Wiki account?

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Wiki account?

Post by ratarf »

I can't log in to the wiki with my forum account... "Login error: You have not specified a valid user name." I looked for a solution on the wiki and forums but I didn't find anything.
shishkebab
Trained
Trained

Re: Wiki account?

Post by shishkebab »

Same here! I did not mention it, because I wasn't sure it was already on the forums somewhere. I would like to improve the wiki, but I can't log in!
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

*Bump*
It would be nice if someone had a look at this. The wiki could really use some work...
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

It's a known problem with a unknown reason. I already looked at it 3 times and didn't find the problem. (at least I was able to fix some logins somehow...)
I also know that this is an unacceptable state, but there are already some talks about replacing mediawiki.

So, this problem will -sadly- persist a little bit more, until the next major overhaul, which is ETA end 2008.
Sorry.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
qubodup
Trained
Trained

Post by qubodup »

I don't see it as a MediaWiki problem, rather as a failure of what- or whoever connected the user databases.

A (IMHO) fine solution would be to disconnect the user databases (if possible) so a user has to have one account per forum and one per wiki if he wishes to use both.