Is the AG worth using in the campaign?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Is the AG worth using in the campaign?

Post by matthewfarmery »

Well I just got the assault gun in beta 6, so far, I'm just using lancers, (I just find that the heavy cannon isn't worth using) I've not played the campaign in ages. So wondering at this stage, would it be worth converting some of my lancers to AG? or keep them as lancers? (I also know that the AG is can take out VTOLs, but so far, that hasn't really bothered me too much.

So yes or no for AG?

PS

I found using a total lancer setup to be both powerful and probably OP, so just asking should I change my setup?

thanks in advance
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Is the AG worth using in the campaign?

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Assault Gun works fine for cyborg control or against weaker tank designs. I wouldn't recommend it against the Collective's tanks since they will be far less effective than what a lancer or cannon could do. It's decent against Nexus units later on if you have a group of them.

The Heavy Cannon are still very much useful and can be used all the way to the end of the campaign from my own experience. They are just slower to move and at damaging things. The best part is they survive a ton of attacks so they are good for players who like completing the campaign with as few casualties as possible. It all comes down to how you want to play the campaign so, yes, slow-rockets will get you through the campaign faster.
matthewfarmery
Trained
Trained

Re: Is the AG worth using in the campaign?

Post by matthewfarmery »

Thanks for the answer, won't bother with AG until the next campaign then. To me, lancers out perform cannons in terms of rare damage, but you are right, cannons do have more health. I tried to do a few tests, attach a single lancer to a hero commander, and see how much damage it can do to a rookie commander. It killed the commander a lot faster then a heavy cannon unit. To me, that just pecked at the health of the commander tank, and even then, it did end up missing a bit.

That is why I decided to go full lancer, and ditched the HMG and cannon setup that I used in the past.

Anyway, will keep to lancers, so far, the setup has worked out well, so thanks again for the answer.