interface ideas

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Re: interface ideas

Post by NucNut »

Maybe have the map always vivible in a certain part of the interface with player start locations on it?

Always annoyed me that the map image disappeared so quickly when seleting a map, maybe pop-up tooltip on mouse roolover of the map name that shows you a thumbnail of the map layout?
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

NucNut wrote:Maybe have the map always vivible in a certain part of the interface with player start locations on it?

Always annoyed me that the map image disappeared so quickly when seleting a map, maybe pop-up tooltip on mouse roolover of the map name that shows you a thumbnail of the map layout?
You mean, like the pic I posted?

You just got to remember, that the GUI, at this time, doesn't do what we currently want it to do. You have to take a hammer, 3 tons of explosives, and a few atom bombs to fix it. :rolleyes:
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

NucNut wrote:Maybe have the map always vivible in a certain part of the interface with player start locations on it?

ha! it always annoyed me that it took so long for that blasted map preview to disappear and let me get on with my game -- i agree that an always visible (in the foreground, not behind a transparent config screen) is the best thing for everyone.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

kage wrote:

ha! it always annoyed me that it took so long for that blasted map preview to disappear and let me get on with my game -- i agree that an always visible (in the foreground, not behind a transparent config screen) is the best thing for everyone.
That has been 'fixed' for awhile now. Any mouse button, and it should exit out of preview mode..
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Not to mention that removing zones from the game made it load a lot faster, too.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

elio, I like the idea behind this map layout.

Have you tried yourself as a map maker?
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

lol i just drawed something ;D

no, not at all, i'm using linux and afaik there's no map maker available for it, but if someone likes to make this map go ahead
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

elio wrote:lol i just drawed something ;D

no, not at all, i'm using linux and afaik there's no map maker available for it, but if someone likes to make this map go ahead
Some people have reported some success running the map editor under Wine. It requires one to use the 32-bit PNG version and manually copy over the MFC dll.

Regards, Freddie.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

elio wrote:lol i just drawed something ;D
Yes, I figured, but I liked that layout. ;)