New features?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: New features?

Post by Mysteryem »

Zarel wrote:LOS stands for "line-of-sight" in Warzone code. Probably controls whether or not you can see behind it.
Most of them have the value 0, I think this is so that your units will shoot at the feature if another unit is on the other side, instead of having to drive round the feature to shoot the unit. I find this very useful for ground units, but a real pain for vtols. My vtols end up wasting all their ammunition on the buildings in the way.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Mysteryem wrote: Most of them have the value 0, I think this is so that your units will shoot at the feature if another unit is on the other side, instead of having to drive round the feature to shoot the unit. I find this very useful for ground units, but a real pain for vtols. My vtols end up wasting all their ammunition on the buildings in the way.
Yeah, that's what I mean by "line of sight" - for tall buildings, units can't "see behind" the feature, so it has to shoot the feature before shooting what's behind it.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

You can view a low quality video preview of the new features here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&featu ... M_tl3EkfOQ
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

High quality video is now here! :) Remember to watch in high quality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai1HMZWhv48

Edit: What do you think off this sort of scav hut?
Attachments
Scavhouse.png
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Pre collapse labs and walls. (And scav walls) :)
Attachments
precollapse+scavwalls.png
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

those labs are really only 1 tile big? ..quite small
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

elio wrote:those labs are really only 1 tile big? ..quite small
Mmm, I always thought they were a bit small, it was probably because of the original idea of having seperate labs, lots of 2x2 labs would take up a lot of space. It would be easy to change though. A few of them have been edited to either make them look better or to retexture some of them slightly because they used a part of a texpage that doesn't exist any more.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Those labs always seemed more like concept drawings to me.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Update:
The sand dunes and pillar don't look quite as good because the pcx files used by editworld need to be in 256 colours.
I'm beginning work on landscape features.
I'm beginning work on landscape features.
Resized
Resized
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

Mysteryem wrote:Update:
The sand dunes and pillar don't look quite as good because the pcx files used by editworld need to be in 256 colours.
took the attached caps from the screen shot thread in the lounge bb. first is an in game close up and the second is the 256 .pcx EW asset it was derived from. i see no degradation but rather the magic of artistry within the constraints and challenge of 256 .pcx - posing no real obstacle, in other words,
Attachments
256 PCX EW Asset in game.jpg
256 PCX EW Asset in game.jpg (94.07 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
256 PCX EW asset
256 PCX EW asset
:lecture:

"Almost all our faults are more pardonable than the methods we resort to, to hide them." - Duc de la Rochefoucauld
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Is there anyway to make clear tiles on maps? Whenever I use a tile which is completely clear it turns out black.
I was trying to do this so I could make features that are embedded into the ground.
(I lowered the ground during the game to be able to see the underground parts)
I'm making a tunnel now (yes vehicles will be able to drive through):
tunnelend.png
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

in my previous post the attachments showed the working transparency color (bright green) from the 256 .pcx pallet both
16 bit EW and v.1.10 WZ used. made for some interesting mods and maps.

now that both use .pngs i'm not sure what would work.never tried it. btw, there is another way to make tunnels - with features. ;)
you can also make mucky swamps with features.
Last edited by cumandgetit on 09 Feb 2009, 21:04, edited 1 time in total.

"Almost all our faults are more pardonable than the methods we resort to, to hide them." - Duc de la Rochefoucauld
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

cumandgetit wrote:there is another way to make tunnels - with features. ;)
Erm...this is a feature, just two back to back.

Also, when I used pure green in editworld it just made green squares, making a green square in-game had the same effect.
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

ic. erm....well same diff. you can make tunnels with tertiles and scripting too. at least 2 ways to do it. course
both ways totally frack any ski ai so it has to be human players in mp baby sitting their units.

previously that green was green in EW and transparent in-game in so far as tertiles. that's the extent of what i was saying....erm...

Moro_Nick
Trained
Trained

Post by Moro_Nick »

cumandgetit wrote:ic. erm....well same diff. you can make tunnels with tertiles and scripting too. at least 2 ways to do it. course
both ways totally frack any ski ai so it has to be human players in mp baby sitting their units.

previously that green was green in EW and transparent in-game in so far as tertiles. that's the extent of what i was saying....erm...
I hear ya cumandgetit. I understand what you are saying. Here are examples of the same exact principles but simply using different textures-models to different ends but readily adapted to tunnels if ya wanna deal with the downsides that come along with it. And btw, you can see where this cat is
coming from, Ordinarily I wouldn't post attachments of other WZ art in someone's thread but in this case it's highly instructive in more ways
than one.... O_o

Catchya on the flip side, Moro :rolleyes:
Attachments
Cliff Feature.jpg
Tunnel 1.jpg
Tunnel 2.jpg
_ Cliques are group masturbation.

_ Art is in the eye of the beholder, even the color blind.

_ The jaded are merely feckless.

_ Audacity rewards. Contrary to scripture, the meek shall only inherit indelible memories of failed nerve.