Mission 12, completely unable to complete

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
wardad
New user

Mission 12, completely unable to complete

Post by wardad »

Hi all,

I was on the verge of what I thought was completing mission 12, however the transport arrives, grabs (nothing as all units were killed and the artefact is left on the floor!) then flies off and I fail the mission. I realize now I should have intercepted the forces in the valley right in the beginning but did not think this would simply fail the mission 100% regardless of the next 20 minutes of my slowly dismantling the enemy forces with artillery.

I would like to restart the mission however, I do not have a save of the very beginning. My only saves are after the enemy forces have reached the LZ. Am I right in thinking that I now have to start the ENTIRE game again just to put this right?

Does anyone have a save that I can download if such a thing works ?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Mission 12, completely unable to complete

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

What version are you playing on? The latest release is 3.3.0.

This is the 11th mission. The only way for the New Paradigm transporter to come in and take the artifact away is if a unit belonging to the group that "takes" the artifact reaches a small trigger zone at the back entrance of the LZ, and, if the artifact hasn't been dropped by the unit that took it at the time of the transporter landing. One thing that worries me is it should not take 20 minutes for one of those units to reach the LZ... and that sounds to me like pre-3.3.0 behavior where the game is cruel and waits for the player to cross a trigger zone close to the enemy LZ so the player can see the transporter fly off (and just wastes time for a 100% failure anyway). This no longer happens in the latest release.

Try using the "let me win" cheat to advance the level. If that doesn't work, upload your save (folder + .gam file) and we can take a look at what's going on and maybe load the next mission for you.
wardad
New user

Post by wardad »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 18 Jun 2020, 18:00 What version are you playing on? The latest release is 3.3.0.

This is the 11th mission. The only way for the New Paradigm transporter to come in and take the artifact away is if a unit belonging to the group that "takes" the artifact reaches a small trigger zone at the back entrance of the LZ, and, if the artifact hasn't been dropped by the unit that took it at the time of the transporter landing. One thing that worries me is it should not take 20 minutes for one of those units to reach the LZ... and that sounds to me like pre-3.3.0 behavior where the game is cruel and waits for the player to cross a trigger zone close to the enemy LZ so the player can see the transporter fly off (and just wastes time for a 100% failure anyway). This no longer happens in the latest release.

Try using the "let me win" cheat to advance the level. If that doesn't work, upload your save (folder + .gam file) and we can take a look at what's going on and maybe load the next mission for you.
Hi there, thanks so much for this reply!
I'll go double check what version, it may very well be old ! Yes this is exactly what happens it waits for me to just about see the drop zone and spawns in the ship where I literally can not do a thing to stop it. I did shoot myself in the foot covering up the useful saves, I will try this let me win cheat and hope for the best!
Again many thanks for response.
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

Post by Cloud_Zone »

Hi, I have a similar problem with this Mission. It is the Mission with the Computer Virus and I should stop the enemy escaping with information about the Virus. I arrive in that area and the first resistance I encounter are scavengers. Then I hear the briefing voice saying "enemy escaping" and I see a yellow New Paradigm Transporter flying away and the Mission finish with "Objective failed" even though I still have 25 minutes left.

I installed Warzone 2100 on Linux Mint 20, I got it from the software manager. It was very easy to install but that's were my knowledge ends. I wouldn't know how to upgrade on Linux, neither I don't know what Version of Warzone I have. I couldn't find any option in the game to check that.

How would I apply the "let me win" option ? What do you suggest?

Thank you.
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

Post by Cloud_Zone »

Hey, I was able to find the version. I checked in the software manager and it says version: 3.3.0-2

There is another Version in the software manager, the version is: 3.4.1
Is that a good version?
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

Yes, you should install 3.4.1, which includes numerous campaign fixes.

I'm not entirely sure whether the 3.4.1 that's listed in the Mint Software Manager is the Snap version, so I'd suggest following the instructions here:
https://snapcraft.io/install/warzone2100/mint

That'll ensure you get the Snap install of Warzone 2100, which will automatically update (and also ensures the campaign video sequences are installed).
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

Post by Cloud_Zone »

Hello, thank you for your reply.
Meanwhile I was able to upgrade to 3.4.1 through the software manager and I saved my previous game files and removed the older version. Oh man, it took me a while because the new version is in a different folder location, it is in:
/home/username/.var/app/net.wz2100.wz2100/data/warzone2100-3.4.0/savegames/campaign

However I was able to copy the game files into the location and lo and behold I can load mission 11 or to be more precise just at the boarding when I about to put my units on the transporter. Now following, two minutes into the game I get the same message, "the enemy escaping with the Artefact" and I have only around 1 minute to move to the other end of the map and a lot of scavenger and enemy unit on the way. It is impossible to get there. Were you able to complete the mission? I watched some youtube video about the mission and they don't get that message and still have enough time to reach the destination and stop the enemy.
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

Post by Cloud_Zone »

Hello, it's impossible to complete the mission. I've checked the timer now. Just after 2:20 minutes I get the report that the enemy recovered the artefact and I should go to the green dot at the top right of the map.
Another 2:30 minutes "Enemy escaping" and my mission is failed.

I checked some youtube videos and this guy is struggling as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_i6awpkfP8
He has a bit more time because he can eradict all 2 scavenger bases and the green dot doesn't appear until 4:01 but still he doesn't manage to reach this point.

Another guy has much more time and the green dot doesn't appear for him at all. He is even able to intercept the tanks that carry the artefact but he's got much more time for that. Mission start at 6:26
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyRtiv6 ... r&index=14
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

That is how the mission is designed. You have to intercept the New Paradigm units that are going to take the artifact shortly after your units land at the LZ. Here is a walkthrough of Alpha 11 with someone playing on Insane difficulty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31e-XKW ... P&index=11

The mission scripts have been completely rewritten starting in 3.3.0 so really old videos might not apply anymore.
Cloud_Zone
Greenhorn

Post by Cloud_Zone »

Oh my God... ! I did it!

I managed to catch the tanks with artefact. Basically you need to run to that location right away, regardless if everywhere around you enemies are firing. You have just a short time window. Once you intercept them you have the whole mission timer to finish the enemy.

Berserk Cybork - thank yo for that tip and the video's, it's quite intense. But it gives me a good mission guideline.
Thanks.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Hi all

To be honest Alpha 11 actually needs fixing because it exhibits incorrect behaviour that is not consistent with how that mission worked originally, see in the original game v1.10 if you destroyed the tank that was carrying the artefact the artefact would be dropped and then the other units would attempt to pick it back up and then continue on to there LZ, however for some reason the behaviour was changed which could potentially make this mission impossible to complete because the artefact would simply be beamed from one unit to the next and would only be dropped when you had destroyed the entire convoy and if one of the fast light units managed to slip past you it was an automatic mission failed because you would never catch it before it arrived at the LZ

In spite of the fact that I pointed out this incorrect behaviour as far as I'm aware it was never fixed, I don’t know if the latest version of the game restores the original behaviour or not as the latest version simply won't run for me due to no longer being compatible with XP so I suppose it's possible its been fixed but if not then the best way to deal with that mission is to simply rush down in to the cannon as soon as you land and intercept and destroy the whole convoy until the artefact is dropped, if you wait that them you are probably going to fail the mission and fail the mission repeatedly
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Bethrezen wrote: 04 Jan 2021, 04:20 To be honest Alpha 11 actually needs fixing because it exhibits incorrect behaviour that is not consistent with how that mission worked originally, see in the original game v1.10 if you destroyed the tank that was carrying the artefact the artefact would be dropped and then the other units would attempt to pick it back up and then continue on to there LZ, however for some reason the behaviour was changed which could potentially make this mission impossible to complete because the artefact would simply be beamed from one unit to the next and would only be dropped when you had destroyed the entire convoy and if one of the fast light units managed to slip past you it was an automatic mission failed because you would never catch it before it arrived at the LZ
It's all working as expected since ab17b9b0d377464acd44b790a7256b2a7010e43a.