YAIV - Yet Another Intro Video

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
krzzzt
New user

YAIV - Yet Another Intro Video

Post by krzzzt »

Hi everyone, i'm the new one! ^^

I want to support this project with my skills in 3D-gfx and maybe texturing and so on...i'll see what i can do.

So the first thing i heard in the IRC Channel is that you need some kind of Logo for WZ, so i decided firts to make one, and then i decided to make a small intro video /splash-screen-video instead of a logo. (maybe i'll do that too later ^^)

So my idea was a heavy iron plate which is lying on dusty, windy desert sand, with a Warzone nameplate. Below that is an dogtag on which is written the "Resurrection" part of our Warzone logo.
So in the beginning you can only the the heavy plate with warzone 2100, and then wind comes and blows the sand away and TADAAA! - the "Resurrection"-Dogtag appears out of the Sand. i Hope i'll get it done so whish me luck!

And here are my first results, fully made in Blender 2.46. Texturing and so on will follow.

krzzzt
New user

Re: YAIV - Yet Another Intro Video

Post by krzzzt »

I've tried some texturing on my scene and played around with those particle System of Blender but couldn't get any usable result of ist, so this screenshot is just for showing how it should look from the Metal and Sand effects. Think it should be a little bit more rusty and used with scratches all ofer it or so. Vegetation of the scene is also planned - some little grasses here and there, and last but not least some small stones and other dirt.

http://www.schnorchelkatze.ist-stylish. ... o_WIP2.png
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Not bad, not bad at all... can't wait to see what else you come up with.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

yeah, looks cool

hopefully you can handle blender better than me :)
i'm curious about it :)
alabandit
New user

Post by alabandit »

random question
i'm most like not as good as you with blender but are you open sourcing it?
I would be keen to help out on this
krzzzt
New user

Post by krzzzt »

Hi again!
I just textured the scene a little bit and added some Particles for the fog and the wind i want to create. Also i decided to put a few plant and little stones in there, but i don't know exactly...i'm still not satisfied with it.
Hope you like it.

C&C welcome!

Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

I suggest removing the screws, if it's just a plate lying on the ground. Maybe put it at a bit of an angle too, so it looks like it's fallen off of something or been discarded.

Food for thought; perhaps have the letters flicker and light up in light blue as the wind blows the sand off the 'tag, then dim again?

Ed: Mind you if you were going for a fullblown intro video, you could have a Project vehicle come rolling over it, then tilt the cam up to watch the vehicle drive off.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Neat. I would suggest making the metal plate not yellowish, though. It got a little overdone.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

actually leave some of the screws in ...just make em look bent as if it were ripped off in a nearby blast and where the screws are missing - make the holes a bit larger with ragged edges.... and the above suggestions should give you an exceptional vid.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

i agree with arcalane -- i don't think anything can go wrong with that. of course, coyote's notes are appealing as well -- perhaps the plate could be bent up.

or rather, to accentuate the 'warzone' aspect, i envision the user seeing (on the sand) the shadow of a classic tank roll by (in wz terminology, tracked python heavy cannon), seeing the shadow stop, it's turret rotate and aim at something (and possibly shoot) before being hit itself, and exploding (explosion occurs either fully or partially offscreen), with the sand lit up for an instant -- a second later, a smoking, bent up plate, along with some shrapnel and ash fly into center scene and get lodged in the sand. (queue arcalane's concept).
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok i would say that storyboard is pretty much a good one. much more and your looking at perhaps 2 minutes for the opening (animated screens). xD
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

lav_coyote25 wrote:ok i would say that storyboard is pretty much a good one. much more and your looking at perhaps 2 minutes for the opening (animated screens). xD
hah. i was thinking more like 12 seconds
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

What? O_o am i not allowed to be funny? xD

we need more funny. :stare:
Troglodactyl
Greenhorn

Post by Troglodactyl »

Could this be worked in to replace the end (1:54 on) of the original story intro video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfIeDspH9kg
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Lol, thread title reminds me of another piece of self-made orbiter fluff. Ran out of inspiring names, so i called my latest orbital base YASS - Yet Another Space Station :D
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox