bug on Mac G5?

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
napzero
Greenhorn

bug on Mac G5?

Post by napzero »

Wasn't sure if I should post this to bugs tracking, since I could have sworn I saw this posted somewhere, but now I cant find it.

I ran 2.2b2 on a PowerMac G5, and nearly all the icons are missing. I also tried it on my G4, on my Mac mini, and on a Windows box. Only the G5 seems to have this problem. I did system cleanings, tried a different user account, nothing. Its odd. I'm running OS 10.5.6, dual 2GHz G5, 1.5GB ram, GeForce fx5200.

BTW long time player, sporadic forum reader, first time poster :) Love the work that has been done since it went OS, esp the new terrain renderer.

-Matt
Attachments
the hex buttons are missing, and sometimes the items in the menus go dark, like a silhouette.
the hex buttons are missing, and sometimes the items in the menus go dark, like a silhouette.
Picture-3.jpg (18.99 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
only the oval buttons are gone
only the oval buttons are gone
Picture-2.jpg (19.96 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
main menu
main menu
Picture-1.jpg (6.67 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: bug on Mac G5?

Post by Buginator »

That is really odd.

Don't suppose you can try newer video drivers? If you don't have newer, perhaps revert back to the old revision.

How much memory does that video card have anyway?
and it ends here.
napzero
Greenhorn

Post by napzero »

The video card has 64MB. The drivers are standard that come with OS X. For stability's sake, i dont think its a good idea to use older driver versions unless you use a complete older copy of the OS. If I had time, I would try it on 10.4, but I believe in progress. Owing to the fact that it runs on my PPC Macs period, i should be happy. I had a problem some time ago where WZ wouldnt run at all. Now that I think about it, i remember having the same missing icon problem on the G4 under OS 10.4, but I didn't heed it much because it was mostly to slow to be fun anyway (the gfx chips in the eMacs are weak, thank goodness were finally getting new iMacs next week!).
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

then your best bet is to wait till then and see what if anything changes... :)