XANAX's mechs for 3.X+ [split]

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: XANAX's mechs for 3.X+ [split]

Post by Staff »

XANAXcorporation wrote:thanks for updating my old mod :3
Just for reference, CC0 is the license, however, not using same account ? :hmm:
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3337&start=90#p67307
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Per wrote:Fixed up XANAX's old mod to work with latest versions. Attached.

I am considering adding the graphics to the game, so that modders may use them. However, they lack team colours... Maybe someone could fix that? :)
when would you include this?
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

aubergine wrote:It would be nice if we could get it so the mechs were something that could be researched later in the game
Agree, would be nice to have these in the game, research them at some point so they become available.
Maybe from a Mech Factory? or stick with Cyborg Factory for their production?

A couple of things; 'in-factory'/design menu graphics, can these be scaled down so they fit? and would it be possible to make the weapons more noticeable?

@Berg: Good job, their movement is much better now. :)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I'm currently adding them to the FlaME dataset project. The legs don't render, but that's normal behavior for FlaME. ;)

One thing that I'd like to discuss is how we get them coexisting with normal Cyborgs. I have applied a naming convention (namely 'mech_' ) to all of the Mech bits. The additions are loading in FlaME without errors, however this means that they won't be compatible with maps and mods using the Mechs in any other way than this.

I propose that the naming convention above be used as standard for Mechs in the future. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all eyes and ears. :D

Here is the updated dataset (now 0.5) with the Mechs incorporated using the above naming. Note that this won't work in-game, as I haven't added it to anything yet.
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

Should I download "per's mod" or "Berg's mod" :?: :?:

Andrie,
(AWarZoner)
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

AWarZoner wrote:Should I download "per's mod" or "Berg's mod" :?: :?:
Berg's update is the most recent and works best, so download: 'mech_v1.wz' ...
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Can someone please make the animations and team colors for these? I have them imported into master but the legs don't move.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Goto start of thread it is done
MIH-XTC wrote:Can someone please make the animations and team colors for these? I have them imported into master but the legs don't move.
see second .wz file first is not good
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Berg wrote:Changed the animation speed feedback needed.
The legs don't move for me in master. Doesn't master use a different animation system or something ??? (Just going off what Jorzi said in another thread).

I tried adding this line to cybd_std.pie

EVENT 1 cybd_run.pie

but it didn't work.

Super worst case we can make a levitation propulsion/research upgrade to keep the legs static :lol2: (just j/k) , right now they just kind of scoot around
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I tested them in master they don’t walk.
I tested them in 3.1.5 they do walk.
Do we have to modify the pie file to add animation?
If so could we get a explanation in wiki?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Yes, the animation system has changed. The animation frames now reside in the PIE files. Changed in af9c9137d231d4b2c1d4e5e1ffde0e86dc443b3c - documentation of the new system in doc/Animation.md and doc/PIE.md
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Ok I have made a new mech mod with animation working but do note.
It has issues like the legs vanish at start and end of walk event.
I think its not pointing to right pie for for a split second
also they group too close together so the space they use needs to be larger.
On the same note i recorded the animation of the derricks starting and its the same thing from standing to moving the moving object vanishes.
Just a short explanation on how this particular animation works we have 8 levels in the pie file we literally switch a level on or off to show the leg positions example ani in the pie file is.

Code: Select all

ANIMOBJECT 85 0 8
	0       0	0       0       0       0       0     1    1    1
	1       0	0       0       0       0       0    -1    -1    -1
	2       0	0       0       0       0       0    -1    -1    -1
	3       0	0       0       0       0       0    -1    -1    -1
	4       0	0       0       0       0       0    -1    -1    -1
	5       0	0       0       0       0       0    -1    -1    -1
	6       0	0       0       0       0       0    -1    -1    -1
	7       0	0       0       0       0       0    -1    -1    -1

So as you can see the object in level one is turned on the other 7 levels are turned off.
Hope this is helpfull see the pie files for full example in the mod.
Ill upload to youtube https://youtu.be/Ld5ZWiZi8eM
and anothert vid showing team colour pink
https://youtu.be/TvatogiUZYQ
Attachments
mechv4.wz
(482.52 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Thanks for the explanation, I understand now. Also thanks for updating the animations. I changed the animation speed from 85 to 435 and slowed down the leg motion quite a bit. I tried 35 at first and the foot movement went michael jackson. I also had to change the body weight and engine output stats to slow it down and match the foot speed. In terms of a balance I think they should be slow. I'd make a video but my software is broke at the moment. I'll upload a video once it's fixed. In the meantime I added them into my mod here

https://github.com/jbreija/Warzone2100E ... /EB-Mod.wz

Now that you mention there is a vanishing blip at the beginning and end of the animation, I think I have subconsciously noticed that for quite some time on other animations but never really gave much thought to it. I'll keep an eye out to see where else this occurs.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Per wrote:Yes, the animation system has changed. The animation frames now reside in the PIE files. Changed in af9c9137d231d4b2c1d4e5e1ffde0e86dc443b3c - documentation of the new system in doc/Animation.md and doc/PIE.md
Aghgh.. How could I miss that? I was waiting for the event-driven animation system for years! thank you, Per ^^
Is there a plan to add propulsions and turrets to support list in a near future? I think that at least propulsions could be added easyly, as for the weapons, the barrel and turret models should be merged in one pie file before adding them into animation code. I mean, each weapon's pie should have few levels(barrel, turret, something other) that artists will animate seperately.
Hmm... Propulsions should support more than 1 level too, to animate wheels for example.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

MaNGusT wrote:Is there a plan to add propulsions and turrets to support list in a near future? I think that at least propulsions could be added
I can give it a shot. The existing "event" (movement vs still) for propulsion needs to be merged into the new system. It would be much easier if I had some animation I could test it with, though.

Propulsion is probably much easier than weapons, which are really complicated.