Ulteamatum and Crixus Maps of 2020 - A lot..

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Ulteamatum and Crixus Maps of 2020 - A lot..

Post by Ulteamatum »

Hi and thanks to everyone who comes here.

Me, and Crixus, have spent some good hours on that month creating maps for Warzone. Since the engineering has drastically felt in our concern (there were not so many new maps since last three years), and, from our side, a sudden wish of trying it, we wanted to bring to the community a new blood.

First of all, our work is licensed under https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cc-by-nc-sa_icon.svg + GPL v2+, which means : (Take a look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creative_Commons_license).

To make work the maps in game is very simple. After you have downloaded what you wanted, you just need to drop your maps.wz files in the folder "maps" from your Warzone 2100 location.

If you want to access it easily, press the -WINDOWS- + -r- keys and past such directory path :

[Your Drive Disk; "C" for me]:\Users\[Your computer name; "MyPC" for example]\AppData\Roaming\Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone 2100 3.3.0\maps

When done, you can launch Warzone, which will load the new maps, ready to be played.

Now, and follwing, let's begin with ten maps, consisting of five from each of us :

Following, let's begin with ten maps, consisting of five from each of us :
Attachments
10c-Vauban_Fortress.wz
Map created for long and high density games, including smart troop manœuvres (movements) through natural open but fortified terrain, usable for a defensive style. Be sure to reach artillery hours.
(19.81 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
10c-Crop_Circles.wz
Concept of various siding and flanking, reverse and surprise potential offensives. While bases are all grouped in a same box area, it will ask a single, determined and powerful action from on side to take the final decision. Snow bowl effect if there really minimalist.
(18.81 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
10c-Butterfly_Effect.wz
It was initially two circles crossing, that evolved, when discovering lightening bases from the in-game presentation map, in the idea of a butterfly. The Butterfly Effect.. Martially applying there..
(29.96 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
10c-Iron_Bar.wz
A some simple concept but designed for a high tactic game. The central bases of each sides are like "basketball pivots", who can decide where to balance the frontline, and can be very dangerous according to their position taking considerations potentials fight zones.
(31.01 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
10c-Marauder.wz
My First one; the longest to achieve due to many correctives. Combining some artistic sides with a realistic ambiance and a true strategic design. You can use the large avenue crossing the city in order to be faster at the other side of the map, without losing time returning on your toes.
(60.17 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Last edited by Ulteamatum on 05 Apr 2020, 00:50, edited 1 time in total.
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Re: Ulteamatum and Crixus Maps of 2020 - A lot..

Post by Ulteamatum »

Here the FlaME minimaps captures from my five precedent ones :
Attachments
10c-Vauban_Fortress
10c-Vauban_Fortress
10c-Crop_Circles
10c-Crop_Circles
10c-Butterfly_Effect
10c-Butterfly_Effect
10c-Iron_Bar
10c-Iron_Bar
10c-Marauder
10c-Marauder
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

Now the Crixus work, with first previews and next files of it :
Attachments
8c-The_Last_Emperor
8c-The_Last_Emperor
8c-Iron_Ribs
8c-Iron_Ribs
wz2100-20200326_014544-main.png (10.79 KiB) Viewed 4957 times
4c-Over_The_Hill
4c-Over_The_Hill
wz2100-20200326_014021-main.png (11.13 KiB) Viewed 4957 times
8c-Target
8c-Target
8c-Surrounded
8c-Surrounded
8c-Surrounded.wz
(20.08 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

The maps.

Crixus gave me his full agreement to let me post his own maps. So there is no problem about our kind of process.
Attachments
10c-The_Last_Emperor.wz
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
8c-Iron_Ribs.wz
(15.58 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
4c-Over_The_Hill.wz
(11.99 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
8c-Target.wz
(14.9 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
8c-Surrounded.wz
(20.08 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

After that first upload session, we are are back bringing you our next wave.
As mentioned in the topic name, it's question about a lot of map. We currently have done more than ten from each of our respective side, and are going more and more closer to the symbolic 20. So it will be, maybe, some 40 maps we will add, for the community.

As the tradition wants, lets open this with presentation captures, followed by the maps themselves.
But for now, it's turn to Crixus to be premiere. Enjoy and have fun.
Attachments
9c - Triangle_Shock
9c - Triangle_Shock
8c - DDAY
8c - DDAY
DDAY.png (11 KiB) Viewed 4611 times
8c - Galaxy
8c - Galaxy
8c - Croisades
8c - Croisades
6c - Convergence2
6c - Convergence2
Humility is the door. Empathy is the key.
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

===Maps there===

Do not pay attention to the cloned pieces; it's a forum code bug I am unable to resolve.

It appeared after I tried to edit an attachment (that I could not access directly without deleting one by one, in order, the other ones which were clean. There and then, occurred the bug : all the new pieces faded away. The logic : replacing it again by fulling the empty slots. Result ? A come back of the ghosted files, leading to those double pieces. Sorry for this inconvenient).
Attachments
9c-Triangle_Shock.wz
"A rare 3vs3vs3 map" Nice work Crixus.
(15.79 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
8c-DDay.wz
-Edit : Second version, which fix a inherent bug to obsolete structures. The problem appeared only on my computer, not the Crixus's one, in the 3.3.0 version of Warzone- Crixus : "A 3vs5 map, based on attack/defense mode (the 3 players above, in 5-6-7 positions, are so defenders. In a realism equity, they benefit of an advantage consisting in defensive structures, like mortars, hard points, fortresses.. and even a natural antitank cesspool, where units are slower and put in a delicate position. These ones can cross it)."
(22.28 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
8c-GALAXY.wz
"Try to respect the initial map positions in order to fully enjoy the idea of the potential of the map".
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
8c-Croisades.wz
(13.65 KiB) Downloaded 138 times
6c-Convergence2.wz
(11.47 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
9c-Triangle_Shock.wz
(15.79 KiB) Downloaded 157 times
8c-DDay.wz
-Edit : Second version, which fix a inherent bug to obsolete structures. The problem appeared only on my computer, not the Crixus's one, in the 3.3.0 version of Warzone- Crixus : "A 3vs5 map, based on attack/defense mode (the 3 players above, in 5-6-7 positions, are so defenders. In a realism equity, they benefit of an advantage consisting in defensive structures, like mortars, hard points, fortresses.. and even a natural antitank cesspool, where units are slower and put in a delicate position. These ones can cross it)."
(22.28 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
8c-GALAXY.wz
"Try to respect the initial choice for the map positions, if you want to fully enjoy the idea of this map".
(15.08 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
8c-Croisades.wz
(13.65 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
6c-Convergence2.wz
(11.47 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
Last edited by Ulteamatum on 09 Apr 2020, 05:24, edited 6 times in total.
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

Ulteamatum (me) five ones, second wave :

===Captures===
Attachments
10c - Dice_Are_Thrown
10c - Dice_Are_Thrown
9c - A_Symmetry_Call
9c - A_Symmetry_Call
10c - Frontal_Choc
10c - Frontal_Choc
9c - Triphased
9c - Triphased
10c - Interaction_Hall
10c - Interaction_Hall
Last edited by Ulteamatum on 05 Apr 2020, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

===Maps there===
Attachments
10c-Dice_Are_Thrown.wz
-Edit : After a little structure placements problem for players 0 and 5, because I did not test it (thank you Crixus), I replaced the old bugged file by this one, improved, fixed and finalized.- A variant from the original, which have sides open. I prefer to present you that one in order to aim a more concentrated game; and not losing you everywhere.
(21.89 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
9c-A_Symmetry_Call.wz
Another 9 players map. Left side camp can lead you to imagine they would have an advantage in such height envelopment. But there no many place between those natural formations, meaning they wont last a lot in an artillery field battle, needing their chassis to defend the pass enter against forces of the other side winners.
(12.69 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
10c-Frontal_Choc.wz
Simple concept of hard front lining. This map is the first version of five other, where i added heights of concentrations/protections against direct radar spot of the bases, often meaning the end of a side.
(12.92 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
9c-Triphased.wz
No many maps with 9 players, while that configuration has a specific potential in 3vs3vs3. In that term, i built that one in a triphased motor movement style.
(15.91 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
10c-Interaction_Hall.wz
Just to read the map, which say everything to know. The promontoire can be very useful in a radar control of the battlefield.
(15.73 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

Coming very soon.

