Windows 10 Cant Host Warzone 2100 !

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Windows 10 Cant Host Warzone 2100 !

Post by vexed »

bendib wrote:I hear other people can't host on Windows 10. I think it might be a bug with Windows 10.
O_o
Eh? Warzone 2100 3.1.2 (or later) plays just fine in Win 10.
The usual problem here is, either the ISP is blocking the port (complain to THEM), or, the user didn't open up the correct ports on FW or router.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
marekumas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marekumas »

How To Unblocked the port??
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Most routers have a web-based management interface you can access with your browser.

Perhaps your Internet Service Provider can help.
marekumas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marekumas »

in windows 7 worked fine port isnt blocked

when i installed windows 10 i didn't work :(
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

That suggests there is some security feature in Win 10 that is blocking the port. Most operating systems run some sort of firewall. This means you must configure *both* your router AND your Windows firewall.

Maybe ask on a Windows forum?
marekumas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marekumas »

Well I need to buy windows for support f**k ...
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Or Linux, it's cheaper. 100% off, this week only!
marekumas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marekumas »

dafuq? linux im talking about how to fix this problem not linux wtf?
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

marekumas wrote:Well I need to buy windows for support f**k ...
This is a suggest from the other posters that you either go to windows 10 forum and ask for advise or delete your pirated win10 that you refuse to pay for and get a Linux operating system which you don’t have to pay for.

We here at warzone forum try our best to fix issue but when those issues become obviously outside our control we try to advise where to go to from here.

Regards Berg
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

"delete your pirated win10" - he may just mean pay for support from microsoft, he has not stated his OS is illegitimate.

I think the advice here has been given is suitable, marekumas you've got homework to do to learn more on networking side. I couldn't get solaris to work but at the same time I'm not going to work my socks off to get it to necessarily. If I complain then I'll also find a way to make something work if I really wanted. not use this wtf statements - "dafuq? linux im talking about how to fix this problem not linux wtf?" - i do get your point though... how would that relate to making it work on windows 10? Which is your problem. Why force to convert your OS?

Tz
marekumas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marekumas »

linux are not free and i dont know how to use it u cant use so much program :P
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

marekumas wrote:in windows 7 worked fine port isnt blocked

when i installed windows 10 i didn't work :(
Well then, if it worked on windows 7, then, that means the router does open the port, or you opened the port at one point in time.
That leaves the firewall.
Open it up, and tell it to allow Warzone 2100 to gain access to the internet.

Here is a post I made before about this:
vexed wrote:For the router, it is NOT needed to port forward internal ports to the LAN, in fact, that can screw things up.
Port forwarding is used for external connections to the machine hosting the game.
So, if you are hosting on 192.168.1.55, then the port forward should be TCP port 2100 for 192.168.1.55.

You don't mention which specific router you have, but, usually the cheap ones won't let you go through the lobby to connect to your game, if you are both on the same subnet.

Now, with that out of the way:
Step 1: disable AV & firewall. (Some AV's also have firewalls as well).
Step 2: run warzone, select MP, setup what you want, then hit start hosting button. If the router has the ports open for WZ to this machine, then you will be shown in the lobby, so, either make the game private, or change the masterserver_name=lobby.wz2100.net in the config file to masterserver_name=127.0.0.1 or whatever.
Step 3: WZ should be waiting for connections. Verify this by opening a admin level command prompt and typing in netstat -na |find "2100" and you will see:

Code: Select all

TCP    0.0.0.0:2100           0.0.0.0:0              LISTENING
  TCP    [::]:2100              [::]:0                 LISTENING
As you can see, it is saying both IPv4 and IPv6 port 2100 (TCP) is waiting (listening) for connections.

That is all you need to verify.
Now, the other machine should connect via IP to the one hosting, (192.168.1.55 for my example), and it should work.
If not, then something is blocking it on their end, most likely firewall or some AV programs or misconfigured router.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
marekumas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marekumas »

Well Today was working 3 hours and then when im gona play again dosen't work... i dont use AV'S my Firewall are Off
And how i can do Step 3: WZ should be waiting for connections. Verify this by opening a admin level command prompt and typing in netstat -na |find "2100" and you will
Well Dosen't work again :(
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

marekumas wrote:Well Today was working 3 hours and then when im gona play again dosen't work... i dont use AV'S my Firewall are Off
And how i can do Step 3: WZ should be waiting for connections. Verify this by opening a admin level command prompt and typing in netstat -na |find "2100" and you will
Well Dosen't work again :(
What doesn't work exactly?
What does the output show?
marekumas
Rookie
Rookie

Post by marekumas »

i fixed some how i just dont need to change the. Host name if i do that i cannot host anymore rip.... then i have to play 100 hours to host again....