Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

Warzone 2.2.x series. (Unsupported--read only !)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

Post by Buginator »

We need testers to play the Campaigns.

The videos (FMVs) are now available here: http://download.gna.org/warzone/videos/ ... es_ogg.zip
You unzip those into data/base directory.
To use those, you *must* use a nightly build of revision of at least 6119 or higher.
Those are available here: http://warzone.mortis.eu/nightly-builds/ or http://download.gna.org/warzone/snapshots/

*ALWAYS* use a debug build, like so: warzone2100_TRUNK-r6119-debug.exe (anything higher than 6119 is ok)

For 2.1 beta 5+ testing, FMVs do *NOT* work! That isn't a bug.

However, whichever version you pick, the same rules apply.

Don't use cheats (except for time compression, since 1x is a bit slow, but don't use anything higher than 3x)

Just play the game as you normally would.

I would suggest to save game at start of each mission, (or end of each mission). Name them something that makes sense, like level_name_save1 (or whatever).
If/when you fill up all savegame slots, then I would suggest you archive the whole savegame folder, and once that is done, just remove everything in the savegame folder.

If you crash, then copy the stdout.txt & stderr.txt (which is in the same location as warzone2100.exe) and attach them to your bug report(s). Also the crash dump file.
If you can repeat it, then also attach a savegame file (which needs savegamename.* (.gam, .es) and everything in the savagamgename directory)

Also, please list what system you are using (OS, gfx card...), post screen shots (F10 key!) of issues, and be as descriptive as possible when listing bugs.

And finally, list the version of the game you are playing. (2.1 beta 5, or r6119 (or whatever))

Thanks!

Note, if you have a bug, & it happens every time, then please list the steps to reproduce it. If we can't reproduce it, we can't fix it.
ouch
Trained
Trained

Re: Testers Needed for Campaigns. w/wo FMVS!

Post by ouch »

well hate to be the first bringer of bad news but I got a reproduceable crash for ya. (well I tried it twice anyway...)

when clicking on things you have researched (with the blue button on the bottom of the main button cluster in game) if you don't wait till it stops playing and click another one the first one still plays in the background... (or at least the audio still plays) If you do this real fast and randomly click on a bunch of research the game crashes.

running 6125-debug

stderr.txt is attatched as requested, though I doubt it will help much on this one...
Attachments
stderr.txt
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 1058 times
ric0
Greenhorn

Post by ric0 »

i think ill give this a try for you too help out

running,

vista home premium sp132-bit

amd athalon 64x2 dual core 3800+ 2.00ghz

2 gig ram

nvidia geforce 9600 gt 512 @ 1440x900

ok now thats out the way ill head on over to dl the items i need

norm
ric0
Greenhorn

Post by ric0 »

found this, let me know if im posting everything you need, system stats are in my post above

warning |000000005340: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/titles.txt could not be opened: File not found
error |000000074486: [widgSetButtonState] Couldn't find button or clickable widget by ID
error |000000074486: [widgSetButtonState] Assert in Warzone: widget.c:1080 (!"Couldn't find widget by ID"), last script event: '<none>'

was able to reproduce it, happens when i try and use the game options tab in the options menu

norm
ric0
Greenhorn

Post by ric0 »

i have a question, i run 2 monitors on my rig, using one for the main application that im using and the other for msn, chat and other random stuff.

before the latest builds came out i would run the game windowed and be able to swap back and forth between items and WZ would keep running in the background, this is handy when im just doing reserching or building up funds at the end of a mission, now it seems that i can do that, leaving WZ windo pauses the game, so is that intentional now, or can i do something to swap it back to the former functionality?

thanks in advance:)

norm
ric0
Greenhorn

Post by ric0 »

this happend with no warning, vista gave me a msg that my display drivers had stopped working but had been restarted sucsefully, the game had hung though.

Code: Select all

warning |000000013408: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/titles.txt could not be opened: File not found
error   |000000017781: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/data/\ again
error   |000000017781: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/share/warzone2100/\ again
warning |000000018015: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/brfcom.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000000018015: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/cam1ascv.txt could not be opened: File not found
error   |000001436229: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/data/\ again
error   |000001436229: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/share/warzone2100/\ again
warning |000001436229: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/cam1b_p.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000001436229: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/cam1b.txt could not be opened: File not found
error   |000003647323: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/Shaovin.ogg, with error File not found
error   |000003647323: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/data/\ again
error   |000003647323: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/share/warzone2100/\ again
error   |000003647323: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/Shaovin.ogg, with error File not found
warning |000003648307: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/sub1_1p.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000003648307: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/sub1_1.txt could not be opened: File not found
error   |000003741821: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/data/\ again
error   |000003741821: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/share/warzone2100/\ again
error   |000003741821: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/Shaovin.ogg, with error File not found
warning |000003741821: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/inflight.txt could not be opened: File not found
error   |000003953133: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/tonaldiscrepancy-grindstone.ogg, with error File not found
error   |000003953133: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/data/\ again
error   |000003953133: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/share/warzone2100/\ again
error   |000003953133: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/tonaldiscrepancy-grindstone.ogg, with error File not found
warning |000003953133: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/brfcom.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000003953133: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/sub1_2.txt could not be opened: File not found
error   |000004014962: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/data/\ again
error   |000004014962: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/share/warzone2100/\ again
error   |000004014962: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/tonaldiscrepancy-grindstone.ogg, with error File not found
warning |000004675402: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/incomtns.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000004675402: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/sub12pt2.txt could not be opened: File not found
error   |000005212527: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/tonaldiscrepancy-bufferzone.ogg, with error File not found
error   |000005212527: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/data/\ again
error   |000005212527: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/share/warzone2100/\ again
error   |000005212527: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/tonaldiscrepancy-bufferzone.ogg, with error File not found
warning |000005212527: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/sub1_3p1.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000005212527: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/sub13bet.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000005212527: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/sub13gam.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000005212527: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/sub1_3.txt could not be opened: File not found
warning |000005417195: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/cam1/cam1.txt could not be opened: File not found
error   |000005556939: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/data/\ again
error   |000005556939: [rebuildSearchPath] Failed to remove path C:\Users\HP_Owner\Desktop\wz test/share/warzone2100/\ again
error   |000005556939: [cdAudio_OpenTrack] Failed opening file [directory: (null)] music/tonaldiscrepancy-bufferzone.ogg, with error File not found
warning |000005561902: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/npend.txt could not be opened: File not found
Last edited by Kamaze on 11 Oct 2008, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added code tags
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ouch wrote:well hate to be the first bringer of bad news but I got a reproduceable crash for ya. (well I tried it twice anyway...)

when clicking on things you have researched (with the blue button on the bottom of the main button cluster in game) if you don't wait till it stops playing and click another one the first one still plays in the background... (or at least the audio still plays) If you do this real fast and randomly click on a bunch of research the game crashes.

running 6125-debug

stderr.txt is attatched as requested, though I doubt it will help much on this one...
Hmm, I can click as fast as I want, and it don't crash, but it does have the sound issues, and that is because it queues up the audio files, since the video files don't have sound on them, and currently, the sound system we have isn't that smart.

Do you have the crash dump file it produced? If so, attach that.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ric0 wrote:found this, let me know if im posting everything you need, system stats are in my post above
warning |000000005340: [openLoadFile] optional file sequenceaudio/titles.txt could not be opened: File not found
error |000000074486: [widgSetButtonState] Couldn't find button or clickable widget by ID
error |000000074486: [widgSetButtonState] Assert in Warzone: widget.c:1080 (!"Couldn't find widget by ID"), last script event: '<none>'
was able to reproduce it, happens when i try and use the game options tab in the options menu
norm
Reproduce it *how* ?
ric0 wrote:...
before the latest builds came out i would run the game windowed and be able to swap back and forth between items and WZ would keep running in the background, this is handy when im just doing reserching or building up funds at the end of a mission, now it seems that i can do that, leaving WZ windo pauses the game, so is that intentional now, or can i do something to swap it back to the former functionality?
norm
In your config file, find the line that says: PauseOnFocusLoss=1 and change it to PauseOnFocusLoss=0.
ric0 wrote:this happend with no warning, vista gave me a msg that my display drivers had stopped working but had been restarted sucsefully, the game had hung though.
The "optional file" stuff, you can ignore.
What were you doing when vista gave that error? Seems to be a driver issue, and not warzone related.
You might want to try newer or older video drivers.
ric0
Greenhorn

