One player skirmish Avilution

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Tokaga
Rookie
Rookie

One player skirmish Avilution

Post by Tokaga »

Sup folks, I was playing the Avi version. I found it cool that you can talk to the AI on your team and such. I was wondering if there where commands to use for your AI team mates. only commands I know are "help" and "Attack color" is there a lsit someplace where I can find more of these commands? thanks
Troman
Trained
Trained

Re: One player skirmish Avilution

Post by Troman »

Avilution? Heh that's another one for my collection.  ;)

List of commands is here.

PS: "are you aiv?" will not work with beta 2.
?topic=1617.0
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Does Aivolution.wz make any other gameplay changes? I noticed that a lot of the larger chassis have 2 hardpoints now which is quite nice.

Also, it has this endearing habit of asking what my status is. I think I like it already. ;D
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Arcalane wrote: Does Aivolution.wz make any other gameplay changes? I noticed that a lot of the larger chassis have 2 hardpoints now which is quite nice.

Also, it has this endearing habit of asking what my status is. I think I like it already. ;D
AFAIK, it is only AI changes.

For the 2 hardpoints, don't get use to them, many issues with that, and it just isn't ready enough.
It will be disabled on the next beta, or maybe the next release, I forgot what they said.
and it ends here.
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Buginator wrote: AFAIK, it is only AI changes.

For the 2 hardpoints, don't get use to them, many issues with that, and it just isn't ready enough.
It will be disabled on the next beta, or maybe the next release, I forgot what they said.

Hm. I noticed larger VTOLs were going faster too, though that may just have been weapon dependant.

I didn't notice any major issues with multiple hardpoints either, apart from placement/ugliness.
The Commander
Trained
Trained

Post by The Commander »

Do the AI build VTOLS? Ive noticed using this mod that they wont. Even you attack them with VTOLS.
Stargate Mod
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Not as frequently as normal (if at all), I notice, although they'll still build anti-air defenses if attacked with VTOLs.

A nice change from the stock AI, though, which loves to spam them at you.

Unfortunately most of the early anti-aircraft weaponry (flak weapons specifically) seem mostly useless. To the point where 10 hardpoints/emplacements of assorted non-SAM anti-air weapons were just incapable of shooting anything down with any reliability even when faced with only one or two medium-chassis targets. SAMs increased the defense effectiveness significantly, but fast aircraft can easily avoid the flak-type AA, and Bunker Busters (at least in stock) allow the carrying unit to travel at high speed, which lead to me having to rebuild my CC repeatedly because my AA couldn't stop the stock AI's VTOL-whoring until I was able to cripple the AI's economy. Eventually once you reach the Laser AA, though, I remember it was nigh impossible to bypass even with only a couple of emplacements.

I'm considering making a VTOL/AA/SAM rebalance mod at some point.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

Aivolution does not currently use: VTOLs, cyborgs or arty. I believe Troman (the developer of AIV) is looking into the first two, although you would have to ask him.

Regards, Freddie.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Arcalane wrote: Does Aivolution.wz make any other gameplay changes? I noticed that a lot of the larger chassis have 2 hardpoints now which is quite nice.
No, no gameplay changes. Balance changes in AIV are also not necessary since we are working on balance right.
The Commander wrote: Do the AI build VTOLS? Ive noticed using this mod that they wont. Even you attack them with VTOLS.
It used to use VTOLs but i'm currently rewriting the most crucial parts of the AI and VTOLs always have low priority for me, but as EvilGuru said i'm planning to add cyborg and VTOL support.

Arcalane wrote: Unfortunately most of the early anti-aircraft weaponry (flak weapons specifically) seem mostly useless. To the point where 10 hardpoints/emplacements of assorted non-SAM anti-air weapons were just incapable of shooting anything down with any reliability even when faced with only one or two medium-chassis targets.
Yes, this is true, we are on it already and planning to fix this for the next release. ;)
?topic=1617.0
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

Troman wrote: Yes, this is true, we are on it already and planning to fix this for the next release. ;)
Excellent. It's something that's really bugged me since the release of WZ2100. I actually have an ancient double jewel-case that has both CDs and the old-style manual.

IMO, a nerf of VTOL Scourge Missiles might be in order, or at least a reduction in their damage against buildings. Fully upgraded they can punch through anything. Ironically, ground-bound Scourges seem weaker against vehicles - aren't they meant to be the top-of-the-line anti-tank missiles? ???

Bomber-types could do with a speed boost but that's just opinion and I doubt I've played nearly as much as some of the vets around here, so I look forward to seeing how stuff is rebalanced.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

VTOLs are far too weak actually... unless you let them get on top of you.

Rest assured with a bit of practise VTOL strikes are easy to deal with.

Regards, Freddie.
The Commander
Trained
Trained

Post by The Commander »

You say they dont use cyborgs? They build them in my game all the time.
Stargate Mod
Arcalane
Trained
Trained

Post by Arcalane »

The Commander wrote: You say they dont use cyborgs? They build them in my game all the time.
Only repair and constructor cyborgs though, right?

Also I've noticed Aivolution uses Commanders a lot. Is it wise to take out their Commanders first? I've been using VTOL strikes to take out the commanders of incoming attacks and the AI seems to tend to lose coherency in it's attack groups once the commanders are gone. Are they simply there for effect, or are units actually properly assigned to the commanders?
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Arcalane wrote: Are they simply there for effect, or are units actually properly assigned to the commanders?
They are properly assigned, so they get all the experience bonus, once they reach higher experience levels.
?topic=1617.0
Tokaga
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tokaga »

one other thing I noticed is that when you ask them to ally you, they all accept and the game tells you that you win, :/