Removing Unit limits?

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Lord High Unggoy
Greenhorn

Removing Unit limits?

Post by Lord High Unggoy »

Is there a way I can remove unit limits from campaign? Or is there a mod to do so? I understand it would cause massive balance issues in campaign and I might get overwhelmed, but I still want to try it out.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Re: Removing Unit limits?

Post by Black Project »

To edit the unit limit in the campaign, look for the "rules.json" file. It's located inside the "script" folder.

Go to line "285":

Code: Select all

setDroidLimit(selectedPlayer, 100, DROID_ANY);
The default unit limit is set to "100". Choose the limit of your liking.

Have fun! :twisted:
Lord High Unggoy
Greenhorn

Post by Lord High Unggoy »

Fantastic, thank you sir. I will try this out when I get home later.
Spring Chant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Spring Chant »

Please exccuse my ignorance, where do I find the script folder ? I do not seem to be able to find it.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Spring Chant wrote: 23 May 2020, 23:13 Please exccuse my ignorance, where do I find the script folder ? I do not seem to be able to find it.
You have to access WZ2100's root folder (read: the path where you have the game installed), then open one of the core files inside the "data" folder, depending on the game's components you wish to edit.

For singleplayer campaign, you open the "base.wz" file.

For multiplayer/coop, you open the "mp.wz" file.

the ".wz" type is basically a ".zip" file with a different name, you can open it with a file archiver such as WinRAR and 7Zip.
Spring Chant
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Spring Chant »

Thank you very much Black Project, will try and have a play. I am not very computer literate and appreciate the help any of you good people provide me with. :)
Blucher
New user

Post by Blucher »

Hello Black Project, I have found the base.wz and mp.wz files, cannot find any file called rules.json.

Is it hidden ?
Blucher
New user

Post by Blucher »

For singleplayer campaign, you open the "base.wz" file.

For multiplayer/coop, you open the "mp.wz" file.

Found these files cannot find rules.json" file.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

extrack the base.wz file or mp.wz file, base.wz is the campaign, mp.wz is the multiplay or skirmish, after that go to the output folder.

campaign:
for campaign like black project said, go to script folder, you can see rules.js file in that folder.

go to line 287. the default is 100, that is you can edit to create unit limit to have more or little in campaign
after edited the rules.js, compress base folder and delete or rename the old base.wz.

skirmish:
for skirmish or multiplay go multiplay/skirmish folder you can see rules.js file in that folder.

setDroidLimit(playnum, 150, DROID_ANY);
go to line 310. the default is 150, that is you can edit to create unit limit to have more or little in skirmish or multiplay
after edited the rules.js, compress mp folder and delete or rename the old mp.wz.
Last edited by Counter Back on 16 Aug 2020, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

I not see anything files rules.json but files rules.js
this codes

and this codes

is in rules.js
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
ern_sttn
Greenhorn

Post by ern_sttn »

cool. could you delete that line and, if so will that mean on limits at all
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

ern_sttn wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 03:55 cool. could you delete that line and, if so will that mean on limits at all
did you mean the unit is not limited? O_o
if that is not limit, that is a problem, with RAM, error or something, I never try it.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

Counter Back wrote: 16 Aug 2020, 03:26 extrack the base.wz file or mp.wz file, base.wz is the campaign, mp.wz is the multiplay or skirmish, after that go to the output folder.

campaign:
for campaign like black project said, go to script folder, you can see rules.js file in that folder.

go to line 287. the default is 100, that is you can edit to create unit limit to have more or little in campaign
after edited the rules.js, compress base folder and delete or rename the old base.wz.

skirmish:
for skirmish or multiplay go multiplay/skirmish folder you can see rules.js file in that folder.

go to line 310. the default is 150, that is you can edit to create unit limit to have more or little in skirmish or multiplay
after edited the rules.js, compress mp folder and delete or rename the old mp.wz.
Oh ya, or you can edit the rules.js without extrack base.wz or mp.wz file, just open the base.wz or mp.wz file, then open the file rules.js with your text editor to edit rules.js :D .
Blucher
New user

Post by Blucher »

I have extracted the mp.wz folder

I get a list fo files and folders, none of them named rules.js there is one named ruleset.js.
I have opend that and it just shows the following.

"tag" : "mp",
"type" : "SKIRMISH",
"name" : "Original Skirmish"

I apologise that I am not very computer literate as most of you on here are. What am I doing wrong ?

Really apreciate the help you are trying to give me.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

Blucher wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 14:28 I have extracted the mp.wz folder

I get a list fo files and folders, none of them named rules.js there is one named ruleset.js.
I have opend that and it just shows the following.

"tag" : "mp",
"type" : "SKIRMISH",
"name" : "Original Skirmish"

I apologise that I am not very computer literate as most of you on here are. What am I doing wrong ?

Really apreciate the help you are trying to give me.
it is not correct rules.js file location

after extrack the file mp.wz the output is mp folder, go to mp/multiplay/skirmish folder, that is location for rules.js, not ruleset.json :lol2: .
Last edited by Counter Back on 19 Aug 2020, 05:50, edited 1 time in total.