange VTOL idea

Post by Air Up There »

yeah but nexus turret needs some time pointing at the target to complete its task. vtols that dont move will land, and a landed vtol is vulnerable. by the way, in the original wz, VTOLs could be equipped with non combat turrets(I L O V E D my VTOL Contruction things). Wish that would come back.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Air Up There wrote:yeah but nexus turret needs some time pointing at the target to complete its task. vtols that dont move will land, and a landed vtol is vulnerable. by the way, in the original wz, VTOLs could be equipped with non combat turrets(I L O V E D my VTOL Contruction things). Wish that would come back.
You're thinking of the unofficial 1.11 and 1.12 mods. Original Warzone never had flying trucks.
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Post by Firechkn34 »

either set up for hover mode like a heli or circle around it like a vulture.
Dies Irae: Day of Wrath
BulletMagnet
Trained
Trained

Post by BulletMagnet »

i'd really love to see sensor turrets to be put on VTOL's
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Aside from sensor turrets I've wanted to see command turrets installed upon VTOLs ^_^ Would be really cool if command turret function extended to group/ attack wave formations.
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

In "Earth 2150" the aircraft don't land until you click the button land
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

BulletMagnet wrote:i'd really love to see sensor turrets to be put on VTOL's

original wz2100 version 1.11 had those - only problem being was - they had to land to work. just being a vtol uncovers great swaths - which is why i use vtols on patrol... they work better than any of the sensors. except for the map sensor that uncovers 100 percent of the map. xD
TonyTheSlayer
Trained
Trained

Post by TonyTheSlayer »

Avestron wrote:Aside from sensor turrets I've wanted to see command turrets installed upon VTOLs ^_^ Would be really cool if command turret function extended to group/ attack wave formations.
I was at one point able to put command turrets on vtols in another version, no older than 2.2. You simply create a vehicle using any propulsion other than VTOL and place a command turret on it, then go back to propulsion and use vtol, the command turret would stay on the vehicle. I was never able to assign units to it for some reason, but this was later fixed in 2.2.
Air Up There
Greenhorn

Post by Air Up There »

XANAX wrote:In "Earth 2150" the aircraft don't land until you click the button land
yes but this is ! earth 2150

most people in Wz dont really care about air defense, and many of the popular guns don´t attack flying targets. This means, if VTOLs would not land while IDLE, they would stand anywhere. This would severely slow down the endgame(That creepy "searching for that bastards last truck"). Besides, considering Auto-repair has been researched, VTOLs can only auto-repair while they are landed.
F4SHADO
New user

Post by F4SHADO »

XANAX wrote:In "Earth 2150" the aircraft don't land until you click the button land
I think that the transport used to transport cyborgs should have that function only.

EDIT: this could make way for cyborg airdrops. Now I'm all giddy!!! :D