How do you get to Lancer AT rockets now?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Gurduloo
Greenhorn

How do you get to Lancer AT rockets now?

Post by Gurduloo »

I'm following the tech tree at this handy website and following the prerequisites to get to Lancer rockets.  But it's not showing up for me to research.  I'm playing skirmishes starting at T1, and I never seem to see Lancers, even after researching HE Mini-Rockets Mk2 and beyond.  Where are they now?  The AI seems to have no problem researching them, and is pounding me with them!
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Re: How do you get to Lancer AT rockets now?

Post by EvilGuru »

Gurduloo wrote: I'm following the tech tree at this handy website and following the prerequisites to get to Lancer rockets.  But it's not showing up for me to research.  I'm playing skirmishes starting at T1, and I never seem to see Lancers, even after researching HE Mini-Rockets Mk2 and beyond.  Where are they now?  The AI seems to have no problem researching them, and is pounding me with them!
The T1 tech tree as been changed somewhat for 2.1. This is for balancing purposes. Tech-trees, however, are no longer really valid, for T1 at least.

Regards, Freddie.
Ursa
Trained
Trained

Post by Ursa »

Tech trees are not valid?  :o
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

you have to keep researching the damage upgrades for mini rockets. there are like 3-4, mk1-3 chunks. which means you need to research 9-12 damage upgrades just to get it now.

So basicly you can have a Lancer or a Hyper Velocity Cannon in just about the same time frame. The catch is the HVC has a slightly longer range, and with it's faster reload time means you can do more damage than an fresh lancer out of the tech tree. you can keep researching the lancer upgrades to surpass the HVC but by then HVC has been outdated by the railgun series anyway.
Gurduloo
Greenhorn

Post by Gurduloo »

Well maybe I'll just focus on the cannons then.

Is there a text file or something that lists all the techs?  I can't find anything like that in the directory that Warzone is installed in, but it is mentioned in several other threads.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Maybe images of mini-pods uptades should be changed from Lancer turret model to Mini-pod turret model, it looks quite confusing right now.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

In previous warzone versions, I had the lancer after researching a lot of mini-rocket upgrades. So every time I play, I research all mini-rocket upgrades.
But now, the mini-rocket upgrades are all researched and still no lancer. After a very long time, there's another mini-rocket upgrade and then I can finally research the lancer - but it's useless so late in the game.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

ratarf wrote: In previous warzone versions, I had the lancer after researching a lot of mini-rocket upgrades. So every time I play, I research all mini-rocket upgrades.
But now, the mini-rocket upgrades are all researched and still no lancer. After a very long time, there's another mini-rocket upgrade and then I can finally research the lancer - but it's useless so late in the game.
What you need for lancer:

HEAP Mini-Rockets
Fast Fire Mini-Rockets Mk2
Stabilized Mini-Rockets
Mini-Rocket Artillery
Automated Factory Production Mk2 (prerequisite for Fast Fire Mini-Rockets Mk2)

The problem with lancer was it used to be too 'useful'. Once you got it all T1 weapons were absolutely useless compared to it.
Last edited by Troman on 13 Apr 2008, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.
?topic=1617.0
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

lancer was completely inefficacious vs cyborg.
As an example: 5 lancer hardpoint. 1 shot, 3 cyborg death.
they dont have the time to recharge they all die before.
A lot use only tank because they think that better.
Me i think the cyborg was better.(safe vs bunker)
The best tactit is to mixted up the great tank,the little tank, the adav and the cyborg. And whit this army, doing great stratégie.

(Je suis un français du quebec. yai!!!)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Troman wrote: What you need for lancer:

HEAP Mini-Rockets
Fast Fire Mini-Rockets Mk2
Stabilized Mini-Rockets
Mini-Rocket Artillery

The problem with lancer was it used to be too 'useful'. Once you got it all T1 weapons were absolutely useless compared to it.
Automated Factory Production Mk2 is nowhere on my "research" list until after everything important in T3 has been researched, nor is it required for any other weapon. And Automated Factory Production Mk2 is needed for Fast Fire Mini-Rockets. I think we should either get rid of that requirement or make it so Fast Fire Mini-Rockets doesn't require Automated Factory Production Mk2.

Oh, and, the AI still uses lancers very early in the game, which was really frustrating for me since I had gauss cannons and pulse lasers and still couldn't figure out how to get lancer.

