(resolved) Codeblocks + TRUNK + win64 = :'(

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Oni
New user

(resolved) Codeblocks + TRUNK + win64 = :'(

Post by Oni »

Not quite sure whats doing it but when I compile from the trunk I get no text on the menu. It was said that this was related to an old version of oGLC... Does this mean that devpkg-2.1-mingw32-20080531 has the old GLC in it? If so where can I find an updated version or someone who can throw some hints on how to recompile it GLC? If not any other ideas?

UPDATE: Ive built fresh copys of expat, freetype, fontconfig and GLC in that order and removed the old ones from my include path still no dice...

stderr:

Code: Select all

Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
error   |000000000000: [iV_initializeGLC] iV_initializeGLC: Failed to select font family DejaVu Sans Mono as regular font
warning |000000000000: [iV_initializeGLC] iV_initializeGLC: Failed to select the "Book" font face of font family DejaVu Sans Mono
error   |000000000000: [iV_initializeGLC] iV_initializeGLC: Failed to select font family DejaVu Sans Mono for the bold font
warning |000000000000: [iV_initializeGLC] iV_initializeGLC: Failed to select the "Bold" font face of font family DejaVu Sans Mono
error   |000000000000: [iV_printFontList] iV_printFontList: The required font (DejaVu Sans Mono) isn't loaded
From memory I didnt have the Fontconfig error before so I may have stuffed somthing up when compiling... Any ideas?

UPDATE 2: After some more tinkering it seems that Fontconfig looks for its config file relative to the binary regardless of current working directory... Copying etc/fonts.conf into my Debug/Release folder makes everything work... I have fonts! The game loads! I might tinker with this some more to see if I can get fontconfig pointing to a more logical place but Im happy :D.