The third wave of Ulteamatum and Crixus.

With a new experience and empowered pleasure,

The preview of the Ulteamatum's five set :
Attachments
10c
10c
10c
10c
10c
10c
9c
9c
9c
9c
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

Ulteamatum map files : Third Wave

PS : The Fourth is almost ready.
Attachments
10c-Ant-Hill.wz
Will you out-pass the Ant-Hill and become the king ?
(18.29 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
10c-Differential.wz
The central bar can be crossed by a slim pass, leading with bots to a massive and intense fight in front of local bases.
BE AWARE, for players number 0 and 5 : If main of their bases are located at the middle, oil derricks are in facts at each side centers of the map, on promontories. If one of this advanced base is destroyed, the player can directly rebuild it, with energy ressources saved, on this natural fortifications, leading to a more long game. The serious things just begins, like it was a scenario scripted game with a new done to considerate ("this player is not dead. They just lost a strategical position that we took hardly. But this was a first battle, only the primary chapter of a further, and till announced, total war. The worst, is coming, comrades !" As I could tell what you will experience in it. What I do).
So do not be surprised in such 0 and 5 positions : your cam game will appeared at your HQ/Command Center, behind of your advanced bases (which contain factories, researches centers and power generators!). Your role are thus very important to control this place before your allies come to you !
(19 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
10c-Planetaries.wz
Maybe a little too large ?
(19.96 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
9c-Star_Destroyer.wz
Looked from over, it's the perspective of a Star Destroyer from what you know.. Or maybe a Republican cruiser from the Clone Wars. My Fourth 9 players map, where I think I have reached the end of potential for such 3vs3vs3 maps. A little explanation for the concept itself in that one : A player of each team is placed in the central triangle. Their bases are split , seeing factories inside that central area, and oil derricks outside. That means destroying factories and first part of those bases wont be enough to defeat one of these players. You will have to finish him by crossing out the little triangle area, but only if your enemy's mates do not come to eradicate the threat you represent for their bad day ally. Concerning this time the 6 players in behind of the little triangle, they have others prerogatives to deal with : Either they rush the center to clean it definitively in a junction with ally player ahead, or they try a larger flanking offensive toward external twin bases of an adverse side, to surprise, or not, them.
(15.87 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
9c-Stargate.wz
Here arrived Goa'uld mother-ship. A new 9 players map that I got surprised myself playing it. Everything has been worked to create a pure and perfect balance in terms of placement, and fighting areas.
(20 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

Crixus Preview of the Third Wave of maps :
Attachments
8c-DestructionDerby.png
8c-Tournament.png
8c-The_Cup.png
8c-Chain.png
8c-Infusion.png
8c-Infusion.png (11.61 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

Crixus Third Wave of Maps. Enjoy :

PS : Next coming will be Crixus work first.
Attachments
8c-Infusion.wz
"North vs South wanted game. Backward square players are those whom the role is decisive : They can directly rush their opposed adversaries, or they decide -too- of injecting forces in the middle square to join their allies in there".
(13.44 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
8c-Chain.wz
"Map designed for inserted gameplay, where each player has to defend two sides at the same time (Type A-B-A-B...)".
(12.39 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
8c-The_Cup.wz
"Follow that logic : Left north box is team A; Right north box is team B; Same thing for the south box. Ideal would be that in central arena come the final of Team A vs Team B, for the Cup".
(13.14 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
8c-Tournament.wz
"Like a Quarter final, with an arena for semi finals on each sides, and eventually a central arena for the final. This is ALSO a perfect map for a CPS game Mode".
(12.51 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
8c-DestructionDerby.wz
"For the PS1 nostalgics. Make warm engines and crush each others in the arena. North vs south. Players 0-7-3-4, be vigilent at your placement in first line. Choose your box : the Bouncer.. :p".
(18.17 KiB) Downloaded 126 times