NRS 3.4 (teaser)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

NRS 3.4 (teaser)

Post by Iluvalar »

New Research System
At start of the game, Players get access to factions in the research tab for a moderate cost. Each faction unlock a dozen of research lines. Some early tech, some late game tech and some special tech. Just enough to in theory be able to play the whole game with the same faction.

Each research line will be autonomous, and contain no branch other then it's own upgrade. Leaving each player full freedom over what they gonna focus to research in that particular game. Each game feeling unique as you focus on 3-4 unrelated branch. You could be a tanky hover cannon player, a zerging laser player with solar power or a defensive machine gun clan with strong auto-repair. Every game is unique. Everything goes !

Everything will be balanced from the ground up. New factions will be added over time like an add on. Allowing potentially more modders to join the party with their own set of weapon and tech.

Existed in NRS 2.3
*civilians, postnuke housing, nuclear plants, solar panels, parks, banks (economic building).
*3x research, new paradigm research (cheaper but long).
*fire laser weapons line.
*Balistic missile full line with condor missiles.
*wrecking balls.
*the fish and chimps body lines.
*Dual mount bodies.
*Propulsion oriented upgrade.
*scavengers weapons and body playable.
*Much more!

Yes it was all done and balanced in the past, it's possible ! And now that the accuracy is fixed in 3.4, I might give it a try again.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: NRS 3.4 (teaser)

Post by Iluvalar »

Here is what i have so far

Code: Select all

Fnrs_add([ 'faction'=> 'nexus', 'use'=> "RailGun1Mk1,RailGun1-VTOL,Cyb-Wpn-Rail1", 'in'=>'2120', 'type'=> 'weapons', 'as' => ['hvy','AT','hightech','longrange'] ]);
Fnrs_add([ 'faction'=> 'nexus', 'use'=> "MG5TWINROTARY", 'in'=>'2120', 'type'=> 'weapons', 'as' => ['hvy','AT','hightech','longrange'] ]);
Fnrs_add([ 'faction'=> 'nexus', 'use'=> "RailGun2Mk1,RailGun002-VTOL,Cyb-Hvywpn-RailGunner2", 'in'=>'2120', 'type'=> 'weapons', 'as' => ['hvy','AT','hightech','longrange'] ]);
Fnrs_add([ 'faction'=> 'nexus', 'use'=> 'Cannon6TwinAslt,Cyb-Wpn-RailHyp', 'in'=>'2120', 'type'=> 'weapons', 'as' => ['hvy','AT','hightech','longrange'] ]);
Fnrs_add([ 'faction'=> 'nexus', 'use'=> 'RailGun3Mk1,RailGun3-VTOL,Cyb-Hvywpn-RailGunner', 'in'=>'2120', 'type'=> 'weapons', 'as' => ['hvy','AT','hightech','longrange'] ]);
This bit of code grab the items mentioned from the mod 2120, place them in a research line in a "nexus" faction accessible at the start of the game. 2 upgrade lines (dmg & rof) are automatically created as well as a defense structure for each new weapons. I'm not exactly done, but the auto-eval code auto balance the weapons by changing their damage on the fly before adding them to the mod. The prototype is fully playable, however i won't release it just yet.

Now I need to make this code work for structures, bodies and propulsion. Some minor change to the weapon modifiers (i plan 4 : "anti-tank","anti-wheel","anti-personnal" and "anti-structure"). I've been making good progress.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Hello it's me again, you may see a copy of the prototype being hosted around. I'm doing quick progress now. Wow been a month already !

we have 12 lines of weapon, 6 lines of body, a propulsion upgrade line for each, there is a lot of work still to clean up the mess and add some of the NRS typical things. Always open for suggestions, that's why I keep this post open.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

Well, It is in develop. right? cool mod, I try it with iluvalar in multiplayers, thanks for instructions play this mod :).
Travbm
New user

Post by Travbm »

I like the idea of solar panels but in Earth 2150 the lunar corp faction used solar panels and batteries to store energy for night. The United Civilized states used nuclear power plants that exploded and did a high damage but could be upgraded with more reactors so it would be the equivalent of four oil power plants and 16 oil wells. The Eurasian Dynasty had small modular fusion plants that may have been half the power output of one oil power plant and two oil wells but were cheap and small. Just some thoughts. As I was going to suggest maybe coal power plants and coal mines but that would still be a draw back like oil power. Wind and solar seem the simplest but would be intermittent. Hydro power may be a good idea as dams would block navel units from going up river and be about like a large nuclear power plant. Though flood damage from a blown up damn and the water backing up would be hard to implement in game. Small fuel cell power plants use a reformer and fuel and one fuel cell would put out as much as one oil power plant with 4 oil wells using only one oil well if you consider co-generation and Small size along with being cheaper and more energy efficient maybe 4 times as efficient using high temperature fuel cells. Oh well just some odd thoughts.
Morgana
Trained
Trained

Post by Morgana »

Hello, I haven't seen for a long time.
had a lot to do in real life and stuff.
Now I'm back and already see a new mod, but something is missing, namely the extended research module, the part that can be put on research laboratory.
The research of target detection is missing :stressed: of all weapons and build the Defense mortars and howitzer also failed O_o and the vtol building is missing :augh: .
if the scavenger cannon has been researched, you also get the scavenger MG but it has no picture in the HQ.
scavenger MG whether it does damage or just standing there stupid, i no plan have never tested.
@ Travbm
there is still something missing wind turbine power plant. :lol2:
there is still something missing hydrogen power plant. :wink:
there is still something missing magnetic power plant. XD
I paint the images :geek:
for 3.1.5 -> 3.2.3 -> master :lecture: