Vtol rearming pads

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
maynard
Trained
Trained

Vtol rearming pads

Post by maynard »

In one of the original campaign missions some of the Vtols rearming pads were placed together with no space in between them. I think that it would be great if they could be built without a space in between them. However it may make the bug of them not landing on the and rearming worse.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Vtol rearming pads

Post by lav_coyote25 »

dont use the smaller bodies... and there is no problem. xD
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Actually I too have had difficulties with VTOL rearming pads. My strategy now is to place them in checkered formation because all too often it seems like pads just disappear while neighbouring ones are constructed.

Another gripe that I've had with VTOLs is that they do not seem to return to the pads when assigned to a vtol strike tower but just land vulnerably a few spaces away. I am guessing that a VTOL tower needs rearmament pads near it to work properly?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

maynard wrote:I think that it would be great if they could be built without a space in between them.
That should work in 2.2.1.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

cybersphinx wrote:That should work in 2.2.1.
Have been using 2.2.1 - I am not 'entirely' sure if they do not exist but they seem to be burried by terrain when adjacent to each other - and seem to only be partially utilized by fighters - therefore effectively not there.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Avestron wrote:Another gripe that I've had with VTOLs is that they do not seem to return to the pads when assigned to a vtol strike tower but just land vulnerably a few spaces away. I am guessing that a VTOL tower needs rearmament pads near it to work properly?
90% of the time this bug occured when a VTOL armed with an Air-to-ground only weapon is sent on a sortie by a VTOL Strike Tower to attack an enemy vtol, I think it was fixed though.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Avestron wrote:Have been using 2.2.1 - I am not 'entirely' sure if they do not exist but they seem to be burried by terrain when adjacent to each other - and seem to only be partially utilized by fighters - therefore effectively not there.
Huh? Got screenshots of that?
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

Per wrote: Huh? Got screenshots of that?
No - I was not thinking of bug-searching at the time - but will look into SSing it next time.
Deathguise wrote: 90% of the time this bug occured when a VTOL armed with an Air-to-ground only weapon is sent on a sortie by a VTOL Strike Tower to attack an enemy vtol, I think it was fixed though.
I missed whether it was an airborne attacker. Will try to check next time - they were standard HVC Mantis VTOLs though.
maynard
Trained
Trained

Post by maynard »

The body size or type has no effect on this issue. I have also noticed the vtols going to newly constructed pads and inoring the old pads as if there not even there.I had an issue in a skirmish game last night were I capture 2 pads with nexus link turrets and then had 20 something vtols land on them and try to rearm... I had to tear them down. They seem to want to share pads when there are availble pads. I had a game called Dominion that you could only manafactor a vtol after a land pad was built. Then when the vtol was built it would go to its pad straight from the factory and then it would return directly to its desinated pad not some other pad... This system worked out much better!!! Oh and the rearming pads are much cooler. I will hunt for a screen shot somewhere..

Ok I made a screen. Now I need to send it to someone so they can post it as I haven't got a web space anymore and really see no need for one at this time.