Multiple hardpoints for heavy body?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
commondragon
Trained
Trained

Re: Multiple hardpoints for heavy body?

Post by commondragon »

yes yes, please tell/link

EDIT: I belive I found it in the SVN repositories? How many files would there be for one? OR am I going in the wrong direction here???
Last edited by commondragon on 06 Jan 2007, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE IDEA! WE ARE UR FUEL! DONT.....FORGET US! (bad song I know ^^)
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

you just need to compile the svn source and 'make' the svn data,and you are done.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
technojunkie
Greenhorn

Post by technojunkie »

I know a lot of work has been done to this point but I wonder.

For a quick build type situation, why not just dual or triple style turrets (ala the twin heavy cannon in 1.11 or 1.12)
Heavy bodies get dual, super heavy gets triple.

Of course the original idea looks great too. I would love to try Command turrets with spread spectrum turrets.(assign direct fire to command link, assign mobile indirect to sensor.(that way indirect weapons don't count against the command limit.)
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

technojunkie wrote: I know a lot of work has been done to this point but I wonder.

For a quick build type situation, why not just dual or triple style turrets (ala the twin heavy cannon in 1.11 or 1.12)
Heavy bodies get dual, super heavy gets triple.

Of course the original idea looks great too. I would love to try Command turrets with spread spectrum turrets.(assign direct fire to command link, assign mobile indirect to sensor.(that way indirect weapons don't count against the command limit.)
I never played 1.1x before,but I think the dual/triple style turrets are still 1 turret with tri-barrel pie and shoot 3 projectiles instead one via weapons.txt's numRounds change.The multi-turret will enable modding potential,like engaging different types of enemies simultaneously,which is unique in wz,in other RTS games,a unit has to switch between 'weapon banks' to engage different types of targets,for example:In a rts without 'real' multi-turret and multi-targeting implementation,you build a tank with 1 anti-personal weapon(AP) and 1 anti-tank weapon(AT):

1.When the tank sees an enemy infantry,it will have to 'turn off' AT weapon and use AP.
2.When the tank sees an enemy tank,it will have to 'turn off' AP weapon and use AT weapon.
3.When the tank sees an enemy infantry and an enemy tank,the tank has to use either AT or AP weapon and ignore either one of the enemies,since multiple turret/targeting is not available,which reduces the efficiency of your tank by 50% or makes them look silly even if the tank can have both weapon to attack either enemy(because mg bullets deals minimal/no damage vs armor and cannon HE sabot vs infantry is a waste of ammo)

Unforunately,combo utility and weapon or utility and utility is not possible,cos it will mess up the ai actions and orders,I have been messing around with the action,order,move source files for a while,but I still dont have a clear view of the relations between action/order/movement in wz.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
sq2
Greenhorn

Post by sq2 »

technojunkie wrote: Of course the original idea looks great too. I would love to try Command turrets with spread spectrum turrets.(assign direct fire to command link, assign mobile indirect to sensor.(that way indirect weapons don't count against the command limit.)
from the latest version i tried (2.05rc1) i'm pretty sure artillery don't
count towards the command limit of the commander, and it acts like
a sensor with the IF weapons (including * marking instead of number
of the commander), but i don't know about newer versions or the
multiple turrets thing. remembering too minipod arty is a grey area.

(edit: just realised that this post, may be incorrect.
leaving it just in case its still true, sorry all)
Last edited by sq2 on 11 Jan 2007, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
technojunkie
Greenhorn

Post by technojunkie »

I'll check on that sq2 if that's the case awesome, I do remember that as of 1.10 IF units did count against command limit. So i would have 2 units in a group a commander and a wide spec sensor. IF was assigned to sensor and a factory spit DF out to the commander. It would be useful in either case if I could have a factory deliver IF units to a commander without it counting, or deliver to a sensor unit.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

technojunkie wrote: I'll check on that sq2 if that's the case awesome, I do remember that as of 1.10 IF units did count against command limit. So i would have 2 units in a group a commander and a wide spec sensor. IF was assigned to sensor and a factory spit DF out to the commander. It would be useful in either case if I could have a factory deliver IF units to a commander without it counting, or deliver to a sensor unit.

I am playing a round of 1.10 as we speak (well, just finished anyway)

My hellstorms aren't counting towards my command unit limit.
technojunkie
Greenhorn

Post by technojunkie »

OK I stand corrected, maybe it was pre 1.10, or I could have just been plain wrong. Thanks for the info.