Edit: Okay, so I was wrong; apparently there's a whole bunch of cannon upgrades in the Factory Production upgrade line. Eheh.
Last edited by Zarel on 14 Apr 2008, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

researching up to robotic factory mk2 nets you quite a few upgrades. most notably is the vast rate of fire upgrades for cannons.

automated factory research is one of the first things I try to go for till I get robotic factory research.

I can't imagine cannons without it. they probably fire as fast as lancers in your games lol.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Zarel wrote: The main problem is that most people are never going to get that far. Automated Factory Production Mk2 is nowhere on my "research" list until after everything important in T3 has been researched, nor is it required for any other weapon.
You must be kidding. "Automated Factory Production Mk2" is a T1 tech.

Ok, we can argue about what T1 tech to use as a pre-requisite for lancers, but getting Automated Factory Production Mk2 is a piece of cake: if you start T1 advanced bases all you need for Automated Factory Production Mk2 is Automated Factory Production Mk1 (which is available right away btw) and you get it almost for free, so I don't see what the problem is.  ???

EDIT: even though it is not a direct prerequisite for lancer I will add it to the list of prerequisites in my previous post, to prevent confusion in the future.
?topic=1617.0
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

ouch wrote: researching up to robotic factory mk2 nets you quite a few upgrades. most notably is the vast rate of fire upgrades for cannons.

automated factory research is one of the first things I try to go for till I get robotic factory research.

I can't imagine cannons without it. they probably fire as fast as lancers in your games lol.
Well, yes, but I don't really use cannons much, so I've never had the need to research the Factory Production line. There weren't any weapons in that tree, iirc.
Troman wrote: You must be kidding. "Automated Factory Production Mk2" is a T1 tech.

Ok, we can argue about what T1 tech to use as a pre-requisite for lancers, but getting Automated Factory Production Mk2 is a piece of cake: if you start T1 advanced bases all you need for Automated Factory Production Mk2 is Automated Factory Production Mk1 (which is available right away btw) and you get it almost for free, so I don't see what the problem is.  ???

EDIT: even though it is not a direct prerequisite for lancer I will add it to the list of prerequisites in my previous post, to prevent confusion in the future.
Either way, from T1 Advanced Bases it went from

HE Mini-Rockets -> HE Mini-Rockets Mk2
-> Lancer

to

Synaptic Link Data Analysis ->
HE Mini-Rockets -> HE Mini-Rockets Mk2 -> HE Mini-Rockets Mk3 ->
Mini-Rocket Artillery ->
HEAP Mini-Rockets ->
Stabilized Mini-Rockets ->
Automated Factory Production -> Automated Factory Production Mk2 ->
Fast Fire Mini-Rockets -> Fast Fire Mini-Rockets Mk2
-> Lancer

Now that I've actually played through a game knowing how to get lancer, I can definitely hold off the AI with mini-pods long enough to get lancers, and I guess it's a good thing I can no longer just rush to get lancers before I'm attacked. But I still don't like Automated Factory Production Mk2 being in there. Maybe replace the Fast Fire Mini-Rockets Mk2 requirement with Rocket Autoloader or Rocket Autoloader Mk2?
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Well it is more than justified, since Lancer has almost double the damage of mini-pods even after we have made mini-pods deal more damage. As for Rocket Autoloader as a prerequisite for Lancer, it will not work, because Rocket Autoloader is an upgrade for Lancer, it was showing up before Lancer when Lancer was moved up the tech tree, we have fixed that now.
?topic=1617.0
Deus Siddis
Trained
Trained

Post by Deus Siddis »

Troman wrote: Well it is more than justified, since Lancer has almost double the damage of mini-pods even after we have made mini-pods deal more damage. As for Rocket Autoloader as a prerequisite for Lancer, it will not work, because Rocket Autoloader is an upgrade for Lancer, it was showing up before Lancer when Lancer was moved up the tech tree, we have fixed that now.
It seems like kind of a waste buying all of those minipod upgrades just to get to the lancer, when the minipod is not very useful for very long itself.

Shouldn't there be a twin minipod weapon package at the end of the minipod line, just like you have twin versions of both "assault" weapons?

It would make alot of sense for VTOLs especially, like the twin Hydra rocket pods slung under the wings of modern VTOLs.