Post by ric0 »

Buginator wrote:
ric0 wrote:found this, let me know if im posting everything you need, system stats are in my post above
norm
Reproduce it *how* ?

just by trying to use the same button again

norm
In your config file, find the line that says: PauseOnFocusLoss=1 and change it to PauseOnFocusLoss=0.
ric0 wrote:this happend with no warning, vista gave me a msg that my display drivers had stopped working but had been restarted sucsefully, the game had hung though.
The "optional file" stuff, you can ignore.
What were you doing when vista gave that error? Seems to be a driver issue, and not warzone related.
You might want to try newer or older video drivers.
was just playing the game through, happend twice and i havent seen anything obvious to cause it, just updated my drivers yesterday so they could be glitchy
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

Buginator wrote: Hmm, I can click as fast as I want, and it don't crash, but it does have the sound issues, and that is because it queues up the audio files, since the video files don't have sound on them, and currently, the sound system we have isn't that smart.

Do you have the crash dump file it produced? If so, attach that.

No it doesn't produce a crash dump or even an error. I just did it again. However I think it seems to be oriented towards how many movie files its trying to display and not so much repeating just a couple of the same ones.

in other words rapidly click on weapons reasearch, building research, systems research, power research, etc... instead of just rapidly alternateing weapons research and systems research for instance.
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

Buginator wrote:
norm
thats what i was lookin for in help & support :3
PlayForFun
New user

Post by PlayForFun »

I have built r6152 from SVN on Linux, however even after placing the FMVs in /usr/local/share/warzone2100/sequences the movies do not play. Is FMV not supporter under linux? or should the files be placed somewhere else?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

PlayForFun wrote:I have built r6152 from SVN on Linux, however even after placing the FMVs in /usr/local/share/warzone2100/sequences the movies do not play. Is FMV not supporter under linux? or should the files be placed somewhere else?
They should be in data/base/sequences.

And yes, they do work in linux & macs also.:)
Fisco
Greenhorn

Post by Fisco »

I really would like to help you guys out but i'm having trouble understanding the process described in the first post.
I download the latest nightly build prvided by the link, i install it on my Windows machine and then what?

When i look into my install folder i don't see any data/base directory. Do i have to make one myself?

One other think i tried is compiling my own build using the Windows Compile Guide at the Wiki. Everything goes fine, it compiles without any errors
but when i start warzone using the executable i get the following screen (see attachment).

Something is obviously going wrong here. If you look past the wz screen you see that some files are not checked like the rest of them are.

Someone please enlighten me ;).
Attachments
Warzone 2100.JPG
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Fisco wrote:I really would like to help you guys out but i'm having trouble understanding the process described in the first post.
I download the latest nightly build prvided by the link, i install it on my Windows machine and then what?

When i look into my install folder i don't see any data/base directory. Do i have to make one myself?

One other think i tried is compiling my own build using the Windows Compile Guide at the Wiki. Everything goes fine, it compiles without any errors
but when i start warzone using the executable i get the following screen (see attachment).

Something is obviously going wrong here. If you look past the wz screen you see that some files are not checked like the rest of them are.

Someone please enlighten me ;).
Well, if you are getting the game from svn, then you just unzip the FMVs into /data/base.
If you are getting the nightly builds, then you open base.wz, and move the FMVs into that. Zip add, or unzip base.wz, then in base, unzip the FMVs, and then, you can zip everything back up...

As for the other issue, looks like the fonts didn't get installed?