music - untitled/work in progress

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
fisk0
Trained
Trained

music - untitled/work in progress

Post by fisk0 »

20080829-4-1.mp3
music in progress ... version 0.3, made in 2008-08-29.
(2.95 MiB) Downloaded 730 times
well, this song is just a couple of hours old, this version was completed about 23:30 (local time, central europe time), just about 30 minutes ago, and is very, very far from complete. at the moment I think it might be a bit repetative and boring in the long run, but I thought I could post it here for some feedback. I will probably update with newer versions of the song later on, but if you guys have suggestions on what could be improved (and I know that's a lot), if it won't fit in Warzone at all, or anything else, please post them here.

And sorry about the compression, I tried to upload it as an ogg, but the file was too huge to be allowed as an attachment.
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
elio
Regular
Regular

Re: music - untitled/work in progress

Post by elio »

i think it fits very well in warzone, especially in T3 where everything is uber tech. or at the beginning when you build up your base. i like the sound very much :cool:, imo background music don't needs to be exiting, it shouldn't divert from gameplay

keep up the good work!
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Thank you! I'll try to have an updated version uploaded later today (though I don't think the song will be finished for a few days).
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

That is a really nice track!
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

Hmm, not my taste of inGame-Music.. It's a bit emetic to me.. Like when you flip the Camera inside Warzone and notice, the Map doesn't have a freaking Background-Picture, only a Color and Shadows.. Maybe hard to understand, but that gives a sick feeling to me and my stomach, because it looks so "endless".. :-S and this kind of long and slow Music only amplifies the Effect of Endlessness..

Don't take this personally, ok? It's just my Stomache.. lol :S
It's the same, when playing Space-Games, where you can fly to a Planet, which isn't rendered with High-Resolution Textures.. And then the Voice of your Board Computer appears, which says: "Warning! Immerging into Atmosphere." and then.. dead.. OMFG my Heart, i'm getting sick at Things like this.. Maybe somebody knows the Game, i mean: X-Beyond the Frontier - there you can't land on Planets, but you can fly to them till they fill out your whole Screen and then you notice the extremly Low-Resolution Textures.. Slow-Motion Low-Resolution makes me sick :gonk:

Anyway, good that you work on Music ;)
I would like some Progressive Rock inspired by Industrial and EBM.
Last edited by Zi-Chan on 31 Aug 2008, 23:11, edited 2 times in total.
:ninja:
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Thanks for the responses, the new version of the song is a bit delayed, since there came up a lot of things that got in the way.

Zi-Chan: yeah, I think I understand part of what you're talking about. Sadly, I'm not a professional musician, and haven't mastered the way to make really layered and deeper music yet, but I'm always trying to get better.

As for progressive rock with industrial parts - I'd love to do that, at the moment I don't have to money to get all the gear I'd need (nor a good place to get a lot of metallic junk to play on like industrial legends like Test Department and Einstürzende Neubauten did), at the moment all I have is a crappy half-broken Casio keyboard from the late 80's, a cheap Yamaha FM synthesizer, a lot of tracker software and hundreds of free/public domain VST's. I'd absolutely try that out if I came across a guitar, bass, drums, a great analogue synthesizer, a couple of band members, a lot of money and some more experience. :)
the9thdude
New user

Post by the9thdude »

I love it, can you make more?
No signature for you!
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

the9thdude wrote:I love it, can you make more?
Thank you, I'll definately try. First I'll have to finish this song though, then I hope I can make more stuff an keep some kind of consistent style or mood.
Fisco
Greenhorn

Post by Fisco »

I like it! Not to rough on the ears and floats in the same music "category" as the original WZ sound-track.
One quick note though, you have the sound that goes up and down in tone, what do you think of lowering the high tone a bit? I just think that it's a little too high for my personal taste that's all :).

Keep up the good work!

Hmmm, fisk0, Fisco, what a coincidence.
ChronoSphere
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ChronoSphere »

sounds very fitting, make more of it :p
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

Fisco wrote:I like it! Not to rough on the ears and floats in the same music "category" as the original WZ sound-track.
One quick note though, you have the sound that goes up and down in tone, what do you think of lowering the high tone a bit? I just think that it's a little too high for my personal taste that's all :).

Keep up the good work!

Hmmm, fisk0, Fisco, what a coincidence.
Thank you for your comment, I'll try to fix that. And, yeah, the name was quite a coincidence. :)
ChronoSphere wrote:sounds very fitting, make more of it :p
Thanks, I'm on it. I've had a lot of hardware trouble, but an updated version is in the works and I will try to make more songs, though the hardware I got seems to do what it can to stop me from doing that. :)
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Update: New version - music - untitled/work in progress

Post by fisk0 »

OK, here's the latest version of the song. I'm far from satisfied with it yet, it's really hard to work with since my computer is too slow to be able to handle most parts of the song in real time, so basically I can only hear small parts of it until I render it (which takes several minutes) and only then I can hear the entire thing.
I hope I'll get a job soon so I can buy a couple of new machines as well as a few more hardware synthesizers :)

Hope you'll like it better than the first version (if else I'm in trouble, since the only source backup of the old version I have is from before the previous version I uploaded :)
And just like the earlier version - this file in compressed beyond any sane limits to fit in the upload box here on the forum, I couldn't hear too many compression artifacts when I listened to it, but still - it's a V8 VBR, on average 90 kbps, 32000khz, the kind of quality you wanted to avoid even 15 years ago. :)
20080829-4-1.05.mp3
new version 0.5 (I think, I haven't really kept track of how many changes I've done since 0.2 :) - mp3 vbr v8
(3 MiB) Downloaded 460 times
Maybe some moderator could add something to my original post about "For a newer version go to post #..." or if it would be possible to link to this file from that post as well.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

Sounds good, and fits well in warzone
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

i like it :)
shishkebab
Trained
Trained

Post by shishkebab »

I like it! The kind of static in the background is great. (maybe just ma speakers...) Its just dark enough, but not TOO gloomy for warzone, just perfect. Keep up the good work!