Linux Help. How to start WZ with more than one CPU Core ??

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Linux Help. How to start WZ with more than one CPU Core ??

Post by Doruletz »

This is an ongoing request, which was mentioned by me before in other forum topics.
I seem to remember that a while back BERG posted something to that effect in one of my older topics, but I was unable to find that post...

I have this high-end CPU, an Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz × 8, which is in fact a Quad Core with Hyper-Threading, making it a virtual octacore.
While I recognize the benefit of my CPU being able to switch core usage to keep a lower temp at all times, I would love to run WZ2100 with more than the Default single core usage.

So, without further ado,
can someone please post a Linux Terminal Command to launch WZ2100 using more than the default one single CPU Core???
Like at least 2 physical cores out of the 4 total...
If possible, please also include a Command for using all 4 physical cores.
I would then be able to try out both, and decide for myself which is the best balance between power gain and CPU temperature...

Thanks.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Re: Linux Help. How to start WZ with more than one CPU Core

Post by Cyp »

Sorry – to do that, someone would have to either refactor the game to make it saner, or find a holy grail.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

Cyp wrote:Sorry – to do that, someone would have to either refactor the game to make it saner, or find a holy grail.
@"Cyp":

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but YOU ARE WRONG!
It is possible. Someone just PM me with partial instructions and a link on how to compile from source with the option to have 2 CPU Cores active when the game is launched.

Read here, it's at number 3 in the tutorial, first line of code:

http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/CompileGuideLinux

I just wanted an easier solution, like maybe just a simple Terminal Command, something similar to launching a WZ2100 MOD via Terminal...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Doruletz wrote:YOU ARE WRONG!
:doh: Please stop shouting stuff you know nothing about. It's very harmful. If you can't, at least please stop shouting.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

NoQ wrote:
Doruletz wrote:YOU ARE WRONG!
:doh: Please stop shouting stuff you know nothing about. It's very harmful. If you can't, at least please stop shouting.
@NoQ:

First of all, let me say this:
Taking just the "YOU ARE WRONG!" part out of context makes all the difference and can lead people to understand this whole nonsense as an insult, maybe.
You should have quoted the whole sentence...
Doruletz wrote: I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but YOU ARE WRONG!
In this forum (and others that I go to), I just use the above mentioned writing to make sure people see and understand what I consider a somewhat important part. I never meant to insult or upset anybody in any way, that's not why I come here...

Besides, I never understood the whole concept that CAPS, or larger size characters, or different in color or bold means shouting. That is pure juvenile, immature to believe that.
And I have no need for any of that, as I always say what's on my mind, if need be...

See, to me, for example writing in skimpy, itsy-bitsy tiny letters is not a good thing, as I know I need eyeglasses, but I'm just to stubborn to admit it. But I never tell people not to whisper at me...
I ALWAYS PREFER BIG LETTERS. Makes it easier to see, read, search, remember, understand, etc.

Now that we clarified all that, he is indeed wrong... That is the only thing I wanted to make sure gets seen.
I say again, I never meant to offend anybody, OK?

If you followed my posts, which I know you did for most of them (and I take this opportunity to thank you again for all your help), you were bound to notice that I always thank people for their input and I try to be very polite, so your INTERVENTION is in fact uncalled for.

Anyhow, I'm not upset, I can never get upset over something as meaningless as a forum...
Ever since I turned on my first computer back in the 90's I decided to never mistake the virtual as being real life, no matter what.

Good day to y'all.

P.S.: Here's a good example, in this other post of mine...
I do not SHOUT my PC Specs from the top of my lungs, I just used bigger and bolder characters to make sure people see them...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12829