Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2100 wish list - all can contribute_part 2

Post by EvilGuru »

psychopompos wrote:will there be FLAC support alongside the ogg support?
Unlikely. It would require the addition of libflac, which would be yet another dependency. Furthermore, since almost no one can consistently ABX high-quality VBR vorbis files the advantages are minimal. (It is not *that* hard to transcode it to vobrbis.)

Regards, Freddie.
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

Will the Heli-propulsion be in the new beta?....(on PT1 of this threat, i made a big list of random ideas... and i think it was Watermelon who said it could be implented pretty easily....)
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

Well for one im not a big fan of changing the original wz too much but would rather see improvements to graphics and modern game play improvements. These are some of the things i would like to see.

1. When you place a structure or que up the build the units should get out of your way. (ex. cnc Generals)
2. Controls should be able to view from in game esc. menu like seeing shortcuts you forgot etc.
3. a auto update feature , check for updates when going on line or starting the game and from start menu this would make it more user friendly to keep everyone using the same version and more able to play each other to build up online play. (ex cnc gen +, steam and many others)
4. a mod manager with mod search and mod update using shortcut command lines inst very user friendly imo and is very primitive. possibly auto update could be part of this
and different versions could be on there wz2100 version 1.0-1.10 and later 1.11 1.12 (ex. many open source games, c&c 3,)
5. user friendly and designed to be fun WYSIWYG in game world builder shipped with wz. Could be evolved from the current one. make maps levels and movie maps. (ex age of series)
6. tech limiter choose how high the tech tree goese in game ex t1-t2 to help shorten game, all research,
7. half research times longer research times and build etc for longer or shorter games
8. i dont know if there is this or not but when you host a game map and mod should be sent to other player (ex.cnc gen +, unlike bf2 where unofficial maps never played)
9. the intellegence tab should use the litle tabs so they all can be viewed at once
10. save more than 32 units recycles maybe 64 unit cap or preferably unlimited

visual changes

1. bump mapping support could make the low poly out dated models look more detaled specially the main buildings.
2. dynamic shadows the current ones are a more simple step in the right direction. i know that this would likely be harder and more of a long term improvement.
3. latest direct x9.0c june 2008 and open gl 2.1 versions for more flexibility for future and performance improvements.
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
qwerty800
Trained
Trained

Post by qwerty800 »

Hi buds!

I was thinking of some implementations to the building system.
1.Make appers a semi transparent marker (just like in warcraft 3) so we could see the places where do we ordered constructions.
2.A kind of "Massive construction system" (We should call it "Forteress building") which would allow the player to order a complete base or a defended derrick in one click.
The one-click forteress would be created by the player the first time, then he just save it, and he can redo the same thing later using a "saved forteress(s?)" menu.

I'll post some screenshots (I'm not on my computer) and other suugestions later.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

qwerty800 wrote:<one post above>
Simply: Building templates.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
qwerty800
Trained
Trained

Post by qwerty800 »

2in1 enhancement for the save system.

Time line Save Sheme:
Here it is. To make you understand the conditions, I'll tell you my (fictive) story

Let me tell you my story:

1:I started the campaign to see what can do the 2.1 beta 74. We can here see that our how wonderful devloppers added an AUTOSAVE SYSTEM which reduce the frustration of redo the whole campaign because of a dumb reflex.
2:I saved at this point...
3:...But I lost
4:So I loaded from this save. Result: A rampage. I got owned by the CPU.
5:So I loaded for the second time. This time, I pwned the Scavangers and acheived the mission1 Alpha.

I think to a tab system to navigate trough the missions (Without forget one more for skirmish)
A kind of "Account" management would be nice using this function

For the autosave, it would activate itself at each definite amount of time (here: 20 minutes) and important events (Begeining of mission, VTOL landing...)

Is it looks nice?
Attachments
dessin.png
dessin.png (8.09 KiB) Viewed 6461 times
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

coolkid wrote: 6. tech limiter choose how high the tech tree goese in game ex t1-t2 to help shorten game, all research,
Being a T1 fan I would also like to see such a limiter, maybe some modder can make a MOD. I might also go ahead and do it provided a "modding mood" will visit me someday.
coolkid wrote: 7. half research times longer research times and build etc for longer or shorter games
I think I made a MOD for shorter research times a while ago, not sure if anyone still has it.
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

glad someone likes my ideals and reads em :) i guess now that people are interested in reading them i will put my other ideals up. Just remember i dont support overly changing the game play the compromise could be like where we could have changeable by host the game version like 1.0a 1.11 1.12 2.1 changes and addons
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

qwerty800 wrote:2in1 enhancement for the save system.

Time line Save Sheme:
Here it is. To make you understand the conditions, I'll tell you my (fictive) story

1:I started the campaign to see what can do the 2.1 beta 74. We can here see that our how wonderful devloppers added an AUTOSAVE SYSTEM which reduce the frustration of redo the whole campaign because of a dumb reflex.
5:So I loaded for the second time. This time, I pwned the Scavangers and acheived the mission1 Alpha.

I think to a tab system to navigate trough the missions (Without forget one more for skirmish)

For the autosave, it would activate itself at each definite amount of time (here: 20 minutes) and important events (Begeining of mission, VTOL landing...)

Is it looks nice?
I wouldn't touch the 'timeline save scheme' with a 10 foot pole...At least not with the current widget system...

Autosaves would be trivial to include though, we could have a autosave folder, and dump a game every X mins to that, so as not to clog up the main savegame directory.
qwerty800
Trained
Trained

Post by qwerty800 »

Buginator wrote:
qwerty800 wrote:2in1 enhancement for the save system.

Time line Save Sheme:

Is it looks nice?
I wouldn't touch the 'timeline save scheme' with a 10 foot pole...At least not with the current widget system...

Autosaves would be trivial to include though, we could have a autosave folder, and dump a game every X mins to that, so as not to clog up the main savegame directory.
A tab system (separation of the saves by mission and by team)
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

i do like auto save as a option to enable/disable possible set time but the thing your talking about i don't think really is necessary
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

another ideal to make ia more various there is a feature in cnc3 that allows you to choose your ai type I think there was balanced (normal) rusher, steamroller, guerrilla, turtle,random
now warzone 2100 already has many different ai's like super-ia, water, turtle, ai-evoultion, and many more we could let the player choose the type and also a random for a mixture of ai play styles we could add our own unique ones over time like high tech the ai techs as fast as they can etc
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

coolkid wrote:glad someone likes my ideals and reads em :) i guess now that people are interested in reading them i will put my other ideals up.
There you go:

T1 MOD
Faster Research MOD

The faster research MOD speeds up the research by 5 times, not by 2, but I thought I'd still release it. Have fun.
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

ehh i was thinking these should be added as options not a mod but cool anyways thanks
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

coolkid wrote:ehh i was thinking these should be added as options not a mod but cool anyways thanks
Well sure this is possible, but slavery is abolished and we are kind of limited on manpower and this task could easily consume at least a day considering we don't even have the necessary buttons gfx, so that's all can be done for now.