Warzone2100 remix

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Laserlight
Trained
Trained

Warzone2100 remix

Post by Laserlight »

Ok, i have remixed one the tracks from warzone, Hope ya like it  ;)
I added echo effects at appropriate times and changed phased parts of it :)
Last edited by Kamaze on 27 Apr 2008, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
I Reject your reality, and substitute my own :P
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone2100 remix

Post by Kamaze »

I removed the attachment.
Sorry, but you cannot simply remix one of the original tracks and release it. You still need the acknowledge from the copyright holder, which we (and properly you) don't have. It's the same as if you would "release" the original track itself.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Laserlight
Trained
Trained

Post by Laserlight »

Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Well, it's legally the same, as if you would remix the newest Madonna song with some echo/sound effects and put it for downloading here...
Laserlight
Trained
Trained

Post by Laserlight »

I understand you point, btw, its all not echo effects and so on, that was just some feature that gave me trouble for a bit when doing the remix, and i thought i would mention that as it was fairly difficult :P
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Laserlight wrote: I understand you point, btw, its all not echo effects and so on, that was just some feature that gave me trouble for a bit when doing the remix, and i thought i would mention that as it was fairly difficult :P
While it may be difficult, it still breaks some rules, and while it may be acceptable on some sites, Kamaze likes to keep everything on the up & up.
Less headaches for him in that rare chance someone starts screaming (c) violation.

I think it is a bit more difficult to produce the music yourself though, but who knows, if you can produce a good sounding tune, they may just include it with the other songs that are available.
and it ends here.
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

We really need to beg/borrow/steal to get EIDOS to release the video sequences and the music. I have the original music in .mp3 format and all the .rpl files (downloaded them about.... 4 years ago?) and i find it really annoying that i can't share them or even, technically, use them my self. I really love the original music, so i guess someone should do a major troll of the net, find the original music files, and create some new music inspired by the old. Keeping the feel of original WZ, while keeping the delicate legal balance.

*sigh* Well, i'm gonna hold on to both the the .mp3s and the .rpls and i'll only share them with other people at my uni - those that have never been exposed to WZ bug :cool:

Maybe someday EIDOS will release the music and videos - then i'll post the links here...

Well anyway, what music do people listen to while playing WZ? just list the names here :ninja:
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

/me melts
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

fmv.jpg
Laserlight
Trained
Trained

Post by Laserlight »

Oh man lol...
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Kamaze wrote:
fmv.jpg

hehehehe

That is a bit too big for my .sig though! :3
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

lol buginator... but wee-a-boo is legend. I like to take some empty plastic bottle and hit someone with it screaming "WEE-A-BOO!.. WEE-A-BOO!". Too funny...

About the topic, the fact of FMVs is sadly a problem. Many people would like to see Warzone FMVs even if they don't have the original game, and many others consider this game incomplete for the lack of fmvs and music in the gpl. Also, in my opinion, without FMVs players lose interest in completing the game campaign, while music isn't really a big problem (if you don't have the original, you can just put some other music as a soundtrack, I found many songs which sound good with the game's dark atmospheres and story background)

[with this post i'm not judging your work, neither encouraging the "i-want-fmvs-and-music" guys to keep asking for it. I'm just analysing the problem to find out what this lack brings to]
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

hey, what about this remix now? Haven't EIDOS released the music and FMV's as GPL too, which would mean it would be perfectly OK to use this remix in the game?
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
coolkid
Trained
Trained

Post by coolkid »

i would think so others have released tracks so yes but i may be wrong i dont know all the technical and legal crap
the largest wz steam community http://steamcommunity.com/groups/wz2100 (all welcome to join help find matches find new relese and recruit new players)