How to use? Manual, Instructions, Tips & Tricks

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

How to use? Manual, Instructions, Tips & Tricks

Post by Cloud_Zone »

Hello,
it took me a while to get to know the game and learn it. I have found the manual here:
viewtopic.php?t=619

It helped me a lot, but now I have a question beyond this scope that is not covered in the manual. :read:

I am at the Beta Missions and I checked ahead at the end of it. In the last mission you need to evacuate your Basis because a Nuclear Strike is on its way. There are only 3 Transporter you can take and you need to decide which Units to take. Of course I want all high-ranking Units. When they come back from mission they are all muddled together.
With CTRL+Z you can select all unit of this type
With CTRL+W you can select all wheeled vehicles
and so on :...:

Here is the Question: :?:
Is there a way you can select the Units by Rank? E.g.
Select all Veteran and go on one side.
Select all Elite and go on another side and so on.

Such a feature would be very helpful for choosing which Units go on the Transport.

Thank you.
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

Re: How to use? Manual, Instructions, Tips & Tricks

Post by Cloud_Zone »

Another Question I have is about the Commanders.

"Detaching Units From Commanders
Attached units remain close to the commander. To detach a unit,
select the unit while holding the Ctrl key and give the unit a new
order."
This is in the manual. However is there way to detach or reset all Units from one Commander at once?

Thank you.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

commanders, every time play campaign I not use any commanders, sometimes i use sensor.
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

If you click the Commander and send him to recycling all attached units are instantly unattached. You just take care that the Commander is not too near at a Repair Facility or a factory so that you can stop him before getting recycled.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Counter Back wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 03:25 commanders, every time play campaign I not use any commanders, sometimes i use sensor.
In campaign it's highly recommended to use commanders. Every attached unit gets the experience bonuses of the commander.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

alfred007 wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 22:31
Counter Back wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 03:25 commanders, every time play campaign I not use any commanders, sometimes i use sensor.
In campaign it's highly recommended to use commanders. Every attached unit gets the experience bonuses of the commander.
2 years earlier I used commanders, why I not use commander again? because in gamma campaign it's very hard to use any commanders, the enemy forces attack with missile. I almost not use commader in all campaign in last previous month. now I use commander again in alpha and beta campaign :D .
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Whatever weapons you use, put it on Tiger Body, Hover propulsion. Fast and strong. And always be in motion.
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

Post by Cloud_Zone »

alfred007 wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 22:28 If you click the Commander and send him to recycling all attached units are instantly unattached. You just take care that the Commander is not too near at a Repair Facility or a factory so that you can stop him before getting recycled.
That's a very useful trick, I tried it. It works! :D
Thank you Alfred.
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

Post by Cloud_Zone »

alfred007 wrote: 26 Aug 2020, 22:31
That's interesting. And I noticed that the Commander gain experience quite quickly. Once they are Special you can recycle them to a fighting Unit and you get a Hero.