Cyborg design

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
R3dP!pe
Greenhorn

Cyborg design

Post by R3dP!pe »

I have enabled Cyborg design, see attached pictures of the Viper machine gunner and the legged tank flamer ;D

The factories can even produce them, and they work fine ingame. The Viper machine gunner is really fast for a cyborg ;)

Now I will design killer cyborgs and own you all :P

OK, this is of course a hack, but I like the general idea. Why not do the same for Cyborgs as for tanks? Assemble them from legs, body and weapon/system. There wouldn't be many options with the current cyborg parts, but this would also allow to delete unused designs and tidy up the cyborg factory menu.

I have tried to figure out how to add "legs" to the propulsion types. Looks like there was already something planned in the code. But it's all so obfocuted I dont see where it is defined. Looks like all game data are read in rom files and stored on the heap(!!), of course all well hidden in macros. Last trace I can find are the .wrf files in the data/.svn directory. But I really don't find it :'(

Anybody got a clue?

For all of you interested in the cyborg design hack, just comment out the following lines from src/design.c, line 903:
while ((psTempl != NULL) && (i droidType != DROID_TRANSPORTER /*HACK:      &&
psTempl->droidType != DROID_CYBORG            &&
psTempl->droidType != DROID_CYBORG_SUPER      &&
            psTempl->droidType != DROID_CYBORG_CONSTRUCT  &&
            psTempl->droidType != DROID_CYBORG_REPAIR      &&
psTempl->droidType != DROID_PERSON */
)
{
apsTemplateList = psTempl;
i++;
}

/* next template */
psTempl = psTempl->psNext;
}
Attachments
cybdes3.jpg
cybdes3.jpg (2.85 KiB) Viewed 7884 times
cybdes2.jpg
cybdes2.jpg (2.11 KiB) Viewed 7886 times
cybdes1.jpg
cybdes1.jpg (2.63 KiB) Viewed 7889 times
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Re: Cyborg design

Post by Chojun »

WTFLOL :D
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
qwerty800
Trained
Trained

Post by qwerty800 »

:o
Ummm...
Is these... THINGS are produced by the cyborgs factories or the classic factory?
~~If someone asks you to sudo rm -rf anything don't do it.~~
[url=http://youtube.com/watch?v=ks-N4rI_1RU&feature=related]
This Guy for PRESID
R3dP!pe
Greenhorn

Post by R3dP!pe »

Well, the legs with the tank turrets can be produced by the cyborg factories. But by default cyborg factories don't produce viper bodies. So I did another hack and made the function validTemplateForFactory() in src/structure.c always return "true". Now any factory can produce everything. I can produce VTOLS in the cyborg factory. With this I get the VTOL cyborgs :D

Hm... Still struggling with the data/stats folder. There are so many .txt inside that look like the definition of EVERYTHING in this game, but my changes don't have any effect :-\

EDIT: Quite late now, but I have understood how it works, or almost. When I play around with the txt files in /stats I can equip the scavengers with howitzers that make Gauss canon sound.  8) But some of the txt files simply have no effect. propulsion.txt and body.txt I mean. What's the secret behind these files? Is it related to the .svn folder?

Also something seems to be wrong with the makefile. The changes in the txt files will only be compiled if I delete warzone.wz before. Normally make should be able to detect changes and remake warzone.wz if it depends on the txt files...

Any idea?
Last edited by R3dP!pe on 02 May 2008, 02:20, edited 1 time in total.
elio
Regular
Regular

Post by elio »

Also something seems to be wrong with the makefile. The changes in the txt files will only be compiled if I delete warzone.wz before. Normally make should be able to detect changes and remake warzone.wz if it depends on the txt files...
you can add the command-line parameter 'warzone2100 --datadir PATH_TO_DATA' and don't have to make the .wz-file every time

Code: Select all

Is it related to the .svn folder?
no, .svn is the version controlling system, it has no effect to the game at all. for that reason its a hidden directory
for further information: http://subversion.tigris.org/

Code: Select all

EDIT: Cool But some of the txt files simply have no effect. propulsion.txt and body.txt I mean. What's the secret behind these files?
in these files are informations about speed, armor, power of the units.

lol it looks funny^^
R3dP!pe
Greenhorn

Post by R3dP!pe »

you can add the command-line parameter 'warzone2100 --datadir PATH_TO_DATA' and don't have to make the .wz-file every time
Cool, this works. Much faster now!

I have found the problem with body.txt and propulsion.txt. They need to be added to stats.wrf, and the respective .db files need to be removed from it. Now I can start playing around with it.
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

R3dP!pe wrote:OK, this is of course a hack, but I like the general idea. Why not do the same for Cyborgs as for tanks? Assemble them from legs, body and weapon/system. There wouldn't be many options with the current cyborg parts, but this would also allow to delete unused designs and tidy up the cyborg factory menu.
Hell, you could even save on research costs and make it so that the turret research unlocks the relevant cyborg weapon, rather than having to research all of the different cyborg variants.

Though TBH, Cyborg upper bodies as turrets on vehicles would look pretty cool too, if somewhat impractical in terms of design.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Cyborg bodies on tank propulsion..

Anyone ever played Smash TV?  :D
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
HolyDragoon
Trained
Trained

Post by HolyDragoon »

This makes me thing about a new research breakthrough for Warzone...

Battlewalkers! :D
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics." - Albert Einstein
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

HolyDragoon wrote:This makes me thing about a new research breakthrough for Warzone...

I forsee AT-AT's shortly.
HolyDragoon
Trained
Trained

Post by HolyDragoon »

Or Mammoths MkII :D

Legged Propulsion + Multi Turrets + Super Heavy bodies= Some fun things to build!
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics." - Albert Einstein
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

themousemaster wrote:
HolyDragoon wrote:This makes me thing about a new research breakthrough for Warzone...

I forsee AT-AT's shortly.

there was a star wars type mod with both at-at's and small walkers as well for the original warzone 2100... cant remember who did it though... if i find it i will advise.
Tiger
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tiger »

http://www.worldforceclan.com/downloads.html

Scroll down and DL the ultimate mod pack.

'Tis in there.
XANAX
Trained
Trained

Post by XANAX »

awesome this is a break through in development we should have a Walker class

Light- two legs
Medium- two legs
Heavy- two legs

Super Heavy- Four legs