Everything you wanted to know about Warzone's FMVs.

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Re: Everything you wanted to know about Warzone's FMVs.

Post by themousemaster »

Per wrote:The plan is to announce the liberation of the FMVs and soundtracks together with news of beta3. However, beta3 is going slow, since it seems most if not all of the developers are very busy with work or studies at the moment. The time we have available for spare time projects such as this vary a great deal, so you'll just have to be patient, I am afraid. :| :zZz:

I can be patient. It's not that I'm uber-anxious for the videos, it's that when the news splash was taken down, I feared the decision had been reverted. If that's not the case, then life is good.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Per wrote:The plan is to announce the liberation of the FMVs and soundtracks together with news of beta3.
did that plan also involve having those videos working in warzone at beta3, in addition to them working out-of-the-box for the campaigns if available? if not, it'll be tricky, since newcomers will probably download the game thinking that they can use the movies right at that point.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

No, the Videos will definitely not included in Beta 3, but in a later Release. Maybe something like 2.2. (which sou
It it shouldn't take as long as 2.1 does/did. But also, the FMVs are also pointless unless the campaign works to 100%.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

well as soon as those videos are in the game, everyone will truely know how evil Dr. Reed really is..... (when I first got the game he was a scary dude...)
Mertens
Greenhorn

Post by Mertens »

oh yeh, PS1 game completed with the movies.. absolutely made me crap myself first time he spoke to me...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Kamaze wrote:No, the Videos will definitely not included in Beta 3, but in a later Release. Maybe something like 2.2. (which sou
It it shouldn't take as long as 2.1 does/did. But also, the FMVs are also pointless unless the campaign works to 100%.
For the most part, I think the campaign mode works again.

We just need testers to test again.

As for the FMVs, yes, they are going to be converted. Just got to get the little details out of the way, like bitrate to use, and all that good stuff. There is a sample FMV available, but at this moment, I forgot the url.

If anyone is good with encoding videos with ffmpeg, using theora codec, then PLEASE speak up!
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Buginator wrote:As for the FMVs, yes, they are going to be converted. Just got to get the little details out of the way, like bitrate to use, and all that good stuff. There is a sample FMV available, but at this moment, I forgot the url.

If anyone is good with encoding videos with ffmpeg, using theora codec, then PLEASE speak up!
I thought Angus already had them converted. I'm not sure about the quality, but as a start at least those should work.
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

rush2049 wrote:well as soon as those videos are in the game, everyone will truely know how evil Dr. Reed really is..... (when I first got the game he was a scary dude...)
I had strange dreams back in the days... :D
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
suicideidiot123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by suicideidiot123 »

so when do we get the good 'ol music in there?
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

suicideidiot123 i think beta 4 already has it
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

No, it's not the original. Which I prefer because... Well I've been listening to that music since I was... 8 so it's definetly a part of me xD
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

hmm i thought that they were included with the new also we should include the psx bonus song (1) i will post it if giving permission
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

doom3r wrote:No, it's not the original. Which I prefer because... Well I've been listening to that music since I was... 8 so it's definetly a part of me xD
Hmm? I could of swore it was uploaded into the svn... are these not the correct ones?
http://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/trunk/data/base/music/
coolkid wrote:hmm i thought that they were included with the new also we should include the psx bonus song (1) i will post it if giving permission
Hmm, I didn't know about a bonus song for the PSX, but seeing as Eidos said it was ok (for PC version only? or all versions?), I don't see a problem--but someone will jump in and confirm/reject what I said sooner or later about this. :)
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Hmm? I could of swore it was uploaded into the svn... are these not the correct ones?
http://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/trunk/data/base/music/
Nah, the original music isn't in the beta 4 build installer... But those are the original files I guess (3 in-game music + 1 menu music)
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

it wont let me up loaded the song it is over 3 mib (4.56)

edit: i can try to look where i found it if it still exist