WARZONE Limits

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Reaper087
Trained
Trained

WARZONE Limits

Post by Reaper087 »

Year hello,,

I'm need help, the best Step by step instruction for unpack the WZ.exe (with download links for Tools)and Modify Unit-limit for droids and pack the wz.exe again.

ähm, also da mein Englisch nicht das beste ist, schreib ich erstmal auf Deutsch in der Hoffnung es versteht jemand.
ja ich hatte schonmal öfter nachgefragt und auch antworten bekommen,

und zwar geht es um das ändern des einheitenlimits für die Version 3.1.4. da 150 einfach zu wenig sind, jaja, performance, sync und das alles is dann für Po. naja aber ich spiel ja eh allein oder im LAN..

Könnte mir vlt jemand, bitte, schritt für schritt erklären mit angabe der download links für die tools die ich brauche, erklären wie ich die Wz2100.exe entpacke und das Droidenlimit ändere und dann wieder zusammen packe? bittee.. damit ich nie wieder hier nerven brauch xD
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: WARZONE Limits

Post by vexed »

You would need to recompile the game.
The unit limit is there because the engine is so old, it can't handle that many units.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
gypakk
Trained
Trained

Post by gypakk »

As vexed said, you need to recompile the game. The "compile guide" will help to do this.

http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/CompileGuide

What source line to change? You might have luck with "#define MAX_MP_DROIDS 150" in file "droid.h".
However, I am not sure if there aren't any side effects... Good luck! You might need it. :-)

Viel Glück! :-)
Reaper087
Trained
Trained

Post by Reaper087 »

Prerequesites

Current version of ​TortoiseSVN
GnuWin packages: ​Flex (version ​2.5.4a-1 will do the job), ​Bison (version ​2.1 is required at least).
Latest Warzone Developer's Package (for ​trunk or ​2.2/2.3)
​Microsoft Visual C++ Express Edition (current devpkg and build system are tuned to MSVC 2008 SP1, but with some manual modifications you can use any version up from MSVC 2005)

Latest Warzone Developer's Package (for ​trunk or ​2.2/2.3)------- Whats this? i don't find that oO
Reaper087
Trained
Trained

Post by Reaper087 »

I have dowload alle Commponents, but I don't know what the translation for this is, for the german Version from Visual Basic...

Your environment PATH variable should include the “<path to GnuWin32>\bin” directory. This should be where your bison.exe, flex.exe and gettext files were installed.
Under Properties –> Debugging –> Set your additional command line arguments. At a minimum you should specify the data directory using the --datadir commandline option. For e. g. --datadir D:\Programming\Warzone2100\data. You also should specify this directory as working directory.
Select "Warzone2100" as start object.

someone so friendly, and Compile me this Source wiht Modify the Unit Limit to 500.please.
I tried, but but I did not make it :(

https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... ror=heanet
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Those instructions are very, very old as is posted on top of the wiki, and don't apply anymore.
Don't know why you are trying to use 2.3.9 anyway, that is unsupported.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Reaper087
Trained
Trained

Post by Reaper087 »

i think the old graphic of the walls are better than the new one.
And the old texture too^^

can you help me please?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Help with compiling a really old version? No, sorry, I just don't have the time to do this.
Reaper087
Trained
Trained

Post by Reaper087 »

and for the new 3.1.5 ??? better than Nothing.. I can create a Mod with old textures and Wall Models^^
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

While that is easier to compile, I still don't have the time, and that would break other people's game if you went online with it.
Not sure why you want so many units, the engine really can't handle that many.
Reaper087
Trained
Trained

Post by Reaper087 »

I Play it with friends Lan.

We still play the Master from this site http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/master/windows/
here can we set the Unit limit ;) with no problem ingame

but the Walls are not sty on ground of bevel
andrvaut
Trained
Trained

Post by andrvaut »

Hello. I have a problem in step 6:

Code: Select all

checking for i686-pc-mingw32-makensis... no
checking for makensis... no
configure: error: makensis not found
migw -- OK

make gcc JOBS=4 zlib bfd gettext jpeg libpng ogg vorbis openal theora qt sdl physfs glew freetype fontconfig fribidi libiberty

PATH -- OK

echo $PATH
/opt/mxe/usr/bin/:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games
configure key:

--host=i686-pc-mingw32 --enable-static PKG_CONFIG=i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config         CC_FOR_BUILD="gcc" CXX_FOR_BUILD="g++"         CFLAGS="-pipe -m32 -march=i686 -O2 -g -gstabs -g3"         CXXFLAGS="-pipe -m32 -march=i686 -O2 -g -gstabs -g3 -fno-exceptions"         --enable-installer --with-installer-extdir="/opt/mxe/usr/i686-pc-mingw32"         --with-installer-version="2.46.0.0" --disable-debug

Please help me.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

configure: error: makensis not found
It is telling you it isn't found, so install the package.
andrvaut
Trained
Trained

Post by andrvaut »

leadership http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/Compil ... dows/Cross irrelevant.
add to step 3

make nsis
replace

i686-pc-mingw32/
on

i686-w64-mingw32.static
everywhere
and remove

PKG_CONFIG=i686-pc-mingw32-pkg-config
on 6 step

limit 400 droid:
http://vaut.ddns.net/wzfile/warzone2100 ... mit400.exe
Reaper087
Trained
Trained

Post by Reaper087 »

Hey,, i have listen in a German forum, That game to Compile under Windows is very Strengh.....

they not do to.. importand- I need Linux...

can everybody make this modify for me and other guys??(set unit limit to 500) i know, many peaple will this. and the engine can do this., I have test it, with the Master. not laggy or other,,, in Multiplayer with 500 units come A_sync, to the same time, how with 150 units..