Art Revolution Mod (Broken Record Probably)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Nemesis Risen
New user

Art Revolution Mod (Broken Record Probably)

Post by Nemesis Risen »

Hello All! So, brass tax is I have a Dilemma, I am wanting to use the new Art Revolution in tandem with the current version of Warzone (3.3.0 Beta), but I seem to be incapable of getting to run, I have no clue on what to do, and skimming through the forums, either no one else is having this problem, or I am clearly unsuited to enable a simply graphics mod and should stop pc gaming... since the ladder isn't an option because Warzone is life, I need some help here, any takers?

I can provide any information that one may need (within reason, of course) in order to help me in this endeavor, sorry if this is a waste of someones time but inquiring minds would like to know.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Art Revolution Mod (Broken Record Probably)

Post by Forgon »

Nemesis Risen wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 03:52 Hello All! So, brass tax is I have a Dilemma, I am wanting to use the new Art Revolution in tandem with the current version of Warzone (3.3.0 Beta), but I seem to be incapable of getting to run, I have no clue on what to do, and skimming through the forums, either no one else is having this problem, or I am clearly unsuited to enable a simply graphics mod and should stop pc gaming... since the ladder isn't an option because Warzone is life, I need some help here, any takers?

I can provide any information that one may need (within reason, of course) in order to help me in this endeavor, sorry if this is a waste of someones time but inquiring minds would like to know.
For a start, tell us
  • from which location you downloaded the mod
  • where you put in in your configuration folder
Nemesis Risen
New user

Post by Nemesis Risen »

My apologies, I downloaded the mod from;

https://sourceforge.net/projects/artrev2100/files/

and as far as the config folder, there isn't one when I used the Beta Installer, it did not create one, so I guess the first question is, where do I need to make one, if thats whats needed.
Nemesis Risen
New user

Post by Nemesis Risen »

So I got the Art Revolution Mod 3.3.0 from sourceforge, after that I looked for the config folder, however, when I installed Warzone from the beta installer, it looks like that folder was not made, so I don't know where to create one.
Nemesis Risen
New user

Post by Nemesis Risen »

So I downloaded the mod from;

https://sourceforge.net/projects/artrev2100/files/

And as far as the config folder, apparently when I used the beta1 installer one wasn't made. So that starts me down the path of not knowing where to create that folder and what other things I need to put inside it to get the mod to co-operate.
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

Assuming you are using Windows, the path to the configuration folder has changed.
The directory Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone 2100 <version> is located under the %APPDATA% folder.

Typical %APPDATA% paths:
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data
  • Windows Vista+: \Users\$USER$\AppData\Roaming
Hence, the default path for the Warzone configuration data on Windows Vista+ would be: C:\Users\$USER$\AppData\Roaming\Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone 2100 <version>\

By default, the %APPDATA% folder is hidden. Entering: %APPDATA%\Warzone 2100 Project\ into the address bar of Windows Explorer will browse to your Warzone directory.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

I suggest you to use portable version of warzone. Unpack it where you want, then launch it via launch_warzone.bat and exit. now in game's folder you can find Warzone 2100 <version> folder with mods folder in it.
Last edited by MaNGusT on 11 Mar 2019, 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Nemesis Risen
New user

Post by Nemesis Risen »

pastdue wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 17:56 Assuming you are using Windows, the path to the configuration folder has changed.
The directory Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone 2100 <version> is located under the %APPDATA% folder.

Typical %APPDATA% paths:
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\$USER$\Application Data
  • Windows Vista+: \Users\$USER$\AppData\Roaming
Hence, the default path for the Warzone configuration data on Windows Vista+ would be: C:\Users\$USER$\AppData\Roaming\Warzone 2100 Project\Warzone 2100 <version>\

By default, the %APPDATA% folder is hidden. Entering: %APPDATA%\Warzone 2100 Project\ into the address bar of Windows Explorer will browse to your Warzone directory.
This worked, thanks so much to both of you for your help, sorry about the many re-posts btw, I didn't know that it was a screening process, so I thought it was something I did :P
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

The game folder offers a mods folder too, but no matter where you copy mods in, nothing happens until you find the invisible Warzone in AppData offering nearly the same mods folders. O.o
Morgana
Trained
Trained

Post by Morgana »

themac wrote: 26 Mar 2019, 18:00 The game folder offers a mods folder too, but no matter where you copy mods in, nothing happens until you find the invisible Warzone in AppData offering nearly the same mods folders. O.o
Here information go to C:\Programms or Programmms x64 or x86\Warzone 2100 Master\bin
copy all .dll and exe and pdb and sym
to insert folder Warzone 2100 Master and the mod open :)
I paint the images :geek:
for 3.1.5 -> 3.2.3 -> master :lecture: