Beta-testers for campaign needed

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Beta-testers for campaign needed

Post by Terminator »

Just crashed dont even know why. CAM1_M2 (r5122)
Attachments
warzone2100.RPT.zip
(864 Bytes) Downloaded 366 times
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

Laserlight wrote:i Had the same prob, Did you minimize the game or go into standbye/hibernation?
No. Nothing. I've replayed the 3rd campaign over and over (thrice, to be more specific. Then I got fed up :D ) and it didn't happened again.
Karthex
Greenhorn

Post by Karthex »

I'll help with beta testing on windows 98SE if it is supported. I'll have plenty of time to test the campaign in a week or so, just tell me what I need to do.
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

Download the most recent version from the trunk and play the whole campaign, twice. Once playing by the rules, and once doing things that aren't normally done.
Karthex
Greenhorn

Post by Karthex »

Started testing nightly build 5339 debug, no errors but there are some graphics issues. All videos are missing, just black with text and no sound(sound works everywhere else), the loading screen for the first area flashes vigorously, and the map is white. I don't have these problems in 1.10 in any mode.

System:
Win98SE
866Mhz PIII
256Mb SDRAM
10gb HDD
32Mb TNT2 W/41.09 drivers
TUSL2-C Mobo
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

As for the videos, none of them are currently on the trunk, but they can be added manually.
For the graphics bug, send a screenshot. As for the loading screen flashing, I had the same problem, but when I started using the beta it stopped. Talk to the devs. They may help. I'm just a translator :D
Karthex
Greenhorn

Post by Karthex »

Here is a screenshot and stderr.txt
Also I copied the sequence and sequence audio folders from my 1.10 install
I'll continue testing when I get a map ;)

Code: Select all

warning |000000000000: [iV_initializeGLC] iV_initializeGLC: Failed to select the "Bold" font face of font family DejaVu Sans Mono
warning |000000004016: [seq_Play] Sequence display is currently disabled (sequences/cam1/c001.rpl)
warning |000000004016: [seq_StartFullScreenVideo] seq_StartFullScreenVideo: unable to initialise sequence sequences/cam1/c001.rpl
Attachments
Warzone map.png
Tucalipe
Trained
Trained

Post by Tucalipe »

I don't think they have actually actvated rpl playing yet on this beta, so you won't get any videos. Yet. I heard that they are working on a way to play them now.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Tucalipe wrote:I don't think they have actually actvated rpl playing yet on this beta, so you won't get any videos. Yet. I heard that they are working on a way to play them now.
Yes and no. It will not be RPL playback -- instead we will convert them to OGG Theora first (currently in progress).

Regards, Freddie.
Karthex
Greenhorn

Post by Karthex »

Ok so I guess I'll just have to wait on the videos, I just hope this new format is as efficient with resources as the old one, don't want choppy cutscenes. I submitted a bug report on the map problem and someone has been assigned to it so we'll just have to see where that goes. I don't have access to that pc for a week or so but after that I have lots more time and another win98 pc with similar stats (850mhz, TNT2)
michealPW
Greenhorn

Post by michealPW »

Hi everybody!

First of all, thanks a lot for supporting such a great game!

Second of all, I'd love to help out with the campaign testing. I had previously got to mission 7 using r3595, but after some issues (Primarily due to my own actions..) I've had to start over. I'm just beginning m2 again after compiling beta 2 r0.

I really like the concept of continuing from where you left off previously, very logical... This is such a unique RTS, I love it:)

Also, with mission 7 I had a lot of difficulties. You see, in mission 6 I had a timer and huge distance to travel.
I found my options were to produce lighter (quicker) tanks while sacrificing their defenses or move my factories closer. I chose to move my factories closer, also, I had to go into a little conservative mode and destroy any "un-needed" buildings (Read: Everything but 2 factories deep in the enemy's base, 4 power plants [why can't I build more?] my command center and a research facility at starting positions) to support my human wave strategy. I prevailed, finally, with a small group of heavily damaged Cobra Tracked Medium tanks (With all the cannon upgrades that I could get.) scattered in and around the platue. I also have about 3 Cobra Tracked Meium tanks at the far south of the map, 'cause m6 wouldn't end until I hunted a small group of scavengers down, took forever...

This isn't the greatest way to start mission 7, I suppose... My small group of tanks gets shredded by the first drop, which lands right beside them on either side of the 'platue' and I cannot hold their push towards my two factories (across the 'bridge' on the high-ground where an enemy factory was seems to be my best spot.) because my tanks to the south take hours to arrive.

I suppose beta2 gives me the ability to redo it smarter. We'll see, sorry for my rambling:)
Softwares
Linux 2.6.24-19-generic(SMP)
Ubuntu 8.04
fglrx 8.6
SDL 1.2.11
Warzone 2.1b2

Hardwares
[email protected]
ATI Radeon x1600
VIA VT8237(Audio)
VIA VT6102(Network)
Maxtor 6K040L0
Teken187
Greenhorn

Post by Teken187 »

m7 is not that bad if you build a base inside the last enemy base from m6 then it reduces the number of troops that land. m6 all you need is a bunch of repair stations along the way to the last enemy base it makes things easier and put a sensor tower in the canyon that connects both sides of the plateau. That way there are no loose ends and you finish the mission sooner.
Zoloom
Trained
Trained

Post by Zoloom »

I'm on Ubuntu 32 bits and i'm currently to the first mission against the collective.

I found one bug here : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2064

Can i become a beta-tester for helping you yo find some bugs ?

Thanks ^^
French helper / Assistant Français (envoyez moi des messages privés si vous cherchez des réponses en français (dans la limite de mes capacités)).

Xfire : zoloom

"Software is like sex, it's better when it's free"
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Zoloom wrote:I'm on Ubuntu 32 bits and i'm currently to the first mission against the collective.

I found one bug here : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2064

Can i become a beta-tester for helping you yo find some bugs ?

Thanks ^^
Sure thing!

We are always looking for testers!

If possible, it would be best to play 2.1 branch, and not the current beta 4, since that is fairly old now, and lots of bugs in that have already been fixed.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:Sure thing!

We are always looking for testers!

If possible, it would be best to play 2.1 branch, and not the current beta 4, since that is fairly old now, and lots of bugs in that have already been fixed.
Is there a difference between that and trunk? Where do I find that?