Website Improvement Suggestions

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Website Improvement Suggestions

Post by Hesterax »

Hey guys.

Lately I've been thinking of a few small improvements for the forums interface, probably not even worth taking up the space needed for this new topic. First of all I think that when viewing someones profile (or perhaps your own), there should be a section that has a link to the forum topic containing the members last post. Another suggestion would be to have a different range of in game screenshots that appear on the top of the website (You know the screenshot that has the Warzone 2100 logo in the middle) that changes every time the page is reloaded or revisited. And the next suggestion will be explained in the following screen captures:
Attachments
As you can see, there are 2 gray areas that are divided by a white line. I doubt that this is necessary since all the information shown in the gray areas can be shown in an area roughly half the thickness.
As you can see, there are 2 gray areas that are divided by a white line. I doubt that this is necessary since all the information shown in the gray areas can be shown in an area roughly half the thickness.
WZ2100 Forum Improvements.PNG (6.4 KiB) Viewed 5013 times
As shown here.
As shown here.
Improved WZ2100 Screen Capture.PNG (5.54 KiB) Viewed 5013 times
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Website Improvement Suggestions

Post by Berg »

Hesterax wrote:Lately I've been thinking of a few small improvements for the forums interface, probably not even worth taking up the space needed for this new topic. First of all I think that when viewing someones profile (or perhaps your own), there should be a section that has a link to the forum topic containing the members last post. Another suggestion would be to have a different range of in game screenshots that appear on the top of the website (You know the screenshot that has the Warzone 2100 logo in the middle) that changes every time the page is reloaded or revisited. And the next suggestion will be explained in the following screen captures:

Your first sentence is mostly correct.
Hesterax wrote:probably not even worth taking up the space needed for this new topic
try this link --> memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10069
Look at this profile it has a lot of info about this person and it also is tracking where they post most and other details.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Re: Website Improvement Suggestions

Post by Hesterax »

Berg wrote:
Hesterax wrote:Lately I've been thinking of a few small improvements for the forums interface, probably not even worth taking up the space needed for this new topic. First of all I think that when viewing someones profile (or perhaps your own), there should be a section that has a link to the forum topic containing the members last post. Another suggestion would be to have a different range of in game screenshots that appear on the top of the website (You know the screenshot that has the Warzone 2100 logo in the middle) that changes every time the page is reloaded or revisited. And the next suggestion will be explained in the following screen captures:

Your first sentence is mostly correct.
Hesterax wrote:probably not even worth taking up the space needed for this new topic
try this link --> memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=10069
Look at this profile it has a lot of info about this person and it also is tracking where they post most and other details.
Thanks for the reply Berg but I should say that your post is a bit confusing, you certain that the quotes aren't the wrong way around. And what I meant by my first suggestion is that there could be extra information shown on the user profile, such as the thread where he last posted. So if you clicked on my profile after I posted this message there would be a link to this thread since this is the thread currently containing my last post.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.