huge naval body

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
elio
Regular
Regular

huge naval body

Post by elio »

here's a first screenshot
Attachments
huge naval body
huge naval body
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: huge naval body

Post by Per »

Notice that this model does not have separate body and propulsion components. The idea is that huge naval droids do not have separate propulsion models (ie use a null model for propulsion). We need to take a careful look at how multiple huge weapons are handled - either place the connectors very far from each other, or add rotation limitations in the PIE file itself.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

so, what do you say..another two weapons on the bug? (english?)

imagine torpedos..

rotation limitation is a nice thing :) anyway i look for good flexibility
Attachments
screen2.jpg
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

How about a classic battleship shape, with small weapon - big gun - radar - big gun - small weapon, in that order, with the radar on the highest elevation, the big guns on the middle elevation, and the small weapons on the deck? I am not really a huge fan of those two guns on the side in the image above.
wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

Outstanding stuff, cant wait to see it textured!
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

----------------->

* I love Littoral Navy, no secret there... ;)

* Can't wait to see just HOW turret rotation, ballistics, collision and HPs are worked-out...

- Rman

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

RMman Virgil wrote:* Can't wait to see just HOW turret rotation, ballistics, collision and HPs are worked-out...
I am unsure about collision/HP, however there has been some discussion on the mailing list about the best way to handle turret rotation. It all comes down to if we are willing to break save-game compatibility or not. The relevant thread is here: https://mail.gna.org/public/warzone-dev ... 00032.html

Regards, Freddie.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

thx :)

@per: what do you mean with radar, is it possible to put sensors and weapons togheter? as in beta 4 it isn't possible
Attachments
screen3.jpg
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Yes, that is how I was imagining it. We cannot put non-weapon components and weapons on the same droid, but that doesn't mean that a ship with a radar won't look good ;) You just won't be able to put anything on the radar slot during design, and it won't behave like a sensor droid. Or we could just drop the radar idea, and make it a bridge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_(ship)) instead.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

hmmm i suppose it wouldnt look a lot better if it had a 3 naval gun turret on it... :rolleyes: ...
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I am unsure about collision/HP, however there has been some discussion on the mailing list about the best way to handle turret rotation. It all comes down to if we are willing to break save-game compatibility or not. The relevant thread is here: https://mail.gna.org/public/warzone-dev ... 00032.html

Regards, Freddie.
* Thanks Freddie.

- Rman :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
lone commander
Rookie
Rookie

Post by lone commander »

Aww.. I want to make a few bodies and such.. Elio hey buddy!! =D ... Can you tell me what programs i need to make things like this?.. I'm interested in graphics... maybe it can help me in my Architectural career that im pursuing...
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

lone commander wrote:Aww.. I want to make a few bodies and such.. Elio hey buddy!! =D ... Can you tell me what programs i need to make things like this?.. I'm interested in graphics... maybe it can help me in my Architectural career that im pursuing...
no problem, i'm using blender now and for the texturing i'm using gimp. atm it's a bit of finding a way to get a model into warzone, there's no general method (yet)

if no other complains i go further with the second model
wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

Would it be possible to put some vtol rearming pads on a ship?
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

i think 3 weapons are too much, but i have another idea: torpedos, indicated by the object on the side of the ship. (i don't know how to place them, inside the body? if you haven't researched torpedos yet how will it looks like?)
i imagine long range and homing projectiles (available after scourge).

if no one complains i'll continue working on this model with 2 fortress weapons, two normal weapon and the torpedo weapons
Attachments
screen1.jpeg.jpg