research facility and wall new textures..

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
AnDyRyuuJin
Trained
Trained

research facility and wall new textures..

Post by AnDyRyuuJin »

so far i made the wall look beautiful
wall and mass driver fortress
wall and mass driver fortress

and redraw`d the research facility the big roof kinda stinks... :P
love the new R :)
the big roof isnt fully rotated [upper left too litle and upper right to much] and the sidewalls are a litle cruched...
had to move them so they look good in the front the back isnt allined
research facility
research facility

and the relay point...

just the factory ones thou
just the factory ones thou
Ware-ra wa Kaminari !!!
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Re: research facility and wall new textures..

Post by milo christiansen »

I think your new textures would look better with my new base plates ;) . You can find them posted under "attention artists we need your help" near the middle of the second page. or you can try to improve them I'm not realy good at this kind of thing so you can easily do better.
otherwise those textures look GREAT compared to the old ones. where are the source files? I would like to use those walls in-game.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
AnDyRyuuJin
Trained
Trained

Post by AnDyRyuuJin »

heres the walls for now :)

i`ll post more
Attachments
just the wall
just the wall
Ware-ra wa Kaminari !!!
AnDyRyuuJin
Trained
Trained

Post by AnDyRyuuJin »

the base plater look greath... but do you think you can make them 1024 just skale the image to 1024 with gimp works perfectly... and if you ever had a warning or something like that when you tried to save like [ doesnt support layer or something ] that makes your images look like this
ah the laser superweapon building the top is the same as the big satellite dish witch i modified
when you save make sure it just saves nothing else happens :P

and if anyone can make better textures for buildings would be great .... the simple ones i can do myself :D
Ware-ra wa Kaminari !!!
Andreas XXL
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Andreas XXL »

I am sorry, but I think the research facility looks like a comic, and as made of plastic.
And the "clean" at the wall is the problem. It looks so clean that it is unrealistic.

Put a little bit "dirt" to both.

(And no! I can't do it better)
What do you think about that?
AnDyRyuuJin
Trained
Trained

Post by AnDyRyuuJin »

i know that the research facility looks like a comic there i was more playing...

as for the wall i know its too clean nothing i can do :P dono how to make it dirtier :D
Ware-ra wa Kaminari !!!
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

I'm glad you like my base plates but I'm having problems uploading. The usb hard drive I use works fine on every computer but the ones at the library where I go to use the i-net :stressed: . If you want the base plates larger then feel free to enlarge them. but it wont make them look better unless you redo the textures because if you just double the size then every old pixel will be four new pixels and each of the four will be the same color as the old one. Thats why scaled images look so pixelated usaly.
Thanks for the wall textures I'm trying to retexture some of the buildings and it not as easy as it looks ;) .
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

if every one who wants to re-do textures would post what building they plan on doing then others would have a better idea of what still needs work so they can work on buildings no one else is working on.

I call the factory (and the vtol factory and the cyborg factory they all use the same textures).
- Demigod Game Ganual
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

AnDyRyuuJin wrote:as for the wall i know its too clean nothing i can do :P dono how to make it dirtier :D
I think it could be enough to increase the contrast a bit, and creating a overlay or multiply layer where you define/accentuate (is that a word?) some of the blocks, especially the bottom parts of them, and perhaps add some vertical lines with desaturated green or brown, and set that layer to a low opacity, like 25-50%.

That might look like crap, since I haven't tried, but just something you could try out.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I think need more bump on concrete texture.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
AnDyRyuuJin
Trained
Trained

Post by AnDyRyuuJin »

cant make multilayer and opaciti doesnt work either....tried to make the walls look like plasma :P

for now i`m leaving them like there are and stopping any modifications till i can get a pc with xp on it so i can edit pie`s and in january hopefuly i can make a 2120 complete mod :P (considering i`m doing it by myself) and in summer/falls wz2120 the game :P [in my image more original to the game]
Ware-ra wa Kaminari !!!