For those that don't have menu text in the latest BETA 2.1 build

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Re: For those that don't have menu text in the latest BETA 2.1 build

Post by doom3r »

Looks like that bug might get fixed. What was the cause of it?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

The white-blocky-text issue was caused by a wrong selection of texture pages on certain operating systems in Warzone 2100.
The some-letters-are-missing issue is a VBO (Vertex Buffer Object) related problem in QuesoGLC, which cause and exact fix is currently being found, to replace the workaround (disabling VBOs).
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Please note, there is no need to keep creating NEW threads about this issue.

We KNOW about this.

You can either wait for the next BETA release (which will be soon) or checkout the latest build of the game and compile it yourself.

I would do another beta, but the issue that devurandom talks about, and the no font displayed issue doesn't seem to be related.
Which means if you tried the first patch that I did, and you didn't see anything, then you must wait for the next Beta release.

Just keep adding your info in THIS thread, and hopefully, on the next release, nobody will need this thread anymore.  :)
and it ends here.
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Soooooo..... How long to the next Beta?  ::)
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

NucNut wrote: Soooooo..... How long to the next Beta?  ::)
Good question.  ???

I have no idea.

If your on windows, I can compile another test if you like, but if my first test didn't work, then this will not work either.

The next Beta uses a different library from what I am using, so, hopefully, it will work for all.
and it ends here.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

about problem... I thought a little .... basicly this problem shows cause we use none-standart front. Am I right ? If to take a standart one like Arial or Times new Roman... something like that.( I mean for Win OS only) Could it solve a problem temporary ? or I'm wrong ?
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Post by Verminus »

No. As i understand it, it is more to do with how the fonts are displayed, not which fonts used. There was also two different problems which both seem to have appered at the same time and so have caused some confusion...

The white blocks instead of text (which I had) was caused by the fact that QuesoGLC 0.7.0 changed its default behavior with regards to selection of texture pages, and the warzone code wasn't correctly updated for the 2.1beta1 release. so warzone worked fine with QuesoGLC 0.6.5 but not with 0.7.0. This has since been corrected and recent svn builds no longer have this problem (hence i can now use QuesoGLC 0.7.0.)

The missing letters problem is much deeper problem with QuesoGLC and Vertex Buffer Objects, (see this QuesoGLC bug.) looks like the Queso guys may have found a fix so a new/working version of QuesoGLC may arrive soon. Anyone who has the missing text issue and can compile from svn source may want to have a look at it and test if it does fix the problem, I would but I've not had the problem in the first place so i can thelp much there...

As for when the next beta of 2.1 will be released, I guess the devs are waiting for QuesoGLC to fix the text issue first, especcialy as i noticed the links to 2.1beta1 in the downloads section have been removed, "Due to serious bugs".

So there is the problem as i understand it, I'm sure if i've got anything wrong someone will correct me.
Andariel
Greenhorn

Post by Andariel »

hmm can anyone compile me it for windows? im willing to check if it now works but i have no(t yet) f*****g clue how to compile stuff
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Verminus is correct.
Though we might release 2.1_beta2 with a svn snapshot of quesoglc (for Windows at least, Linux users would have to use quesoglc-0.6.5 or wait for quesoglc-0.7.1 to appear in their distros).
Verminus
Trained
Trained

Post by Verminus »

Or compile our quesoglc ourselves, especially as Queso isn't in the Ubuntu repo at all...
rendezvous123
New user

Post by rendezvous123 »

DevUrandom wrote:...Linux users would have to use quesoglc-0.6.5...
Looks like i'ma have to wait for 7.1 of QuesoGLC or the next beta of WZ2100. I downgraded to 0.6.5, and i still get the block text.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

rendezvous123 wrote: Looks like i'ma have to wait for 7.1 of QuesoGLC or the next beta of WZ2100. I downgraded to 0.6.5, and i still get the block text.
The blocky text issue is resolved in warzone2100-2.1_beta2. The issue with missing text is a bug related to Vertex Buffer Objects (VBOs) in some OpenGL drivers (mainly by Intel), and will be worked around in quesoglc-0.7.1.
Zythran
New user

Post by Zythran »

Just an FYI to those involved... it looks like QuesoGLC 0.7.1 was tagged a couple hours ago and is available on Sourceforge.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Thanks for the heads up! :)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DevUrandom wrote: Thanks for the heads up! :)
Now unsticky this thread, and let it die... it isn't needed anymore AFAIK.
and it ends here.