Beta-testers for campaign needed

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Troman
Trained
Trained

Beta-testers for campaign needed

Post by Troman »

As we are slowly approaching the release date of 2.1 Beta 3 (hopefully the last beta) some testing is due.

It is too time consuming for the devs to test the campaign and there are probably much more experienced campaign players around, so we are asking for a little help: we need 2-4 volunteers to test the campaign. You will get the binary from us precompiled, all you need to do is to play through the campaign or one of it's 3 parts and give us bug reports.

If you volunteer to help then let us know by replying to this topic.

Please keep off-topic discussion to a minimum.

Current list of Beta Testers:

Verminus
Jodun
Devil12
Last edited by Buginator on 10 Oct 2008, 19:33, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: unSticky & locking topic
?topic=1617.0
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Re: Beta-testers for campaign needed

Post by Verminus »

I'm always up for helping, and while I'm not the best player by far, as I'm currently un-employed :(, I have lots of free time :).

My preferred OS is 64bit Ubuntu Linux.

Though I do have the option of dual-(Tri)booting M$ WinXPpro SP2, or 32bit Ubuntu, I try not to, and can always compile myself if i have to.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Verminus wrote: I'm always up for helping, and while I'm not the best player by far, as I'm currently un-employed :(, I have lots of free time :).

My preferred OS is 64bit Ubuntu Linux.

Though I do have the option of dual-(Tri)booting M$ WinXPpro SP2, or 32bit Ubuntu, I try not to, and can always compile myself if i have to.
Good! You can fetch the latest version with 'svn co svn://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/trunk warzone' and if you compile with './autogen.sh && ./configure --enable-debug=yes && make' then you will get lots of debug info in the build for error reporting.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Post by Verminus »

Well thats good to know, I already have the latest trunk (unless its been updated since yesterday), and I always compile with --enable-debug=yes,
but your svn command fails with :

Permission denied (publickey).
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly

Oh and I've allready found a bug for you Bug #11467: Assert in game.c:7831, when loading a savegame
Last edited by Verminus on 09 Apr 2008, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Verminus wrote: Permission denied (publickey).
svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
Damn, you are too quick  :P

I originally posted the wrong URL, and then silently updated it the post above, hoping nobody would notice, but no such luck... Please try again with the updated URL, although if you already have trunk, you probably have done that already.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Verminus wrote: Oh and I've allready found a bug for you Bug #11467: Assert in game.c:7831, when loading a savegame
Thanks, and ... FIXED!  8)

Or so I hope...  :D
Jodun
New user

Post by Jodun »

Ive also decided to play the game again. I have not touched it since its 1.10 tho back in my high school days. I will be playing the campaign through completely at least once and I will send you as much data as I can.
Devil12
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Devil12 »

If I volunteer, what do I have to do exactly. I could start testing Monday.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Devil12 wrote: If I volunteer, what do I have to do exactly. I could start testing Monday.
Basically, start a game from scratch, don't use ANY cheats, and report all bugs.

Simple!  :)
and it ends here.
jandd
Greenhorn

Post by jandd »

I did check whether bug https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?11422 still occurs with a current trunk debug build (also mentioned here: ?topic=1582.msg14623 ). The problem still exists and makes the campaign not playable .
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Buginator wrote: Basically, start a game from scratch, don't use ANY cheats, and report all bugs.

Simple!  :)
It would be ok to speed up the game though (Ctrl + Mouse wheel up). Can save some time.
?topic=1617.0
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Troman wrote: It would be ok to speed up the game though (Ctrl + Mouse wheel up). Can save some time.
The 5/10/20x cause issues sometimes, so the only 'safe' ones are the ones available in non-debug mode.  (Which mimics the original game's limitation on how fast you can make it.)
and it ends here.
Devil12
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Devil12 »

Where do I download the version.
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

Devil12 wrote: Where do I download the version.
The beta testing phase has not officially started yet, if you are not familiar with compiling you will get a binary and updated data files from us. I can't tell when exactly it will start but I hope very soon (doesn't stop anyone from reporting campaign bugs already though).
?topic=1617.0
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

We are mostly done with all the major bug fixes and modifications and it should be safe to test the campaign now.

Take a look at this thread, there are builds for windows users. We assume Linux users can compile the trunk on their own. And thanks to all the beta-testers who volunteered to test the campaign.
?topic=1617.0