2.1.x AI's?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

2.1.x AI's?

Post by DarkCheetah »

hello , i realy play local games with my dad or brothers alot , but! not evryone is able to play 1.10 with me using those nice ai's like GK or Turtle ai or whatever , so ... on windows Vista , a warzone starter is not the thing , and my bro his CD station is broke (lol) so i wonder if there are some nice attacking And/Or Defensing computers , i realy whanna have a good co-op battle, please let me know if there any ai's for 2.1 releases yet , thank you for ur time!
Nyme
Rookie
Rookie

Re: 2.1.x AI's?

Post by Nyme »

An AI mod called "AIvolution" comes with the 2.1 installation (if you chose to install mods during the installation). You can run the mod by starting Warzone with a command line flag --mod aivolution.wz. Search the forum for more information about it. It's not a defensive or offensive AI, but a definitely better one than the stock AI.
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

On Windows you have a shortcut in the start menu, in warzone folder where you can find the normal shortcut, he his named "Warzone 2100 - Aivolution".

On Linux, you have to add a flag while starting the game, open a shell and enter :

Code: Select all

warzone2100 --mod aivolution.wz
French helper / Assistant Français (envoyez moi des messages privés si vous cherchez des réponses en français (dans la limite de mes capacités)).

Xfire : zoloom

"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free"
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

i know ^^ u can also use multiplay/global/autoload ;) another thing... i know aivolution , but on particular maps , they dont do anything... soooo..... some ais are super on those maps like turtle or GK , aivolution is kinda... weak XD , they only have limit of tanks, wich are fast destroyed, and they dont build anything realy new.... or is it updated alrdy? a real ai should be defensing his base more with towers/walls, building as much structures as they can , look at turtle ^^ massive fortress they build , and GK , attack with truck , wich builds outposts near ur base, that makes it fun!
Nyme
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Nyme »

It is supposed to be AIvolution, i.e. an AI that evoluates (or how do you write that verb). It says in a thread that the AI becomes better when it gains more information from the map, so you should actually play more than once on the map, and after the AI has learned it, it will be better. I can't confirm this, because I have been busy and not able to play a lot of games.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

so aivolution ai stacks data in the wzai file? is that the reason u almost can't use it in multiplayer games? cus then u got 2 difrent datas =/