New Terrain

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: New Terrain

Post by Buginator »

Zi-Chan wrote: Something about the Textures of the Water: I agree with blue Water because of our Atmosphere. But keep in mind, that Water doesn't shine blue, if not enough Sun comes from the Sky. Because of Fog, because of Pollution in the Atmosphere, because of Thunderclouds and so on. The Water should reflect the current Image of the Skybox, which changes with the Tileset. Recommended is a new moving Texture over the Battlefield, instead of only a sidewise one.
:stare:
wz2100_shot_001.jpg
hehe
;)
and it ends here.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Buginator wrote:hehe
;)
Don't bug me, Buginator :P
:ninja:
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

This looks great, I'm really surprised... I hope this gets in the trunk soon! :D
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

yes, after 2.2 is branched (copied over to a 'seperate' directory in order to kill out all bugs without losing the ability to add new features to trunk)
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

Awesome!
My friend sometimes annoing me saying that Warzone's graphics (and gfx engine) is so old and looks bad. I think when this work will be included in the trunk he'll change his opinion.
Thank you, gerard_ !
craigengbrecht
Trained
Trained

Post by craigengbrecht »

Hey, I was just playing with the *Extreme Alpha* build and I was wondering if you guys wanted testers?
hehehe, also it doesn't like playing at 1650x1080 with 4x AA and 16x AntiSub... But it runs about 25-30 FPS no matter what. So I don't know if it was that or the other...
Its awesome, I like the new textures, and the setup, there seems to be a glitch in how it try's to download the music in the installer, but I ignored that since I already had the other normal build installed.

Either way, If you want a beta tester, I am here, I just don.t know what to do, hints or requests would be great.
I am good at posting, I just need to know what you want.
AMD FX X8 3.88Ghz
16GB KVM 1333Mhz
ASUS M5A97
ASUS EAH 6850 1GB
3x ASUS 1920x1080 VW246H
1x 5000GB Primary
1x 1TB Internal
1x 3TB Internal
kdalts
Greenhorn

Post by kdalts »

So how do you implement the new graphics? I downloaded the newtextures.patch file but it's not executable?

Also, what is 'extreme alpha? Where can I get it?

So many things I dont understand O_o
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

craigengbrecht wrote:Hey, I was just playing with the *Extreme Alpha* build and I was wondering if you guys wanted testers?
hehehe, also it doesn't like playing at 1650x1080 with 4x AA and 16x AntiSub... But it runs about 25-30 FPS no matter what. So I don't know if it was that or the other...
Its awesome, I like the new textures, and the setup, there seems to be a glitch in how it try's to download the music in the installer, but I ignored that since I already had the other normal build installed.

Either way, If you want a beta tester, I am here, I just don.t know what to do, hints or requests would be great.
I am good at posting, I just need to know what you want.
Testing is pretty straightforward - you try to make it crash, then you tell us how you made it crash.

Or you just try to make things that shouldn't happen, happen, then you tell us what you did to make them happen.
kdalts wrote:So how do you implement the new graphics? I downloaded the newtextures.patch file but it's not executable?

Also, what is 'extreme alpha? Where can I get it?

So many things I dont understand O_o
Patches are applied to source code - you'll need to compile it. The newtextures.patch is pretty unnecessary, since there's already a terrain branch ready-to-compile. You have to compile it yourself (or get someone nice to compile it for you). See http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Window ... de_(MinGW)

"Extreme alpha" just means it's very alpha, which means it's very unstable (and likely to crash).
Makary
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Makary »

Hey it look impressive, try it with Black Project's new gfx and sfx mod. When we will see this in a release?
AdemoS
New user

Post by AdemoS »

Amazing improvement from the previous textures guys, and the water development is equally impressive.

Keep up the awesome work!
jaakan
Trained
Trained

Post by jaakan »

it looks awesome, Glad to see it's in the trunk!
Attachments
wz2100_shot_010.jpg
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

O_o Ohhh! I just noticed. But how to play with those new Tiles? Neither the Campaign, nor any Standard-Map works. What to do to get it working? Or do only own Maps work? The Map "greatmap" (If its the one i think) doesn't load too.
:ninja:
jaakan
Trained
Trained

Post by jaakan »

I didn't do anything odd. I do uninstall/clean, svn update ( pull the newest trunk ), compile daily and just run the game.

Code: Select all

jaakan@MYTHTV64:~$ sudo -i 
[sudo] password for jaakan: 
root@MYTHTV64:~# cd warzone/
root@MYTHTV64:~/warzone#  make uninstall && make clean && svn update && ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make && make install

Code: Select all

warzone2100 --sound --debug=all --debugfile=/tmp/wz2100.txt
Mythbutnu 8.10 x64, Q6600, NV8400, 2Gb ram
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Zi-Chan wrote:O_o Ohhh! I just noticed. But how to play with those new Tiles? Neither the Campaign, nor any Standard-Map works. What to do to get it working? Or do only own Maps work? The Map "greatmap" (If its the one i think) doesn't load too.
Be warned: you will need some half decent hardware in order to play with the new tiles. Integrated chipsets/old ATI/nVidia cards will just not cut it anymore.

Regards, Freddie.
Omikronman
Trained
Trained

Post by Omikronman »

The new terrain looks really impressive! It doesn´t seem to stress the graphics hardware too much: It works with Intels integrated graphics chipset GMA 950 as well. Here you can watch a preview of the new terrain: click here. Press the HD button for a high quality preview.