IA problem

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

IA problem

Post by Zoloom »

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks to resurrect this fabulous game.

I played to the campaign and i noticed a little trouble with the IA of Scavengers and New Paradigm.

So i attacked one enemy base and i saw that some enemy units doesn't attack me. I shoot on them, strange things.

When i attack the new paradigm (last mission of alpha site) they're is 9 tanks realy well armed and i attacked them. They doesn't attack me to ! I destroy them in 10-12 seconds, but i didn't received any damage while fighting with them. I tried in short range, no change.

This 'bug' appear sometime, but not all the time, mostly when i'm attacking.

Maybe it's not a bug, but i didn't remember that these units doesn't attack me like that 2-3 months ago...

Sorry if i bother for nothing.

French helper / Assistant Français (envoyez moi des messages privés si vous cherchez des réponses en français (dans la limite de mes capacités)).

Xfire : zoloom

"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free"
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Re: IA problem

Post by Chojun »

Sounds to me like a bug..
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

I played this evening and i confirm : a lot of enemy units doesn't attack my units or my buildings in the range.

Version : 2.1~bêta 4 (Linux i386 Ubuntu Hardy)
French helper / Assistant Français (envoyez moi des messages privés si vous cherchez des réponses en français (dans la limite de mes capacités)).

Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Can you point at one place where this always happens, so that I can reproduce it and fix it? Thanks.
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

Of course.

Here is it, on the last mission against the new paradigm (on a island, with the first apparition of the hovercraft, just before joining the beta site with the collective).

http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/im ... ture-2.png

A bit big, but if i resize it maybe you will have some difficulties to find the place where the bug appear.

I'm using cheats here to show buggy units, but i play with no cheats of course :)

So these 8 tanks doesn't attack my units.

You have another case : i checked a zone on the north on the map, when i attacked this base, i found maybe 20-30 tanks blocked together, and with only 10 tanks i kill them all with minor damage (it's impossible that i can win with 9 tanks between 30 !).

So, good luck !

EDIT : I checked these units "diplomacy", they have normaly to attack enemies at range / defending their area / do it or die. So no problem with that.

EDIT 2 : Ok i'm sure thats a bug, see : http://sd-1.archive-host.com/membres/im ... ture-3.png (i can move safely between enemies units XD). The bug doesn't concerned defense's buildings towers.

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Can you zip up & upload the savegamename.* (.gam,.es .whatever), and the savegamename folder (with all files in it), so we can check it out? It is easier to debug when you have the savegame file.
They should be located in your ~/.warzone2100-2.1 hidden folder.

Thanks!
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

Here is it, i upload my saved games, because other files where present in another directory (the good save is Nexus).

Good luck :)
Attachments
saveDebug210808.zip
The save to debug enemy diplomacy.
(471.54 KiB) Downloaded 378 times

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Zoloom wrote:Here is it, i upload my saved games, because other files where present in another directory (the good save is Nexus).

Good luck :)
Thanks!
I will check them out as soon as I can get some free time.
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

If you need more informations about the bug, i'm here ;)

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Ok, found the issue.
It is fixed now*.

Thanks for the savegame files. Sure makes things easier. :)
:3
(*pending GNA fixing their servers )
:scream:
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

O_o I'm really impressed.

Where was the bug ?

Thanks you very much!

Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

It was the result of, we were checking the wrong options for when we should/shouldn't process the unit's orders.

Next 2.1 build (or trunk) has it fixed.
(or if you compile things yourself, you can have the fix now, or perhaps play one of the nightly builds that are available for windows people)